What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulyTom

Juniors
The amount of Jeseys need to be reduced to a max number of 4 Jerseys per team per year.

Home / Away and then choose 2 of the following-
1. Women in League Round
2. Close the Gap round (Aboriginal)
3. Anzac Day Round
4. Super Heroes
5. Heritage Round

Zigwaa

Bench
Miami came up pretty good in orange and Baltimore in Purple and gold numbering

CsPMFdEWgAA9kPo.jpg:large

CsPhWw0WAAAZzk7.jpg:large

RockWheel

Bench
Single tone colours (ie jersey and shorts) tend to work better for dark colours and white. Lighter colours tend to look pretty bad without a contrast. It's why the maroons have maroon shorts but NSW don't have sky blue shorts

unforgiven

Bench
Interesting what the NFL are doing with a "colour rush round" of monochromatic designs, the predominate pants colour match the predominate jersey colour. I think it could work really well in the NRL, some teams already doing it could use one of their alternate colours.

http://www.espn.com.au/american-foo...ame-game-break-nfl-latest-color-rush-uniforms

CsPn22fXgAAz7fB.jpg

CsPqltBWYAI_txj.jpg:large
+
CsPxgNcXgAAMAcO.jpg
These are used for Thursday night games and are not a round as such. I like the Bengals white tiger design, except they are sticking with the orange helmets

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
With the whole anniversary seasons/years there's quite a few teams that fit this bill and it'll be interesting to see if there's any jersey/logo changes.

Souths and Roosters 110 seasons (you can be picky about Souths)
Manly and Parra 70 years (I know Manly celebrated this year)
Panthers and Sharks 50 years (Same deal goes for Panthers this year)
Knights and Broncos 30 seasons
Storm 20 seasons
Titans 10 seasons
Cronulla and Newcastle have already revealed logos. As you suggest Penrith and Manly already celebrated this season.

http://m.nrl.com/nrl-announces-lice...and-47/tabid/10874/newsid/101359/default.aspx

Media Release⁠, NRL, NRL
Wed, Sep 14, 2016 - 03:00PM

The National Rugby League (NRL) today announced a partnership with premium sports lifestyle brand '47 that is set to alter the sports licensing landscape in Australia.

Hailing from Boston, Massachusetts, '47 holds licensing agreements with the NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, NHL and more than 900 US universities.

"We are delighted to welcome such a highly respected brand as '47 into the NRL family," said Shaun McMartin, NRL General Manager of Consumer Business.

"They bring a combination of authenticity and innovation which we're confident will deliver our fans fantastic new offerings in 2016 and beyond."

Today's announcement will see the NRL join this esteemed list to become '47's largest partnership with a major sporting code outside of the USA. The National Rugby League continues to generate impressive merchandise sales across Australia and New Zealand, with retail sales of over $215m annually and growing.

'47 will bring its premier quality headwear and apparel to the NRL, with merchandise available in club stores and major retailers in Australia and New Zealand from November 2016.

"This deal represents our largest with a major sporting organization outside of the U.S. and I could not think of a better partner than the NRL," '47 co-owner Steven D'Angelo said.

"NRL fans are passionate and loyal to their sport and I have no doubt they will connect with the authenticity of '47. We're excited to bring fans our best-in-class product."

About '47

'47 is a privately held sports lifestyle brand founded in Boston, MA, by twin brothers, Arthur and Henry D'Angelo in 1947. The D'Angelos were entrepreneurial pioneers who were quick to see the future of sports licensing by selling pennants and other sports memorabilia on the streets around Fenway Park. Through a combination of hard work, sound instincts and incredible passion, the brothers were able to grow their business from a single street cart to a premier sports lifestyle brand that uniquely melds sport and style. Previously known as Twins Enterprises, '47 is currently managed by Arthur’s four sons, Bobby, David, Mark, and Steven. '47 is a proud partner of Major League Baseball, the National Football League, the National Hockey League, the National Basketball Association and over 900 collegiate programs. '47 employs over 250 corporate and retail associates around the world and is headquartered in Boston and Westwood, MA. For more information, please visit 47brand.com

Nuke

Staff member
Pretty disappointing. Systematic design is fine but the base design needs to be worth keeping. Your one had a good amount of the original logo on it.
Without tooting my own horn, I tend to prefer my quick one to the official one unveiled the other day too.

No matter!

GAZF

First Grade
http://m.nrl.com/nrl-announces-lice...and-47/tabid/10874/newsid/101359/default.aspx

Media Release⁠, NRL, NRL

The National Rugby League (NRL) today announced a partnership with premium sports lifestyle brand '47 that is set to alter the sports licensing landscape in Australia.

Hailing from Boston, Massachusetts, '47 holds licensing agreements with the NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, NHL and more than 900 US universities.

"We are delighted to welcome such a highly respected brand as '47 into the NRL family," said Shaun McMartin, NRL General Manager of Consumer Business.

"They bring a combination of authenticity and innovation which we're confident will deliver our fans fantastic new offerings in 2016 and beyond."

