What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Free Agency

shiznit

Coach
Reggie Mckenzie so far in free agency...

images

zombie jesus

Staff member
The Bengals strategy is somewhat puzzling. That o-line is gonna be poo and their CB depth chart is getting cloggy. Good stuff.

shiznit

Coach
Apart from doing the Texans a solid by taking Osweiler off there books for a 2nd rounder...

I actually really like what the Browns are doing... building that O-Line.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Apart from doing the Texans a solid by taking Osweiler off there books for a 2nd rounder...

I actually really like what the Browns are doing... building that O-Line.

Pretty much they just paid that money for another 2 round pick. That O-Line is looking good now. Which should put whatever QB they get for real in a good position to succeed.

Dogs Of War

Coach
The Bengals strategy is somewhat puzzling. That o-line is gonna be poo and their CB depth chart is getting cloggy. Good stuff.

It has never changed since I have supported them. Be a bad as we can be in free agency. Only resign those that don't cost much, unless they are like AJ Green and will sell jerseys. Really it will take Mike Brown passing away for anything to change. You have watched those Bengals hard knocks seasons haven't you? We have been succeeding lately in spite of Mike Brown.

zombie jesus

Staff member
It has never changed since I have supported them. Be a bad as we can be in free agency. Only resign those that don't cost much, unless they are like AJ Green and will sell jerseys. Really it will take Mike Brown passing away for anything to change. You have watched those Bengals hard knocks seasons haven't you? We have been succeeding lately in spite of Mike Brown.

Yep, same as it ever was.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Happy enough with what the 9ers have done. 12-13 signings, not top tier but guys with experience who know the systems and will help the young guys develop.

Building a solid foundation. Need to nail the draft though.

nick87

Coach
Wrote this for another site and thought i'd copy and paste it here

Free Agency Thoughts

Ill look at them from both a money and player/fit stand point. Just quick hitters

Tony Jefferson > BAL
Really, REALLY like the player. Think he's one of the best strong safeties in the league. Really good fit in the Ravens defence next to Eric Weddle.
36mil/4years/14mil gtd is a good deal for a player like him i think. His best football is in front of him and the fact he is so versatile leads me to believe he'll produce at the same high level.

Brandon Williams back to > BAL
Really good NT who eats up blocks and stuff the run as good as any. Its a lot of money. A LOT. 54m/5years/27.5gtd, that the most expensive NT in the game by a decent margin, they've over-paid for one of their own at least they know how to use him.

Osweiler Trade
THANK YOU BROWNS! God bless you for finally doing what bad NFL teams should have been doing for years. Yes, SELL YOUR CAP SPACE FOR DRAFT PICKS! What a concept! Love this for everyone. The texans get off the Oswieler shit show and free themselves up to get a QB who can win for them. The Browns spend cap space that will be immediately available next season AND you get a good draft pick. Perfect, you go NFL! You go. And yes, the Browns should cut him tomorrow if they cant move him

Alshon Jeffery > Eagles
Love it. He's exactly what the eagles need and what Wentz needs. A big body who can win one on one and make tough contested catches. There is red flags with him. Injury history, PEDs etc, but thats why he got a 1 year-14mil deal. He's betting on himself and should he have a good year and want to cash in, the eagles will be in a MUCH better position next year to do it and why would he leave? We could franchise him too. Love it, all reward, no risk.

Russell Okung > Chargers
I like Okung but he struggles to say healthy, if the stays healthy it will be a pretty good upgrade for the Chargers. Why the f**k they gave is him 53mil/4years/25mil gtd is f**king beyond me. 25mil gtd for a guy like Okung? Please.

AJ Bouye > Jags
A lot of money for Bouye, but i think he'll be one of those rare corners who works out for the team. I like him a lot, him and Ramsey is an awesome tandem at corner. This jags team might FINALLY be a team in 2017.

Stefon Gilmore > Patriots
Very unpatriots like to spend this kind of money but i like it. I think Gilmore is immensely talented and now will get the best coaching in the game. He'll be a f**king superstar. And he'd better for 40mil gtd! PAID! This puts the pats in an interesting position with Malcolm Butler, who i now expect to get traded.

Joel Bitonio, JC Tretter Kevin Zeitler > Browns
THIS is how you build a team. Collect picks and build up the OL. Good stuff. They paid for the pleasure on both, but this is a team has plenty of cap space and they'll just front load the deals and spread the money over the period of the deal. Delicious stuff. Get it, Browns!

DeSean Jackson > Bucs
He's a one trick pony but he just happens to have a trick that no one else can do as good as him. The best deep threat in the game. This is a good move for the Bucs, he can manufacture a deep passsing game on his own and what it does for Mike Evans is incredible. 35mil/3yrs/20gtd is a big deal and a solid commitment. He's probably going to be there for the length of that deal. This is a good move for them

Matt Kalil > Panthers
Yes they needed OL help and i dont mind kicking the tyres on Kalil, but why the f**k would you give this guy 55mil/5years/27mil? This is a horrible deal. Horrible. If it works out for them fine, but it's just pot luck if it does. This should be a 2-3 year 12mil/3mil gtd type deal. incredible stuff

Malcolm Smith > 49ers
No idea who they were bidding against. Aside from his SB MVP which he in now way deserved. This is FA at its finest, only in FA can Smith get 24mil with 13 gtd. Good greif. At least they've got money to burn so it doesnt really matter

Calasis Campbell > Jags
Great player and will do wonders for the franchise, this more than any other might be the one signing i think could move the needle the most. Not only does he fit a need, he's the type of person that can change a culture. Its 60 mil/5 years/30 gtd and almost all the gtd money in year 1 and 2, which is perfect, if he's only in it for retirement money, you move on. Otherwise you're good.

Mike Glennon > Bears
GM Pace, HC Fox, it's been nice knowing you fine gentleman. Unless the rookie QB you draft this year comes in and starts and looks good, your cooked in CHI-town. Glennon getting 15 mil a year is simply outrageous.

Robert Woods > LA Rams
HOLY f**kING GOD. WHAT THE f**k IS GOING ON HERE. Robert f**king Woods? 5 years? THIRTY NINE MILLION? and 15 gtd? Jesus f**king christ. Jared Goff doesnt stand a f**king chance with these goobers in charge. He's throwing to Woods and Austin. Give me a f**king break.

Torrey Smith > Eagles
Look at that Woods deal, look at what Britt got... for the Eagles to get a similar player who is actually probably better for 3 years/15mil and only 500k gtd is pretty amazing. Stunningly good deal. Type of contract i love, you cant under perform this deal and if you some how do, they cut you for absolutely chicken feed. If you produce the team has a amazingly good deal. Best deal of the day IMHO

Chance Warmack > Eagles
Another great deal. Its a one year, 1.5 million dollar deal with 500k gtd... basically a vet minimum deal, he was considered one of the best guard prospects to come out in years, played OK but not up to his draft billing with the titans and got cut. Now he's at philly who happen to have the same OL coach he had in college, again either he pans out and they have a great deal, or it doesnt and they've lost nothing. Good deal.

Kenny Britt > Browns
Come on Browns! Today has been a good day, why you gotta go and try to ruin it all. 4 years, 32 mil... for what? What's Kenny Britt going to do for you? He isnt reliable at all, should have just given that money to Pryor and been done with it. Hate this deal

Andrew Whitworth > LA Rams
Like this deal, they needed line help to keep Goff upright and got themselves a nice bandaid solution. They'll owe him almost nothing after year one so if he doesnt work out, it's fine and if he does, they keep him year to year without any financial risk. Good deal.

Brandon Marshall > Giants
Good deal for both. Marshall goes to a contender with a settled QB situation, he's going to play second fiddle to OBJ, and has Sterling Sheperd there too. And the money is perfectly reasonable. This absolutely makes the Giants better and should help them

shiznit

Coach
Joel Bitonio, JC Tretter Kevin Zeitler > Browns
THIS is how you build a team. Collect picks and build up the OL. Good stuff. They paid for the pleasure on both, but this is a team has plenty of cap space and they'll just front load the deals and spread the money over the period of the deal. Delicious stuff. Get it, Browns!

Yup... absolutely love what the Browns are doing... now the scouting department needs to hit the mark.

shiznit

Coach
i know it's not actual free agent news.. but interesting to hear that Mike Mayock is being lined up to be the Redskins GM.

If he does get the job... It probably makes draft night even more interesting...