What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Average Review

Old Timer

Coach
In light of no review form HO I thought I would have a bit of a look to see what 2017 really looked like.
No doubt there are many ways to look at the results so I decided to use some averages from the stats.
6 times last year we scored 30 or more points in a game which gave great joy to the faithful and indeed was a step up from previous seasons and the innocuous attack associated with them.
Those wins were Rd 1 v Penrith, Rd 6 v Manly, Rd 11 v Warriors, Rd 16 v Newcastle, Rd 20 v Manly, Rd 23 v Titans so 3 games were in the 1st half of the comp and 3 in the second half.
Those 6 wins netted 233 points for and only 100 points against us.
In those 6 games we averaged 38.8 points for and only 16.6 points against.
In those 6 games we scored a fabulous 41 tries at almost 7 per game average.

Now the rest of the season 18 games and I acknowledge we had 6 more wins (33%).
300 ponts for at an average of 16.6 points per game.
350 points against at an average of 19.4 points per game.
Nett result - 50.
50 tries at an average of 2.7 tries per game.
Stats and averages aren't foolproof but they do often give some valuable insight.

RufusRex

Post Whore
My review:

Mary did some homework in the off season and developed a game play that suited our team .. This is evident by the strength at which we started the year. At the time there were many pointing at 2015 and the similarities of the start and projected end.

By the mid way point of the season, Mary's game plan was analysed, broken down and defeated. Every other coach in the NRL were able to do their job and tailor their plans to the strengths/weaknesses of their own team and the opposition. Mary kept throwing the bucket into the empty well.

As a result for the 3rd season in a row we won 4 games in the 2nd half of the year and crashed out of reckoning..

Old Timer

Coach
All the usual spin with a bit of bullshit thrown in and hardly a decent review of on field performance.

At least something meaningful can be interpreted from the stats I provided whereas as HO avoid anything that might throw light on how ordinary we were at any stage.

getsmarty

Immortal
All the usual spin with a bit of bullshit thrown in and hardly a decent review of on field performance.

At least something meaningful can be interpreted from the stats I provided whereas as HO avoid anything that might throw light on how ordinary we were at any stage.

Sure...but why start a New Thread???

Latest posts