What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canard

Immortal
Also I might be an old fuddy duddy but I don't deal well with change. Can the OP change the title to 2017 jerseys.... Instead of "kits". It's been that way for 10 years. Big issues I know!!

Kits is an English soccer term.

Could be worse though, could use the Victorian Guernsey.

Lambretta

First Grade
Kits is an English soccer term.

Could be worse though, could use the Victorian Guernsey.

Guernsey and Jersey are both Channel Islands. Maybe football should call theirs "Sarks" instead of kits
They're also both types of cows. So maybe football could have Friesians if they don't like Sark's.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Manufacturers

Broncos - Nike (expiring?) possibly to ISC
Raiders - ISC - ?
Bulldogs - Canterbury through 2018
Sharks - xBlades - ?
Titans - BLK through 2018
Storm - Star Athletic (ending early, going to ISC?)
Sea Eagles - ISC
Knights - ISC
Cowboys - ISC
Eels - xBlades
Panthers - ASICS
Dragons - ISC
Rabbitohs - ISC
Roosters - ISC
Warriors - Canterbury through 2017
Wests Tigers - ISC through 2019

I'll update that as people advise things have changed/might be changing.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Major Sponsors (front of jersey)

Broncos - NRMA Insurance
Expiring 2016

Raiders
- Huawei
Through 2019 Renewed this year

Bulldogs
- Jaycar
Expiring 2016. Rumoured replacement Kia Motors

Sharks
- Southern Radiology
Through 2018

Titans
- Aquis
Through 2021 renewed this year

Sea Eagles - Coco Joy
Court dispute - no indication of 2017. Original deal was through 2018.

Storm
- Crown Resorts
Through 2020

Knights
- Newpave
Through 2017

Cowboys
- Toyota NQ Dealers
Through 2017

Eels
- Dyldam
Expiring 2016, in financial trouble

Panthers
- Oak
Through 2017

Dragons
- St George Bank
Ongoing ?

Rabbitohs
- Crown Resorts (home), Fujitsu (away)
Started 2015 - no tenure indicated

Roosters
- Steggles
Ongoing ?

Warriors
- Vodafone
Through 2018 (total 20 seasons)

Wests Tigers
- Brydens Lawyers
Through 2018

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Would they really make $850000 of sales? I do not know one person that owns a Huawei...

Ps better change the thread title bro, b4 someone gets up ya . Should be same as previous years

I got myself one in when i was living in china.

Best i can say is "not terrible..."

Not NRL specific but this a great article on NFL uniforms and changes etc. Fellow jersey nerds will enjoy :)

http://www.espn.com.au/american-foo...i-watch-nfl-preview-breaks-all-season-changes

That's awesome.

Imagine the NRL trying to do one of these. It'd have to change week to week...

Round B:

Team X is wearing their throwback 197X Premiership Jersey with XX Seasons on the badge. They'll also wear puce socks to honour Sickle Cell Anaemia.

Team Z is wearing an Indigenous Jersey (Indigenous Round is X). They will combine that with their home socks and away shorts.

Team Y is wearing two jerseys. One per half. We have no fking idea at this stage what either represent. Neither will be in Team Y traditional two colours.

Team W should be wearing the GAZF designed jersey template as per LU. However, their CEO is a colourblind, ignorant tool and went with Nike instead.

Timmah

Staff member
Just updated the posts with apparel & major sponsors with information on each clubs' most recent deal. Wasn't able to find all of them funnily enough.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Would they really make $850000 of sales? I do not know one person that owns a Huawei...

Ps better change the thread title bro, b4 someone gets up ya . Should be same as previous years
Huawei sell much more than just mobile phones

Just about every mobile data device sold by the carriers in Aust is made by Huawei. They also sell huge amounts of network switching gear, security and storage appliances along with IP telephony kit

They are in everything to do with comms technology

ACTPanthers

Bench
Feel Sorry for you southerners who have to put up with inferior ice coffees like oak and dare while we up in the NT get Pauls Ive coffee

This, this and a whole bunch more of this. Only 6 years to go in Canberra until I'll be back in that beautiful piece of Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.