What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Auckland Nines

TheFrog

Coach
Roosters won it without Pearce, Keary, Ferguson, SKD, Friend, Cordner, Napa, JWH
Panthers were finalist without Moylan, Cartwright, Wallace, Merrin, DWZ, Mansour, Peachey, Fisher-Harris
Storm were Semi-Finalist without Vunavalu, Chambers, Cronk, Slater, Smith, Bromwich, Harris, Proctor.
I don't think it is any coincidence that the two best teams at the 9's were last year's U20 Grand Finalists.

Valheru

Coach
i think the officiating needs to be given a rap this weekend too

simply tremendous refereeing in the main
lots of bigs calls with no video ref / bunker back up & 99% have been correct on review

we're quick to bag them
we need to give credit when & where its due too

well done NRL refs

I agree with the in goal calls particularly, i can't think of one that was wrong and it was refreshing.

The forward pass calls on the other hand or lack thereof wefe abhorrent all weekend. They must have had instructions to look at other things because they were consistently not called.

A bad call that benefited the Roosters won them the game in the end. Id be f**king pissed off if it was a NRL game

Rabbits20

Immortal
A bad call that benefited the Roosters won them the game in the end. Id be f**king pissed off if it was a NRL game
Correct. That wasn't a forward pass when the Panthers were coming off their line. They let so many go in general and then the one that's back they call forward.

Plus the Roosters second try he was over the sideline. Touchie had his flag up and said no try, the in goal touchie who was 10-15metres away and didnt have a good view said try and the ref listens to him. Go figure.

Don't worry mate the seasons coming and both our sides will get robbed. You know it too.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Correct. That wasn't a forward pass when the Panthers were coming off their line. They let so many go in general and then the one that's back they call forward.

Plus the Roosters second try he was over the sideline. Touchie had his flag up and said no try, the in goal touchie who was 10-15metres away and didnt have a good view said try and the ref listens to him. Go figure.

Don't worry mate the seasons coming and both our sides will get robbed. You know it too.

OMG lol

the 2nd roosters try

was a try
the ingoal guy got it 100% correct

thats the final there if the call goes the other way
im glad they got it right

Danish

Referee
i think the officiating needs to be given a rap this weekend too

simply tremendous refereeing in the main
lots of bigs calls with no video ref / bunker back up & 99% have been correct on review

we're quick to bag them
we need to give credit when & where its due too

well done NRL refs

I think a lot of it in all honesty came down to players not flopping and flailing about trying to milk penalties every tackle, combined with not enough defenders for the ugly wrestling tactics to have an impact.

Every attacker was just focused on playing the ball as quickly as possible, and every defender was equally just trying to get to market to ensure they don't leave their line short.

Refs for their part also were happy to let minor little errors go. Play the balls that were slightly sloppy were universally ignored, and there was a lot of leeway given to flat or even slightly forward passes in the name of encouraging attacking footy.

Can't think of any howler TRY/NO TRY decisions either. Certainly nothing in line with some of the baffling shit that gets ruled during the season proper.

Would honestly love the NRL to adapt some of the 9s rules aimed at speeding up play to the proper game. Kickers being timed out on conversion attempts would be a great one, along with the line dropout shot clock being reduced

Rabbits20

Immortal
OMG lol

the 2nd roosters try

was a try

Well imo it was the wrong call.

At least it's not the season yet though, so it doesn't matter too much.

Danish

Referee
OMG lol

the 2nd roosters try

was a try

The no try call on Manu was a pearler of a decision too. Looked like he slammed it down for all money, but turned out it was on a guys foot.

That call would have taken 6 mins for a video ref to toss and turn over, and then then rule it a penalty try somehow

Raiderdave

First Grade
The no try call on Manu was a pearler of a decision too. Looked like he slammed it down for all money, but turned out it was on a guys foot.

That call would have taken 6 mins for a video ref to toss and turn over, and then then rule it a penalty try somehow
yes
terrific officiating
& quick as too

Valheru

Coach
Well imo it was the wrong call.

At least it's not the season yet though, so it doesn't matter too much.

Your opinion is wrong. I am not sure what you are basing your opinion on because there is irrefutable proof it was a try.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Your opinion is wrong. I am not sure what you are basing your opinion on because there is irrefutable proof it was a try.
I stand by my view.

Others I've spoken too have mainly said they thought it wasn't a try.

Anyway I'm not that bothered. It's not like its the season yet.