What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommy

Coach
England rugby league World Cup shirt
No idea why it needs the competition badge twice.
Kind of disappointed they didn't try a new design out and go for something a bit more classic.
I am glad they removed the huge England rugby league lettering from next to the badge as they had it against Samoa.

Attachments

• IMG_5003.PNG
    IMG_5003.PNG
    567.7 KB · Views: 34

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
There's no hard and fast rules imo. Not every team can be so iconic to pull off having a logo with no wordmark.

A simple bit of logic pulls that argument apart pretty quickly...

Either a fan will recognise a logo or they wont:
- If they recognise the logo, they dont need a big cartoon name drawn threw the middle.
- If they dont, then a big cartoon name threw the logo just means they know the name for the team they have never heard of before. It doesnt mean they will remember it next time (and i would even argue it hurts their recall; the human brain is designed to remember faces easily, words through the middle of the logo just confuse that)

Names and locations were done well in the NSWRLs foundation teams, when they had them in a basic print around the edges. But having "Titans" or "Roosters" written through the middle of the image only does damage to the brands recognition...

GAZF

First Grade
A simple bit of logic pulls that argument apart pretty quickly...

Either a fan will recognise a logo or they wont:
- If they recognise the logo, they dont need a big cartoon name drawn threw the middle.
- If they dont, then a big cartoon name threw the logo just means they know the name for the team they have never heard of before. It doesnt mean they will remember it next time (and i would even argue it hurts their recall; the human brain is designed to remember faces easily, words through the middle of the logo just confuse that)

Names and locations were done well in the NSWRLs foundation teams, when they had them in a basic print around the edges. But having "Titans" or "Roosters" written through the middle of the image only does damage to the brands recognition...
Apply that simple logic to any brand - only a few iconic ones like McDonalds, Nike and Apple can get away without some sort of wording in their logo. I do a lot of searching for sponsor logos when I work on designs, and it shits me when they lack a wordmark to base a search on. Remembering a brand is one thing but making it accessible is another.

386207_be61f8ba929aa494351fc6aa5e808e32.jpg

Lambretta

First Grade
Here's what I meant, they did use retro badges.
s-l1000.jpg

I really wanted to buy one of these, but even the small size is designed to fit some 6 ft 10 inches tall weighing in at 115 kilos

Who does their f**king sizes?

I am 5 ft 7 short (I can't use the word tall) and am "normal" weight for my height so naturally I look to buy the smallest sizes possible. In jerseys, because they're designed to fit tight a small is about right. OK, so its a bit long, but only an inch or two - I can live with that

But hoodies for Australians are designed for people averaging 6 ft tall plus, regardless of size
When I tried on these hoodies, they came down to my knees. I looked like a f**king 5 year old wearing his dads clothes.

The bottom of a hoodie is supposed to sit on or around your belt line. That's why the bottom part is elastic - as you don't tuck it into your trousers, you don't want the wind blowing up your back. They don't need to come down below your f**king backside.

Every single hoodie I have tried on in Oz seems to be designed the same way. I bought my fave hoodies in the UK and they fit perfectly. But these ^^^^^ f**kers above are by far the worst offenders of any hoodie I have ever tried.

Wankers.

I really wanted to buy one of these, but even the small size is designed to fit some 6 ft 10 inches tall weighing in at 115 kilos

Who does their f**king sizes?

I am 5 ft 7 short (I can't use the word tall) and am "normal" weight for my height so naturally I look to buy the smallest sizes possible. In jerseys, because they're designed to fit tight a small is about right. OK, so its a bit long, but only an inch or two - I can live with that

But hoodies for Australians are designed for people averaging 6 ft tall plus, regardless of size
When I tried on these hoodies, they came down to my knees. I looked like a f**king 5 year old wearing his dads clothes.

The bottom of a hoodie is supposed to sit on or around your belt line. That's why the bottom part is elastic - as you don't tuck it into your trousers, you don't want the wind blowing up your back. They don't need to come down below your f**king backside.

Every single hoodie I have tried on in Oz seems to be designed the same way. I bought my fave hoodies in the UK and they fit perfectly. But these ^^^^^ f**kers above are by far the worst offenders of any hoodie I have ever tried.

Wankers.

That's what you get when they're outsourced to a factory in China, although can't be hard for someone to ensure that the sizes are correct before they go on sale??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts