What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
War brewing
With Origin about to kick off, beer wars will get interesting for NSW. We hear long-time sponsor VB are on the way out with Tooheys New about to do a lucrative new deal to become the Blues beer for 2018.

Tooheys was one of the first sponsors of the Blues with Tooheys Blue (1991 series). It is understood Tooheys will not take naming rights and branding will not be on the front of the NSW team jersey. Tooheys will be on the shorts and also on the coaches' collars.

Insiders say Tooheys are delighted to be back as the official beer of the Blues. It is rumoured to be a multi-year deal.

We rang Lion Nathan for a comment and a spokesperson said: "We won't speculate on rumours, but we're proud of Tooheys' heritage and any sponsorships we do enter into are in line with our strict standards on responsible marketing."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...story-for-league-meninga-20170520-gw9f1x.html
now can we please change the jersey to something more traditional

Big Salad

Juniors
Warriors v Broncos this week... might see an appearance of the Broncos mint green jersey then as they've worn the Auckland 9's jerseys for this game the past few years.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Warriors v Broncos this week... might see an appearance of the Broncos mint green jersey then as they've worn the Auckland 9's jerseys for this game the past few years.
I'm hoping they wear the diamonds myself

Rooster8

Juniors
Anyone catch the Raiders instragram story today? Looks like a new Ricky Stuart foundation jersey being released this week.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Looks like a new Ricky Stuart foundation jersey being released this week.
View attachment 13371

Thats REALLY well done.

Annoying that it is like their 10th jumper this year, but it would be a good alternative in years ahead.

(I still find it funny that, because green is SO underused in this comp, the raiders can use literally any shade and still be recognisable. Meanwhile, 13 of the team currently or have previously used some variation of blue.....)

GAZF

First Grade
Thats REALLY well done.

Annoying that it is like their 10th jumper this year, but it would be a good alternative in years ahead.

(I still find it funny that, because green is SO underused in this comp, the raiders can use literally any shade and still be recognisable. Meanwhile, 13 of the team currently or have previously used some variation of blue.....)
I'm working on a dark green alternate jersey at the moment for the same reason. We looked pretty good in the indigenous jersey the other week, didn't play well though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Six in 12 rounds. Seventh is Auckland Nines.

But the point remains. Excessive

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I saw these in Best n Less. They're kids cotton jerseys but I'm a huge sucker from hoops.

I'd love to see the Eels play in something like this. And such a simple design for the Tigers...but it's very classy.

I like the GC colours in this one. Much bolder for surf and sand.

http://www.bestandless.com.au/Sports-Fan-Gear/NRL/Gold-Coast-Titans/Baby/Tees-&-Tops/INFANT-NRL-RUGBY-TOP/p/388852

View attachment 13366View attachment 13367

These are great...

Parra have such a recognisable colour combo (as long as they arent messing with the shades like they did back in 2010) but they seen to struggle for a core design. The 4 stripes are a good/unique look, but it's rarely done well.

Id like to this kind of hoop jersey, but with to gold actually a cluster of 4 thin hoops (similar to Manlys current strip, but with the 2nd colour more prominent) to bring the 2 designs together.

LineBall

Juniors
I'm working on a dark green alternate jersey at the moment for the same reason. We looked pretty good in the indigenous jersey the other week, didn't play well though.

GAZF - I'd love to see the 2nd Brisbane team Use Dark Green as their primary colour. Green and white stripes similar to Celtic in the Soccer, or the NY Jets in NFL. I wish they would tap into the Brothers club network throughout Queensland and make them Brisbane Brothers. Keep the Butcher's stripe, but have it as Green and white rather than the Blue and White.

cooko

Juniors
Better look at the Raiders Autism jersey. Be interesting to see what the Roosters wear, most likely their home jersey.

1495580142691.jpg

gzerounian

Juniors
Better look at the Raiders Autism jersey. Be interesting to see what the Roosters wear, most likely their home jersey.

1495580142691.jpg
I really like the green and don't mind the look of the jersey at all. The colour has a kids feel to it which is appropriate to this worthwhile cause. Its a simple design (like the old manly Pepsi jersey) yet very effective and classy and will look very smart on field. Matching green shorts and socks would look amazing

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
GAZF - I'd love to see the 2nd Brisbane team Use Dark Green as their primary colour. Green and white stripes similar to Celtic in the Soccer, or the NY Jets in NFL. I wish they would tap into the Brothers club network throughout Queensland and make them Brisbane Brothers. Keep the Butcher's stripe, but have it as Green and white rather than the Blue and White.

The Brothers bid have already stated they will be calling themselves Brothers Leprechauns, avoiding the geographic name in a similar style to StGeorge.

Personally, i think its a great approach. They are representing an institution/idea instead of some arbitrary geographic boarders.

(But i agree on the jersey. If the Brothers are allowed in, they should NOT be allowed to use blue!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.