What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Wk 2 Semi - Cowboys 26-20* Broncos @ 1300SMILES

Semi Finals: Cowboys v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shorty

Staff member
Great result and great thread. Broncos lost the war to their own rope-a-dope strategy.

Expected more of a meltdown from IBM/The Champ but hell at least we got a 'why are people mean to the Broncos/Broncos fans/Broncos players' themed post from Blaza.
IBM of course did his disappearing act!

tomdl

Bench
Another great game Cows fans. Congrats on the win. You guys have a special player in Ponga if you can hold off the Rugby/afl hands and the other nrl clubs. He handled the pressure insanely well aside from looking a little out of his depth in defence on occasion as most probably expected.

OVP

Coach
I am a broncos fan but this is taking me back. f**king tune.

I've got to be honest, I'm certainly no Broncos fan, but the way you guys played tonight when everyone on both teams were utterly exhausted from putting in so much, you at least deserved a good song to go out on :D. Well played.

Spot On

Coach
This really is a very ordinary game. It's entertaining because it's a final, but both sides look decidedly shonky to say the least. They look like last year's teams.

I know it's not popular but I had the same thoughts throughout the game. Like last year's GF, the best part was the last few minutes. The rest ..... a bit of a let down.

Sure needs to be a few questions asked as to what sort of discipline there is at the Broncs. Kicks and trips from players have cost them in the finals this season. It's bizarre. Doesn't seem like a happy club atm and the rumour mill is working overtime. Any news on the 'announcements' the club is making soon???

Snappy

Coach
You think that trip from Gillett was due to a discipline problem ? Seriously ? It was a reflex action brought about by fatigue

Snappy

Coach
Anyway, another cracking game between these sides. I never expected to win that game, but we gave it a solid crack and it's disappointing to get so close and lose again.

Spot On

Coach
You think that trip from Gillett was due to a discipline problem ? Seriously ? It was a reflex action brought about by fatigue

Lol. Ok. And James Roberts kick......... fatigue too.

There are big problems at the Broncs. I'm glad Milford is only on 400K a year. He's almost playing like a half that price tag.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Some of the coaching strategy from broncos was a bit weird, taking off parker early in the 1st half then later in the 2nd, not using a bench player all game, leaving thaiday on too long, not using an effective game plan. Maybe Wayne's been distracted by all the scouting of young talent he's been doing lately

Snappy

Coach
Some of the coaching strategy from broncos was a bit weird, taking off parker early in the 1st half then later in the 2nd, not using a bench player all game, leaving thaiday on too long, not using an effective game plan. Maybe Wayne's been distracted by all the scouting of young talent he's been doing lately

Parker was taken off because he was clearly gassed. All our forwards were and the usual rotation had to go out the window.

We always usually leave a bench forward for the last 10-15 mins. Lately it's been Arrow, but last night it was Pangi. He would have been due to come on but then Opacic had to go off and we were out of interchanges.

Spot On

Coach
Best on ground tonight, ironically

Darius sure has developed an unusual style of falling to the ground as he catches the ball. Bit like the way he dives on the ground when returning the ball. Bit him on the arse tonight.

Your best player was Lachlan Coote. Did his best to give the Broncs the win.

Shorty

Staff member
I know it's not popular but I had the same thoughts throughout the game. Like last year's GF, the best part was the last few minutes. The rest ..... a bit of a let down.

Sure needs to be a few questions asked as to what sort of discipline there is at the Broncs. Kicks and trips from players have cost them in the finals this season. It's bizarre. Doesn't seem like a happy club atm and the rumour mill is working overtime. Any news on the 'announcements' the club is making soon???
I think its a good game because both teams don't give up.
The Cows are likely done next weekend, because of the game and if the Broncos were to win vice versa....but they know the win is so important to the fans so they put in.

With regards to internal issues, its been evident for quite a while....this Broncos side is extremely talented but they have not played as a whole for quite some time.
Did they even score from a set play this series? All of their trys last night came off the back of errors and individual efforts.