What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Doc

Coach
I like the swords forming a vee. I also would like more yellow (sand, surf, sky) but can live with those jerseys.

As for that metallic gold jersey :nauseated_face:

hellteam

First Grade
Another chevron for chevron's sake.... there's enough teams with them already. Just feels lazy. Especially for a team with no history behind it.

Is the blue in the away jersey lighter? Can't tell if it is or just an illusion against the white jersey.

GAZF

First Grade
Another chevron for chevron's sake.... there's enough teams with them already. Just feels lazy. Especially for a team with no history behind it.

Is the blue in the away jersey lighter? Can't tell if it is or just an illusion against the white jersey.
I don't mind the Titans with a V. Its another point of differentiation from the other Qld teams. Just wish they'd pick and stick with something (preferably without piping, panels or the logo sublimated on the body).

toomuchsoup

Juniors
MnmXxY7.png

FFS, so the have basically dropped yellow (a relatively unique colour in the NRL, only 5 team use/have used it) and are just going with the blue instead (used by 12 of the 15 other teams)....

Maybe the marketing geniuses on the GC have decided, rather than looking like a shitty knock off of Parra, the Titans need to look like a shitty knock off of the NSW Blues (an interesting approach given they are trying to appeal to a QLD market and are often accused of actually being a Northern NSW team).

What they should be doing (since totally changing their colour every few years is apparently fine anyway) is changing the yellow to a metallic gold and focussing their branding around that:

20229330_1387688551284948_5221736970357986165_n.jpg

GOLD coast, get it? It would be utterly unique in the comp and they could f*ck around with whatever shades of white/grey/blue they like.

Better than looking like a shitty version of the NSW state team.....
I always thought that. Then the panthers kind of used that colour, but now they've moved on. It's a unique colour and makes sense. Maybe a bit yellower than the gold in that pic though.
Gold, white with a touch of navy would look mad

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
New Titans strip is a step in the right direction towards a "2 blue" permanent colour scheme that I've suggested on this forum previously. Well done.

Problem with a 2-Blue colour scheme is that they could reasonably be confused with a dozen other clubs in the same comp...

For a team already struggling to define itself, wearing a jersey that could belong to almost every other team in the comp seems a bad move.

Flawed reasoning when you consider that Manly wear maroon. Also, the Cowboys have no maroon in their strip. Explain to me why should teams have to incorporate state colours into their playing strips?

It is not specifically a problem that the Titans us blue and dont use Maroon, the problem is that they have never established what it is that makes them different or who they represent. Their logo screams "gimmick" and is devoid of any reference to the local culture or community that they are meant to represent...

Beyond the simple face that blue is so over-used that it is impossible for the Titans to establish a distinct brand with it, the Blue jumper coupled with their brands total lack of local connection AND the fact that they are so close to the NSW boarder, makes them look like a Northern NSW team.

Im not saying they need to wear Maroon to adhere to the QLD culture, Im saying that they should take the Canberra path and reject the NSW-QLD fight entirely. Thats why i say they should wear the Gold; totally move away from the "Red v Blue, NSW v QLD" thing and define themselves as "South Queensland, anti-Brisbane" in the same way the Raiders are "anti-sydney" and much as they are "Canberra/Rural NSW"

A team needs to declare what community they represent and what they stand in opposition to. The most the Titians have ever done is say "we're cool, look how cool we are"...

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
As for the GOLD coast, you'd think that they might incorporate a bit of GOLD in their jersey rather than blue.

And its not even like they need to stop using blue...

Establish the Gold as the central, unique piece of their brand and they could use whatever crazy shades of blue they can come up with.

20258205_1388536477866822_234357965047705616_n.jpg
20245891_1388536401200163_4548526859092064445_n.jpg
20246286_1388536421200161_105975137228606927_n.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
Problem with a 2-Blue colour scheme is that they could reasonably be confused with a dozen other clubs in the same comp...

For a team already struggling to define itself, wearing a jersey that could belong to almost every other team in the comp seems a bad move.

It is not specifically a problem that the Titans us blue and dont use Maroon, the problem is that they have never established what it is that makes them different or who they represent. Their logo screams "gimmick" and is devoid of any reference to the local culture or community that they are meant to represent...

Beyond the simple face that blue is so over-used that it is impossible for the Titans to establish a distinct brand with it, the Blue jumper coupled with their brands total lack of local connection AND the fact that they are so close to the NSW boarder, makes them look like a Northern NSW team.