Today's announcement will see the NRL join this esteemed list to become '47's largest partnership with a major sporting code outside of the USA. The National Rugby League continues to generate impressive merchandise sales across Australia and New Zealand, with retail sales of over $215m annually and growing.

'47 will bring its premier quality headwear and apparel to the NRL, with merchandise available in club stores and major retailers in Australia and New Zealand from November 2016.

"This deal represents our largest with a major sporting organization outside of the U.S. and I could not think of a better partner than the NRL," '47 co-owner Steven D'Angelo said.

"NRL fans are passionate and loyal to their sport and I have no doubt they will connect with the authenticity of '47. We're excited to bring fans our best-in-class product."

About '47

'47 is a privately held sports lifestyle brand founded in Boston, MA, by twin brothers, Arthur and Henry D'Angelo in 1947. The D'Angelos were entrepreneurial pioneers who were quick to see the future of sports licensing by selling pennants and other sports memorabilia on the streets around Fenway Park. Through a combination of hard work, sound instincts and incredible passion, the brothers were able to grow their business from a single street cart to a premier sports lifestyle brand that uniquely melds sport and style. Previously known as Twins Enterprises, '47 is currently managed by Arthur’s four sons, Bobby, David, Mark, and Steven. '47 is a proud partner of Major League Baseball, the National Football League, the National Hockey League, the National Basketball Association and over 900 collegiate programs. '47 employs over 250 corporate and retail associates around the world and is headquartered in Boston and Westwood, MA. For more information, please visit 47brand.com

Interesting move. Wonder how wide of a range they're looking at releasing? It would be good to have some merch available that can be worn more casually.

People bag B&L but they do offer a great range.

Some of the stuff is cheap shite. The replica jerseys and some of the polar fleece stuff and some if the polo makes and/or designs.

But some of the hoodies, beanies, scarves, polo shirts and kids' apparel and pjs are great. Great value too and even better when B&L do their periodic and end of season markdowns.

I have two boys who turn clothes in to cactus quick smart. It is decent quality some of it. Depends on the year, design and manufacture too.

GAZF

First Grade
People bag B&L but they do offer a great range.

Some of the stuff is cheap shite. The replica jerseys and some of the polar fleece stuff and some if the polo makes and/or designs.

But some of the hoodies, beanies, scarves, polo shirts and kids' apparel and pjs are great. Great value too and even better when B&L do their periodic and end of season markdowns.

I have two boys who turn clothes in to cactus quick smart. It is decent quality some of it. Depends on the year, design and manufacture too.
Perfect for kids who grow out of things fast. A lot of the adult stuff looks like it was designed for kids though.

kdalymc

Bench
With the whole anniversary seasons/years there's quite a few teams that fit this bill and it'll be interesting to see if there's any jersey/logo changes.

Souths and Roosters 110 seasons (you can be picky about Souths)
Manly and Parra 70 years (I know Manly celebrated this year)
Panthers and Sharks 50 years (Same deal goes for Panthers this year)
Knights and Broncos 30 seasons
Storm 20 seasons
Titans 10 seasons

Titans 11 seasons bra. 10 years.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Media Release⁠, NRL, NRL

About '47

I hope this is a first step to the NRL centralising ALL merch production and design in the same way the NFL do. We desperately need some quality control...

(if they create a standing unit that needs to fill in time between NRL ranges, they could offer services to Junior clubs as well to improve the quality of RL logos and jerseys across the board).

This "Lifestyle range" is something the NRL really need to get into as well. Merch seems to be limited almost entirely to the dozen Jerseys every team puts out each year. (and anyone who wears one on the street looks like an absolute bogan).

Given the majority of RL fans are NSW and QLD based, we NEED a range of beach-wear (singlets, boardshorts, etc.) that people can wear casually. People wearing the Club logos on the street the best advertising the game can get, we need a range that you can wear in casual settings...

EG: this with a club logo on the pocket
98758c6b8c5d35e2b65a426300641835.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I hope this is a first step to the NRL centralising ALL merch production and design in the same way the NFL do. We desperately need some quality control...

(if they create a standing unit that needs to fill in time between NRL ranges, they could offer services to Junior clubs as well to improve the quality of RL logos and jerseys across the board).

This "Lifestyle range" is something the NRL really need to get into as well. Merch seems to be limited almost entirely to the dozen Jerseys every team puts out each year. (and anyone who wears one on the street looks like an absolute bogan).

Given the majority of RL fans are NSW and QLD based, we NEED a range of beach-wear (singlets, boardshorts, etc.) that people can wear casually. People wearing the Club logos on the street the best advertising the game can get, we need a range that you can wear in casual settings...

The chances of the NRL centralising all merch by taking the option of apparel supplier choice from the clubs are next to zero. It's far too lucrative per club. Club land is already fed up with the way the centralised website system works, they won't agree to that. And even then there are too many clubs with long-term deals for it to happen any time soon.

myrrh ken

First Grade

I dunno. Isn't the point of wearing club attire so that it looks like club attire? If 20 blokes are wearing this on the beach, it'll just look like there was a sale on at Jeans West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts