What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Wk 1 Qual Final - Storm 16-10 Cowboys @ AAMI Park

Finals Wk 1: Storm v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2016 - Finals Wk 1
Melbourne Storm v North Queensland Cowboys
AAMI Park, Melbourne (TICKETS)
Saturday 10 September 2016

Gates Open 6:30pm / NRL 7:55pm

MEL-16teamlist.png

1. Cameron Munster 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Will Chambers 4. Cheyse Blair 5. Marika Koroibete 6. Blake Green 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Tim Glasby 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Tohu Harris 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Kenneath Bromwich 15. Christian Welch 16. Jordan McLean 17. Ben Hampton

NQL-16teamlist.png

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Michael Morgan 7. Johnathan Thurston 8. Matthew Scott 9. Jake Granville 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. Coen Hess 16. Scott Bolton 17. Ben Hannant

REF-RED-2016-150.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins, Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Chris Butler
Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Luke Patten, Steve Chiddy

ISC QLD Finals Wk 2
Townsville v Sunshine Coast @ Jack Manski Oval, Sat 4pm
Other Storm & Cowboys feeders have been eliminated.

Head to Head
Overall 32 - Storm 22 Cowboys 10
At AAMI 4 - Storm 2 Cowboys 2
Last 5 - Storm 3 Cowboys 2
Finals 2 - Storm 0 Cowboys 2

Last Meeting
2016 Round 21 - Storm 16 Cowboys 8 at 1300SMILES Stadium

Biggest winning margins
2007 - Storm 58 Cowboys 12 at 1300SMILES Stadium (46 points)
2010 - Storm 58 Cowboys 12 at AAMI Park (46 points)
2006 - Cowboys 40 Storm 8 at 1300SMILES Stadium (32 points)​

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Shield

Juniors
Gunna be a cracker of a game. Being in Melbourne gives the Storm a good advantage. Storm to win by 8-10 points

I'm not confident at all
We are still below our best ..
Meanwhile storm were near perfect on Sat .
If they repeat that we will get done by 10 .

Hope I'm wrong

Shorty

Staff member
Cows in top form I believe are capable of winning against Storm.
Cows aren't in top form though.

Hopefully Cows can win down there like last year.

moffla

Bench
Still haunted by the Cowboys incredible performance down here last season - but I also feel that we can't lose yet another home finals game (Can we?!)
Going to be a cracker and I'm looking forward to going. Heart says Storm by 12, head says either side by 1 or 2

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think this will be the only close semi on the weekend. Will go storm by 4 with no confidence

Storm by 6...

This game will be bloody close and will go down to last 10 mins.

The only advantage Storm have is the home crowd and the likes of Bromwich, Proctor and McLean are going to have to contain Taumalolo.

Valheru

Coach
For the 5th consecutive time, the 1v4 fixture looks to be a better and closer contest than the 2v3 fixture. I know last year 2v3 ended up being a cracker but the form lines going in were poor. I think it is because at least one of teams 2 and 3 always seem to limp in t the finals.

Anyways, The winner here basically guarantees a GF spot IMO and the loser has by far a bigger challenge in week 2 with the Broncos. To me Melbourne look like they have been waiting for the finals for 3 months so I will go them by 8. This game has the biggest potential for an 'upset' result though.

thorson1987

Coach
Still haunted by the Cowboys incredible performance down here last season - but I also feel that we can't lose yet another home finals game (Can we?!)
Going to be a cracker and I'm looking forward to going. Heart says Storm by 12, head says either side by 1 or 2

When was the last time we won a final in Melbourne?

2012?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Storm 0/2 in Finals matches v Cowboys. Interesting

TheFrog

Coach
Storm have had the Cows number this year. Expect that to continue in Bleak City.

Still, I haven't forgotten how the Storm played the game before last. They are capable of a shocker it seems.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Glanville needs to fire. All the other positions bar lock either cancel each other out or can be compensated for. Smith is playing great, Jake not so much.

Hawkins

Juniors
Cowboys will get an early exit this year. Of course they'll have to lose next week as well but I can't see that being a problem