What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Riff

Bench
[QUOTE="Timmah, post: 12344550, member: 5304
No shit lol[/QUOTE]
Well, smartarse, if you're going to post it as the alternative jersey, at least put it in context.

upload_2017-7-21_17-34-38.png

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Alternate jersey
alternate_ladies.jpg

Should have kept the Green-Yellow-Red strips (at least on the sleeve if not the chest)...

It might have clashed a bit with the pink, but if the Panthers want to establish some consistent branding they cant just drop their core piece whenever they feel like it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
[QUOTE="Timmah, post: 12344550, member: 5304
No shit lol
Well, smartarse, if you're going to post it as the alternative jersey, at least put it in context.

View attachment 14449[/QUOTE]
I tweeted the first image I found of it, it's not like the Panthers did much (if any) PR around it earlier in the week.

Would be helpful if you learned how to quote a tweet too, your post looks like a clusterf**k :shrug:

Blues Riff

Bench
We don't need PR for this jersey. We own the PINK. The jerseys have always sold well. Have a look at the crowd tomorrow. A few years of PINK saturation have done the job. Now once a year is enough.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
We don't need PR for this jersey. We own the PINK. The jerseys have always sold well. Have a look at the crowd tomorrow. A few years of PINK saturation have done the job. Now once a year is enough.

I maintain that Black-White-Pink would be a great brand for the Panthers to go with prominently...

As you say, you own the pink. So exploit it.

I keep hearing people say "pink cant be a football teams colours", but i always find that the best brands come from other teams insults. NSW Cockroaches, QLD Canetoads are the 2 most loved teams in the country and my favourite ever is still the NZ All Golds.

The Pink Panthers might not have began as an insult, but im sure it will garner a good few slurs which is perfect. It would develop an "Us & Them" mentality and the Panthers fans would become super defencive and loyal to the brand.

Basically the exact kind of branding a team should want...

Blues Riff

Bench
I maintain that Black-White-Pink would be a great brand for the Panthers to go with prominently...

As you say, you own the pink. So exploit it.

I keep hearing people say "pink cant be a football teams colours", but i always find that the best brands come from other teams insults. NSW Cockroaches, QLD Canetoads are the 2 most loved teams in the country and my favourite ever is still the NZ All Golds.

The Pink Panthers might not have began as an insult, but im sure it will garner a good few slurs which is perfect. It would develop an "Us & Them" mentality and the Panthers fans would become super defencive and loyal to the brand.

Basically the exact kind of branding a team should want...
Like I said Doc, once a year's enough now. Job's done.

kdalymc

Bench
So apart from the odd pink socks, and a team using their alternate jersey, is the nrl doing anything this week for WIL?

Titans heritage looks good.... but it's a shame they never wore it... other then seagulls.... I guess the bears arent buying into Gold Coast then.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
MnmXxY7.png

FFS, so the have basically dropped yellow (a relatively unique colour in the NRL, only 5 team use/have used it) and are just going with the blue instead (used by 12 of the 15 other teams)....

Maybe the marketing geniuses on the GC have decided, rather than looking like a shitty knock off of Parra, the Titans need to look like a shitty knock off of the NSW Blues (an interesting approach given they are trying to appeal to a QLD market and are often accused of actually being a Northern NSW team).

What they should be doing (since totally changing their colour every few years is apparently fine anyway) is changing the yellow to a metallic gold and focussing their branding around that:

20229330_1387688551284948_5221736970357986165_n.jpg

GOLD coast, get it? It would be utterly unique in the comp and they could f*ck around with whatever shades of white/grey/blue they like.

Better than looking like a shitty version of the NSW state team.....

mistertaylor

Juniors
New Titans strip is a step in the right direction towards a "2 blue" permanent colour scheme that I've suggested on this forum previously. Well done.

mistertaylor

Juniors
Maybe the marketing geniuses on the GC have decided, rather than looking like a shitty knock off of Parra, the Titans need to look like a shitty knock off of the NSW Blues (an interesting approach given they are trying to appeal to a QLD market and are often accused of actually being a Northern NSW team)

Flawed reasoning when you consider that Manly wear maroon. Also, the Cowboys have no maroon in their strip. Explain to me why should teams have to incorporate state colours into their playing strips?

GAZF

First Grade
MnmXxY7.png

FFS, so the have basically dropped yellow (a relatively unique colour in the NRL, only 5 team use/have used it) and are just going with the blue instead (used by 12 of the 15 other teams)....

Maybe the marketing geniuses on the GC have decided, rather than looking like a shitty knock off of Parra, the Titans need to look like a shitty knock off of the NSW Blues (an interesting approach given they are trying to appeal to a QLD market and are often accused of actually being a Northern NSW team).

What they should be doing (since totally changing their colour every few years is apparently fine anyway) is changing the yellow to a metallic gold and focussing their branding around that:

GOLD coast, get it? It would be utterly unique in the comp and they could f*ck around with whatever shades of white/grey/blue they like.

They could have done with a bit more gold but I just don't agree with 90% of what you post in this thread.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
MnmXxY7.png

Maybe they've been asked to move away from yellow by the NRL given its the main refs jersey colour? Just a theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts