What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Stallion

First Grade
Or monster trucks, or cricket or not enough seats, or too many seats or too expensive chips or too weak beer or.......................

Or entry tickets are too expensive for a sport trying to gain international relevance during the Australian off season!?

Stallion

First Grade
So that includes Perth then?

When the code can attain competent administrators that understand what reasonable prices are and the way the Australian market works then poor crowds as seen for major games during this world cup are always going to happen. You will note that the only major game (semi final in NZ ) had lower ticket prices and was a resounding sellout and success for the code.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
When the code can attain competent administrators that understand what reasonable prices are and the way the Australian market works then poor crowds as seen for major games during this world cup are always going to happen. You will note that the only major game (semi final in NZ ) had lower ticket prices and was a resounding sellout and success for the code.

My post had nothing to do with any specific event or even the World Cup, I'm just making sure PR knows that his precious western outpost isn't immune to people not turning up.

Stallion

First Grade
My post had nothing to do with any specific event or even the World Cup, I'm just making sure PR knows that his precious western outpost isn't immune to people not turning up.

Yes. And Im letting him know that people are not immune to high ticket prices when attending a sport.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So that includes Perth then?

Like I said, Australian RL fans. Softcks when it comes to a bit of weather.
I was surprised at the perth kiwis not turning up at this years games, thought they’d be a bit more hardened to a bit of rain.

Stallion

First Grade
How much do you think an nrl game should cost, given the cost of running a club?

Given the attack of other codes and other forms of entertainment, I'd recommend $20 general entry and in the bigger stadiums a buy one get one deal. I am not privy to the NRL costings but Im sure a full house is better than the half or quarter full stadiums we have seen. More fans equals more interest and their is a positive flow on from that.
I have noticed that you think the price of a ticket does not impact on an attendance and the rivalries /traditions that exist amongst established Sydney clubs does not matter? Your thinking would destroy this great competition in one foul swoop if adopted!

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Given the attack of other codes and other forms of entertainment, I'd recommend $20 general entry and in the bigger stadiums a buy one get one deal. I am not privy to the NRL costings but Im sure a full house is better than the half or quarter full stadiums we have seen. More fans equals more interest and their is a positive flow on from that.

How much for premium seats?
Become a member and ga will often be a lot less than $20. Went to a Souths v sharks game at anz, entry $15, less than 8000 there. The fact it was a rainy Monday night was far more influential on the sht crowd than ticket prices.

Stallion

First Grade
How much for premium seats?
Become a member and ga will often be a lot less than $20.

None of the member bullshit. I'm talking a punter walking up to the gate. Pending on the number of premium seats? The more in number then the cheaper they should be. They should not be over $30 or perhaps a buy one get one free offer for a high number of premium seats. Remembering a premium seat is now competing with excellent tv coverage. If the prices are high then you don't get a big crowd and then the 'at the ground' experience isn't worth the money you paid for it. Pretty simple. But you would rather do price gouging and see the inevitable drop in attendance figures! Crazy thinking!

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
None if the member bullshit. I'm talking a punter walking up to the gate. Pendung on the number of premium seats? The more in number then the cheaper they should be. They should not be over $30 or perhaps a buy one get one free offer for a high number of premium seats. Remembering a premium seat is now competing with excellent tv coverage. If the prices are high then you don't get a big crowd and the at the ground experience isnt worth the money you paid for it. Pretty simple. But you would rather price gouging and see the inevitable drop in attendance figures! Crazy thinking!

What do you think that would do for the bottom line of clubs, especially clubs that don’t get paid to play at anz?

Why do you think other codes manage to charge $30-70 a ticket and get good crowds? Is it an nrl thing that fans are too cheaparse to support their clubs?

Stallion

First Grade
What do you think that

would do for the bottom line of clubs, especially clubs that don’t get paid to play at anz?

Why do you think other codes manage to charge $30-70 a ticket and get good crowds? Is it an nrl thing that fans are too cheaparse to support their clubs?
What do you think that would do for the bottom line of clubs, especially clubs that don’t get paid to play at anz?

Good crowds? I have not seen a decent walk up crowd since East Roosters played South Sydney in last round about 5 years ago. From memory a crowd approaching 60000 was achieved. This was unexpected and plenty of fans were walk ups on the Friday night.

Latest posts