Im not saying they need to wear Maroon to adhere to the QLD culture, Im saying that they should take the Canberra path and reject the NSW-QLD fight entirely. Thats why i say they should wear the Gold; totally move away from the "Red v Blue, NSW v QLD" thing and define themselves as "South Queensland, anti-Brisbane" in the same way the Raiders are "anti-sydney" and much as they are "Canberra/Rural NSW"

A team needs to declare what community they represent and what they stand in opposition to. The most the Titians have ever done is say "we're cool, look how cool we are"...
If the Titans went with every suggestion you've made in this thread, they'd be wearing their original jersey recoloured in metallic gold/teal/orange, with the T logo sitting inside a maroon Q.

Their current look is pretty ordinary but they do look good and distinct when they have a gold V on a plain blue jersey. Hopefully this new look sticks around longer than a couple of years.

The last thing a GC team needs is sweeping identity changes.

Rooster8

Juniors
Melbourne wearing their 2007 "heritage" jersey this weekend against Manly, who they beat to win the grand final back then.

beagle

Juniors
Parra should go back to a predominately gold jersey as the away from next year. Sunday's jersey looked good with the blue shorts breaking up the gold. The 2 year cycle for the current away jersey ends this year, so here is the chance.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
If the Titans went with every suggestion you've made in this thread, they'd be wearing their original jersey recoloured in metallic gold/teal/orange, with the T logo sitting inside a maroon Q.

Their current look is pretty ordinary but they do look good and distinct when they have a gold V on a plain blue jersey. Hopefully this new look sticks around longer than a couple of years.

Jeez, Ive got a fan club...

The last thing a GC team needs is sweeping identity changes.

I agree. That why every suggestion i make is intentionally so close to their current/original branding. There are TOTALLY different brands that would be a million times better, but a certain degree of continuity is impotant..

I wouldnt suggest they take a combination of all my ideas, any single one of them would be fine. What they cant do is just sit with what they have now and hope that every problem associated will just magically disappear.

The Jumper/Badge represent nothing. It is insultingly devoid of any reference to the local culture/community they claim to represent. Until that is fixed, they will always be everyones "sort of second favourite team"; not many love them and no one cares enough to hate them...

big hit!

Bench
I know the GC region the Titans represent extends south of the border, but is it really prudent of them to becoming a clone of the NSW Origin team? And 2-blues is so void of any inspiration too.

I'm assuming yellow/gold is taking a back seat because it's a predominant colour of the major rival in their region. Fair enough. Blue is a unique colour 'within their region' as all the AFL clubs, the Broncos, and A-League team are predominantly, maroon/red/gold/orange. But it can still be used as trim to break up the very Origin look of the jersey.

I've always thought the Titans strips historically were too cluttered with too much fluff. They need to go back to basics. They also change it too often.

GAZF

First Grade
Jeez, Ive got a fan club...

I agree. That why every suggestion i make is intentionally so close to their current/original branding. There are TOTALLY different brands that would be a million times better, but a certain degree of continuity is impotant..

I wouldnt suggest they take a combination of all my ideas, any single one of them would be fine. What they cant do is just sit with what they have now and hope that every problem associated will just magically disappear.

The Jumper/Badge represent nothing. It is insultingly devoid of any reference to the local culture/community they claim to represent. Until that is fixed, they will always be everyones "sort of second favourite team"; not many love them and no one cares enough to hate them...
I agree that the Titans brand was ill-conceived and that it's here to stay as a result of the history of name changes on the GC. It's probably the most extreme example of "pick a cool name" in the NRL but it isn't without precedent - the Raiders/Cowboys/Broncos monikers were chosen partly because of the success of NFL brands at the time, although they do have some minor connection with their catchments.

The logo set is ok imo, particularly the T logo that you're a big fan of. Their colours are the main asset that ties them in with the area but the balance is out. I don't think of their colours as NSW colours as they use a shade closer to azure than sky blue, but they definitely could use more gold to break up the double blue look.

I'm of the opinion that the Titans should try to better integrate the titan/greek mythology theme with a coastal one. If you had to pick a name that would tie the two together, you'd probably pick "Argonauts/Argos" but that horse bolted a decade ago. I made a Titans concept about 6 months ago to try and cover all of the above.

And I should add that I wasn't making a personal attack Your enthusiasm on the subject definitely keeps this thread going at times, providing topic for debate at a minimum. You just have more of a "throw ideas at the wall and see what sticks" approach than most others here, and a fixation with the Tits of course...

GAZF

First Grade
I know the GC region the Titans represent extends south of the border, but is it really prudent of them to becoming a clone of the NSW Origin team? And 2-blues is so void of any inspiration too.

I'm assuming yellow/gold is taking a back seat because it's a predominant colour of the major rival in their region. Fair enough. Blue is a unique colour 'within their region' as all the AFL clubs, the Broncos, and A-League team are predominantly, maroon/red/gold/orange. But it can still be used as trim to break up the very Origin look of the jersey.

I've always thought the Titans strips historically were too cluttered with too much fluff. They need to go back to basics. They also change it too often.
Nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.