What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Free Agency

Collateral

Coach
Surprised but not surprised that Revis is still a FA.

He pretty much cannot play corner anymore and has admitted as much, but would be open to a move to Safety.

Now, as a Bucs fan, I would have mixed feelings over recruiting Revis (again). He is an absolute mercenary in terms of his contracts...he wants Money first and second.

His talent (although declining) is undeniable, however, you have to wonder where his head is at and what influence his 'money first' attitude would have on his team mates, especially the young players whose rookie deals are coming to an end.

At the end of the day, I would be happy if the Bucs were to give him a 1 year 'prove it' deal at Safety because it is a big need for us...but I would want the management to have extensive interviews with him first to determine whether he would be a good personality fit.

What about you guys?

zombie jesus

Staff member
Surprised but not surprised that Revis is still a FA.

He pretty much cannot play corner anymore and has admitted as much, but would be open to a move to Safety.

Now, as a Bucs fan, I would have mixed feelings over recruiting Revis (again). He is an absolute mercenary in terms of his contracts...he wants Money first and second.

His talent (although declining) is undeniable, however, you have to wonder where his head is at and what influence his 'money first' attitude would have on his team mates, especially the young players whose rookie deals are coming to an end.

At the end of the day, I would be happy if the Bucs were to give him a 1 year 'prove it' deal at Safety because it is a big need for us...but I would want the management to have extensive interviews with him first to determine whether he would be a good personality fit.

What about you guys?

I'd love him at the vet minimum or close to it and he can compete in camp with the rest of them.

Collateral

Coach
I'd love him at the vet minimum or close to it and he can compete in camp with the rest of them.

He's expressed interest in PIT too, I guess because he went to college there..I doubt he would take a minimum anything though, otherwise I think he would have been snapped up by now.