What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Emu01

Juniors
I was agreeing with the posters sentiments on the match ups of teams in the semis.

Most games were a very difficult sell crowd wise.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
How is 29k a poor crowd? You wankers will never be happy no matter what the crowd is

The season structure is all about reaching the top 8. that being the case the Finals are the pinnacle of the season and should be attended as such. So a crowd thats well below capacity of a mid sized stadium is pretty poor. We drawn better against Wigan in the Wcc which is apparently meaningless to Aussies.

Tonight will confirm the roosters stereotype of 'no fan's in a lot of people's eyes

footy75

Bench
Let me tell you another thing the NRL does better than the AFL....

The Grand Final.

All the supporters of the competing teams have a chance to get tickets and see their team. Other die hard fans that just want to go to the Grand Final have a chance.

Unless you are a GOLD member of Richmond or Adelaide football club you have NO chance of getting a ticket to the AFL grand final. The AFL give the tickets to corporates,

The NRL entertainment is always better, it's played at night, better spectacle. The NRL always gets better acts. The AFL gets lame shit year after year. The NRL gets higher tv ratings because it's at night and better spectacle.

The NRL looks after the people for the Grand Final. The AFL looks after their pockets.

I'm not one of the AFL haters on here and I don't give a shit about the constant which game is better faggotry dialogue that goes on here because I go to both Grand Finals every year and I can tell you that the NRL do the Grand Final so much better and the contest itself is usually better,,, Something the AFL could learn from the NRL.

Both codes can learn from each other to try and improve shortcomings.

Stallion

First Grade
The season structure is all about reaching the top 8. that being the case the Finals are the pinnacle of the season and should be attended as such. So a crowd thats well below capacity of a mid sized stadium is pretty poor. We drawn better against Wigan in the Wcc which is apparently meaningless to Aussies.

Tonight will confirm the roosters stereotype of 'no fan's in a lot of people's eyes

The 'no fans' stereotype is ultimately a product of lazy and poorly targeted development work. When u dont sew the seeds u dont reap a harvest! I know for a fact that the Melbourne storm is making progress at junior development level in Victoria despite the difficulties faced by a hostile and ignorant media. The so called development people of Easts avoid the local grass roots or use excuses like 'computers' & leave it to other codes. They pilfer/spend on other areas where juniors exist. Very lazy.

T-Boon

Coach
On a positive, if 28k is the maximum amount of Roosters fans prepared to go to a game then the season average they dragged for regular season (15k) is pretty good. Compared to Parra who have at least 45K prepared to go but only a season average of 14k.

Stallion

First Grade
Let me tell you another thing the NRL does better than the AFL....

The Grand Final.

All the supporters of the competing teams have a chance to get tickets and see their team. Other die hard fans that just want to go to the Grand Final have a chance.

Unless you are a GOLD member of Richmond or Adelaide football club you have NO chance of getting a ticket to the AFL grand final. The AFL give the tickets to corporates,

The NRL entertainment is always better, it's played at night, better spectacle. The NRL always gets better acts. The AFL gets lame shit year after year. The NRL gets higher tv ratings because it's at night and better spectacle.

The NRL looks after the people for the Grand Final. The AFL looks after their pockets.

I'm not one of the AFL haters on here and I don't give a shit about the constant which game is better faggotry dialogue that goes on here because I go to both Grand Finals every year and I can tell you that the NRL do the Grand Final so much better and the contest itself is usually better,,, Something the AFL could learn from the NRL.

Both codes can learn from each other to try and improve shortcomings.

The AFL achieved much higher tv ratings than the NRL gf last year. The daytime (even twighlight)gf also allows younger kids to view and become familiar with the sport.

Stallion

First Grade
The marketing decisions of rugby league must be questioned. For instance Sydney/NSW people would have filled the SFS for a Kangaroos v England (Coached by Wayne Bennet) world cup match. But no someone hasnt read/felt the 'dormant' and real interest level for such a clash? Its ludicrous the mistakes these 'marketing' people are making. Not once did I receive a survey about the upcoming world cup and questions of 'What game would you attend if it was at the SFS?' No research just go on poorly based assertions. Im aware of poor attendances of recent years in Sydney but a resurgent England with many players in the NRL and the Wayne Bennet factor would have posted a 40000 plus crowd at the SFS. And a great experience for all attending and on tv.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
The marketing abd decisions of rugby league must be questioned. For instance Sydney/NSW people would have filled the SFS for a Kangaroos v England (Coched by Wayne Bennet) world cup match. But no someone hasnt read/felt the 'dormant' and real interest level for such a clash? Its ludicrous the mistakes these 'marketing' people are making. Not once did I receive a survey about the upcoming world cup and questions of 'What game would you attend if it was at the SFS?' No research just go on poorly based assertions. Im aware of poor attendances of recent years in Sydney but a resurgent England with many players in the NRL and the Wayne Bennet factor would have posted a 40000 plus crowd at the SFS. And a great experience for all attending and on tv.

Sydney haven't shown any interest in International League in a decade, they are lucky to get any games IMO.

Stallion

First Grade
Sydney haven't shown any interest in International League in a decade, they are lucky to get any games IMO.

For the reasons Ive mentioned it was feasible to have England v Australia at the SFS. Rugby league fans and neutrals would have happily attended. An opportunity lost.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
For the reasons Ive mentioned it was feasible to have England v Australia at rff he SFS. Rugby league fans and neutrals would have happily attended. An opportunity lost.

Why would any of those reasons not apply to any other venue in Australia.

For whatever reason Sydney haven't supported international League lately, use it or lose it for mine.

POPEYE

Coach
Roosters are accustomed to playing in front of a small Rent-a-Boo crowd, the noise must've been a shock to the system

Stallion

First Grade
The very valid reasons are there to capitalise on. 'Running away' doesn't do the code any favours. I would have attended England v Kangaroos in Sydney. And I'm sure if the marketing people did genuine research and tapped into the very real however dormant interest in rugby league internationally a correct choice of hosting England in Sydney would have happened.

Last edited:

Vee

First Grade
The very valid reasons are there to capitalise on. 'Running away' doesn't do the code any favours. I would have attended England v Kangaroos in Sydney. And I'm sure if the marketing people did genuine research and tapped into the very real however dormant interest in rugby league internationally a correct choice of hosting England in Sydney would have happened.
Pretty sure the WC games went to the highest bidder and the NSW govt weren't interested in paying.

Raiderdave

First Grade
The AFL achieved much higher tv ratings than the NRL gf last year. The daytime (even twighlight)gf also allows younger kids to view and become familiar with the sport.

for the first time in about 5 years
a 7pm kick off for a game that will finish before 9pm in the middle of school holidays

is not a problem.
so stop making it out it is.....