What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 9s champions

Valheru

Coach
2017 has already been a better year than 2016 lol

I'm not one to believe that the 9s mean anything for the proceeding NRL season but you would have to think it gives the whole squad a confidence boost.

I thought a QF appearance was a pass mark given our squad and pool. As it turned out we played perfect tournament football improving each game and peaking in the final. We had pur gair share of luck along the way but luck fortunes the brave and i thought we were legitimately the best team in each game we won.

The massive positives are connor watson who is a star in the making, tupou who looked like he time travelled to 2013, Paul Carter who proved his worth, our defence which improved as the tournament progressed and mitch aubusson who thrived as captain. I thought latrell was quiet on the first day but found his feet the 2nd

I think this will do wonders for our first 3rd of the season and goes along way to erasing the demons of last year.

Bring on the real comp.

soc123_au

Staff member
Congrats merkins. Great to see some of the young talent from both sides. The future is bright.

Blues Riff

Bench
Yeah, well done Chooks. The disappointment was short lived. You won't find many Panthers fans who begrudge you this win.
Actually it would have been a little embarrassing if we'd won. This way we just quietly prove our point. Congratulations.

H.H

Juniors
Best thing for me is that the boys looked fresh, fit, fast and keen. I like the way they attacked too - minimal structure and kind of just played what they saw...we'll see a bit more of that this year in the 13 a side too.

Yeah it's only 9's, but good signs I reckon and the young talent we have coming through is really promising.

adamkungl

Immortal
If Tupou plays anything like that in the NRL I'll take back every bad word i've ever said about the lanky bastard. He was outstanding.