What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

seanoff

Juniors
Apologies, I thought you were 3 hours behind. 3.30/4pm kick off WA/ 6.30/7pm Sydney. So I take that back.

The weather - well now you know what it's like for us. I don't think I've attended a game without rain this year. Probably only the Souths vs Manly game at the SFS.

Going up against AFL isn't ideal. Surely if and when Perth get a team, the AFL draw usually being out first, the NRL can adapt the Pirates draw for no conflict. Knowing the AFL though, they'll suddenly have a Sunday night AFL game every week in Perth.
The AFL tend to schedule the majority of the games on the west coast on Sunday arvo. 12 this yr between the two teams. It works as a time slot.

Like the warriors should play a lot on the early friday night.

WA would be perfect for that Saturday 9.30 slot.

NRL should be saying to Fox you can have your Friday NZ 6pm (EST) game, Super Saturday 3pm, 5pm, 7pm and 9pm (WA) and a Sunday 2pm arvo game. They can then mix the Friday 6pm for a Sunday night 7pm game on alternate weekends.

Channel can have their Friday night 7.30 game, Saturday 7.30pm game and Sunday 4pm arvo game.

All times are KICK OFF times.

Honestly I think the NRL is a sleeping giant when it comes to expansion. Put the money and resources there than watch the game explode. I'd suggest the best option for this is relocation. Atm there are too many sydney/nsw teams and I really think Sydney would benefit by having one less team in the area as well as the club relocating tapping into a new market. Worse comes to worse I can see a Perth team specifically having a sort've Melbourne Storm/Brisbane Lions relationship where they'll continue to have a core base of 12-15k always attending with several hikes in attendances throughout the year for blockbuster matches

El Diablo

Post Whore
Dockers playing at same time, sun sets just after 5pm and on a sht weather sunday like we got it meant the game finishing in cold dark conditions. Not the worse by any stretch but not the best either. If we ever get a team we will need to get used to that slot (though I'd suggest a 4pm KO is better) as that is our Tv value slot to add a 6pm east coast game time slot on a regular basis.
Like I said the time or the weather weren't the main factors in the drop off in attendance from the sell outs 21k we were getting, in nice weather it would have got around 15-16k which is still considerably less than a few years ago so what's changed that fans are giving up coming along? For me its the lack of commitment to expansion that's dulled my enthusiasm. Not sure what it is for the other 5-6k no shows.
first it's rain and now it's sun

how many more excuses can you come up with for an abysmal crowd?

Lethal3

Juniors
Honestly I think the NRL is a sleeping giant when it comes to expansion. Put the money and resources there than watch the game explode. I'd suggest the best option for this is relocation. Atm there are too many sydney/nsw teams and I really think Sydney would benefit by having one less team in the area as well as the club relocating tapping into a new market. Worse comes to worse I can see a Perth team specifically having a sort've Melbourne Storm/Brisbane Lions relationship where they'll continue to have a core base of 12-15k always attending with several hikes in attendances throughout the year for blockbuster matches
kek

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Dockers playing at same time, sun sets just after 5pm and on a sht weather sunday like we got it meant the game finishing in cold dark conditions. Not the worse by any stretch but not the best either. If we ever get a team we will need to get used to that slot (though I'd suggest a 4pm KO is better) as that is our Tv value slot to add a 6pm east coast game time slot on a regular basis.
Like I said the time or the weather weren't the main factors in the drop off in attendance from the sell outs 21k we were getting, in nice weather it would have got around 15-16k which is still considerably less than a few years ago so what's changed that fans are giving up coming along? For me its the lack of commitment to expansion that's dulled my enthusiasm. Not sure what it is for the other 5-6k no shows.
Hard luck with the sun and the rain and the cold and the dark.
This never happens in the eastern states.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hard luck with the sun and the rain and the cold and the dark.
This never happens in the eastern states.

Yep crowds are sht for NRL in most places and we can use a multitude of excuses but end of day it comes down to how popular or not the game is, used to be you could at least rely on Perth to draw a decent crowd but the NRL's malaise has even reached as far west as us now it would seem. Shame, great game that deserves more people watching it.

carcharias

Immortal
Haha
You could rely on Perth???
WTF

I'm sure if there was 1 or 2 games in NSW per year we'd get a pretty good roll up too.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Haha
You could rely on Perth???
WTF

I'm sure if there was 1 or 2 games in NSW per year we'd get a pretty good roll up too.

Haha you seriously comparing the crowds over 2 games in WA to Nsw? For a state that doesn't have a nrl team to get better crowds than a state that is there so called main sport?

Perth Red

Post Whore
In their naive attempt to wind me up they are missing the fact that the disappointing Perth and Hamilton crowds are just another indicator of how poorly the NRL is travelling. Any true RL fans should be concerned by this, not gloating in it. As I said dont blame the customer for not buying the product.

There's as many World Cup games in NSW as there is in Perth this year.

If Sydney doesn't destroy Perth in the crowd stakes then there's something seriously wrong.

carcharias

Immortal
Haha you seriously comparing the crowds over 2 games in WA to Nsw? For a state that doesn't have a nrl team to get better crowds than a state that is there so called main sport?

Yes
I'm seriously comparing fantasy crowd figures about fantasy rugby league town with a bloke who has this fantasy about a footy team there.

Wake up.

footy75

Bench
Be interesting to see the size of the crowd for the Storm v Roosters game in Adelaide.
A mate said some sections are sold out and it's not up against the two AFL teams.
Will be a cracker of a match, hopefully awesome crowd.

adamkungl

Immortal
Be interesting to see the size of the crowd for the Storm v Roosters game in Adelaide.
A mate said some sections are sold out and it's not up against the two AFL teams.
Will be a cracker of a match, hopefully awesome crowd.

Hopefully!
I'm going. All booked.

Adelaide > Homebush