What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Elim Final, Sun - Sharks 14-15* Cowboys @ Allianz

Finals Week 1: Sharks v Cowboys

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

President Trump

Juniors
I hope Ashley Klein made a shit load from TAB Sportsbet on today's result - it surely isn't humanly possible to referee that atrociously whilst attempting to do a proper job.

Vee

First Grade
No wonder sharks players don't have the mental capacity to get over the inevitable minor setbacks that occur in the game when the coach writes a list to dwell on after each game. What a pathetic loser.
It's the NSW refusal to accept responsibility for their own f*ckups.

St.Merge supporters should be embarresesed to even show their faces on these forums after the year they've had.

Seriously taking delight in a ref butchering a game shows how demoralising a year they've had.

GongPanther

Referee
I think the biggest problem for the Cowboys will be fatigue. They just played a very tough 90 minute game. They have to travel back to Townsville, then back down to Sydney and have one day less recovery than the Eels.
It's not like the Cows are flapping their arms to and from Townsville. :)

And congrats to the FNQ's....a season against the odds.

Knightmare

Coach
There have been some gob- smackingly bad referee and bunker decisions not just in this finals series, but all year long- as any Knights fan will tell you.

I'm relieved not to have to watch my team be on the receiving end of some of the f**k-arounds that have taken place this weekend. Flanno is correct that such inconsistency and bias in match officiating turns people away from the game. Why leave a whole day/ weekend clear and fork out $ to go watch your team when there's a good chance they'll get dicked by decisions that have no consistency or logic behind them?

The NRL has the teams left that it wants in it's Insert Sponsor Proudly Presents The 2017 NRL Narrative:

Captain Cleanskins' team who the commentators gush over like adolescent girls at a Beiber concert
The redemption story from Parramatta
The Friday Night Product Placement Insert KFC Refs Call In Prime Time To Millions Of Qlders Broncos
The brave and heroic Cowboys
Nick Politis' Roo$ter$
Penrith (but they and Manly were interchangeable- Broncos need to play SOMEBODY on Friday night because if the NRL just declared Brisbane the winners it'd be too obvious. Even then, you'd have people in Qld claiming the NswRL had conspired to ensure the Broncos were underdone in preparation for the following weeks' game against Captain Cleanskin's team because the NswRL wanted to get back at Qlders for Origin...)

There were some totally WTF calls in this game- but the Sharks have nobody except themselves to blame. They've been patchy most of the year and again, dumb plays and selfish plays cost them when all they had to do was complete sets, be disciplined in defence and allow attrition to ride them home over NQ. This Sharks team is gritty in defence and they can grind...but f**k me they can play some dumb football, as exhibited again today.

Flanno needs to take a look around the dressing room and take a look in the mirror before he blames the refs in a press conference. We know they're shit, Flanno- but just like the Origin team populated by a number of your players- if they stuck to what worked for them and didn't revert to doing dumb shit when the game was there for the taking, the incompetence of the mugs with the whistles and in the bunker would be nothing more than a speed-hump on the way to victory for your team...

No texers of support from me, mate.

Rabbits20

Immortal
St.Merge supporters should be embarresesed to even show their faces on these forums after the year they've had.

Seriously taking delight in a ref butchering a game shows how demoralising a year they've had.
Well isn't it great how after that shocking call on Winterstein who clearly grounded the ball in the in goal that the Cows didn't get phased by it too much.

Plus after Leutele dropped it cold on tackle 5 on his own 20m line and they got a piggyback penalty for Bird to then score and they Cows still didn't cave in.....

Sharks were lying all over the Cows and trying to do a Storm on he Cows.

Yes a couple of calls went against Cronulla but hey didn't react to them well and they lost as they weren't hungry enough.

Gallen dropped that cold when he all he had to do was play it and Maloney knocks it over.

Plus the endless amounts of errors the Sharks gave and finally grub Maloney was binned. Many many times he should've been binned ear,ier kn the season too....

At the end of it all the the team that was that bit better deservedly won....

Rabbits20

Immortal
There have been some gob- smackingly bad referee and bunker decisions not just in this finals series, but all year long- as any Knights fan will tell you.

I'm relieved not to have to watch my team be on the receiving end of some of the f**k-arounds that have taken place this weekend. Flanno is correct that such inconsistency and bias in match officiating turns people away from the game. Why leave a whole day/ weekend clear and fork out $ to go watch your team when there's a good chance they'll get dicked by decisions that have no consistency or logic behind them?

The NRL has the teams left that I wants in its' 2017 Narrative (Brought to you by Insert Sponsor Here):

Captain Cleanskins' team who the commentators gush over like adolescent girls at a Beiber concert
The redemption story from Parramatta
The Friday Night Product Placement Insert KFC Refs Call In Prime Time To Millions Of Qlders Broncos
The brave and heroic Cowboys
Nick Politis' Roo$ter$
Penrith (but they and Manly were interchangeable- Broncos need to play SOMEBODY on Friday night because if the NRL just declared Brisbane the winners it'd be too obvious. Even then, you'd have people in Qld claiming the NswRL had conspired to ensure the Broncos were underdone in preparation for the following weeks' game against Captain Cleanskin's team because the NswRL wanted to get back at Qlders for Origin...)

There were some totally WTF calls in this game- but the Sharks have nobody except themselves to blame. They've been patchy most of the year and again, dumb plays and selfish plays cost them when all they had to do was complete sets, be disciplined in defence and allow attrition to ride them home over NQ. This Sharks team is gritty in defence and they can grind...but f**k me they can play some dumb football, as exhibited again today.

Flanno needs to take a look around the dressing room and take a look in the mirror before he blames the refs in a press conference. We know they're shit, Flanno- but just like the Origin team populated by a number of your players- if they stuck to what worked for them and didn't revert to doing dumb shit when the game was there for the taking, the incompetence of the mugs with the whistles and in the bunker would be nothing more than a speed-hump on the way to victory for your team...

No texers of support from me, mate.
Don't start on Politis......

That's common sense stuff.....

GongPanther

Referee
Yes you're correct my bad!
I think the commentator's make things worse with the ref controversy .

When it comes to game commentary,I have selective hearing.Unfortunately,it comes back into range when something controversial happens,and you have to hear what has happened.

Then the selective hearing has to kick in again.