What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 = Gap Year

emack

Juniors
..............we all knew that it was coming as soon as they announced McF&*^wit would be coaching again this season. Can someone please wake me when the Board (aka Doust) extracts his head from his arse and makes the decision we all know should have been made at the end of the 2016 season. Looks like I'll be following ladies volleyball this year.

Slackboy72

Coach
fWx327.gif

Glenn01

Juniors
..............we all knew that it was coming as soon as they announced McF&*^wit would be coaching again this season. Can someone please wake me when the Board (aka Doust) extracts his head from his arse and makes the decision we all know should have been made at the end of the 2016 season. Looks like I'll be following ladies volleyball this year.
Ladies volleyball is excellent! I like the shorts they wear very much.

So good.

Straight Shooter

Prometheus

Juniors
Considering that Wayne Bennett is the only coach the joint-venture has ever had who didn't have the fans constantly calling for his head on a platter, I'd be surprised if any quality coaching talent would even agree to come to our club. When approached by the club, they probably all take a look at the fanbase and say "f**k that! I'm not dealing with them." Who wants to coach a team where the fans hold up signs calling for your sacking every week? Who wants to coach a club where the fans make up their mind whether you're a success before you even start?

BennyV

Referee
Considering that Wayne Bennett is the only coach the joint-venture has ever had who didn't have the fans constantly calling for his head on a platter, I'd be surprised if any quality coaching talent would even agree to come to our club. When approached by the club, they probably all take a look at the fanbase and say "f**k that! I'm not dealing with them." Who wants to coach a team where the fans hold up signs calling for your sacking every week? Who wants to coach a club where the fans make up their mind whether you're a success before you even start?
Thanks Mary! You're right, it's the fans fault our club is going to shit, us and our stupid expectations...

Dragon for life

Juniors
Only holding up signs when warranted!! If your happy to leave Mcgregor in charge start a new post "Mcgregor is our saviour, stand by him and he will show us the light".

As far as I can tell (from teams performance) he has no clue how to coach. We have a half decent team and should be playing a better style of football

Prometheus

Juniors
Thanks Mary!

Damn, you caught me out!!! :rolleyes:

Only holding up signs when warranted!! If your happy to leave Mcgregor in charge start a new post "Mcgregor is our saviour, stand by him and he will show us the light".

Are you honestly going to pretend that people weren't just as critical of David Waite, Andrew Farrer, Nathan Brown and Steve Price? People on here were baying for McGregor's blood before he was even appointed to the job. I can't imagine that is likely to help us recruit a good coach to replace him. "Come coach the Dragons! Just make sure you bring a team of bodyguards and a PR consultant."

possm

Coach
Because Mary was never qualified to coach the Dragons. He had failed with the Cutters and failed as the assistant coach in charge of attack under Price.

Dragon for life

Juniors

Are you honestly going to pretend that people weren't just as critical of David Waite, Andrew Farrer, Nathan Brown and Steve Price? People on here were baying for McGregor's blood before he was even appointed to the job. I can't imagine that is likely to help us recruit a good coach to replace him. "Come coach the Dragons! Just make sure you bring a team of bodyguards and a PR consultant."
Baying for McGregors blood certainly ended up being a correct decision didn't it.
At the end of the day it's all about performance. Don't perform and you don't have a job, unless your coaching saints. This happens in every major sporting franchise.
Maybe we are just too passionate about our footy team.

possm

Coach
No it's wrong decisions made by a clueless Board who, along with the coach, need to go.

Prometheus

Juniors
My point is, we aren't exactly making our club an inviting prospect for any good coaches out there looking for a new job.

to_ddeath

Coach

The reason why is because we fail to learn our lesson from hiring boys club internals... Farrar/Brown/Price all the same stock...McGregor should have never got a 3 year gig, any rookie out there does not deserve the same terms as our last premiership winning coach.
Your point about other coaches being put off, if the offer was right then I doubt anyone outside of the club would give 2 hoots about it especially if they were calling all the shots.

T.

possm

Coach
My point is, we aren't exactly making our club an inviting prospect for any good coaches out there looking for a new job.
Not WE, Club management make our once great club look like a basket case. I mean why let JD go and give Mary even more time to prove how useless he is. One year for JD and if he went well keep it going.

dragons girl

Juniors
Agree 2017 will be a long year and painful to watch.We all know how useless Mary is.With his job on the line,he will refuse to make any changes,or drop under performing players.With 2017 looking like a lost year,give Jai Field ago.Shake things up Mary what have you got to lose your job?That ship has hopefully sailed with you and the board and numerous players on it.

Latest posts