What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeJ

Bench
Single tone colours (ie jersey and shorts) tend to work better for dark colours and white. Lighter colours tend to look pretty bad without a contrast. It's why the maroons have maroon shorts but NSW don't have sky blue shorts

This is very true. North Queensland's grey strip and Parra's yellow both look unappealing.

LESStar58

Referee
http://m.nrl.com/nrl-announces-lice...and-47/tabid/10874/newsid/101359/default.aspx

Media Release⁠, NRL, NRL
Wed, Sep 14, 2016 - 03:00PM

The National Rugby League (NRL) today announced a partnership with premium sports lifestyle brand '47 that is set to alter the sports licensing landscape in Australia.

Hailing from Boston, Massachusetts, '47 holds licensing agreements with the NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, NHL and more than 900 US universities.

"We are delighted to welcome such a highly respected brand as '47 into the NRL family," said Shaun McMartin, NRL General Manager of Consumer Business.

"They bring a combination of authenticity and innovation which we're confident will deliver our fans fantastic new offerings in 2016 and beyond."

Today's announcement will see the NRL join this esteemed list to become '47's largest partnership with a major sporting code outside of the USA. The National Rugby League continues to generate impressive merchandise sales across Australia and New Zealand, with retail sales of over $215m annually and growing.

'47 will bring its premier quality headwear and apparel to the NRL, with merchandise available in club stores and major retailers in Australia and New Zealand from November 2016.

"This deal represents our largest with a major sporting organization outside of the U.S. and I could not think of a better partner than the NRL," '47 co-owner Steven D'Angelo said.

"NRL fans are passionate and loyal to their sport and I have no doubt they will connect with the authenticity of '47. We're excited to bring fans our best-in-class product."

About '47

'47 is a privately held sports lifestyle brand founded in Boston, MA, by twin brothers, Arthur and Henry D'Angelo in 1947. The D'Angelos were entrepreneurial pioneers who were quick to see the future of sports licensing by selling pennants and other sports memorabilia on the streets around Fenway Park. Through a combination of hard work, sound instincts and incredible passion, the brothers were able to grow their business from a single street cart to a premier sports lifestyle brand that uniquely melds sport and style. Previously known as Twins Enterprises, '47 is currently managed by Arthur’s four sons, Bobby, David, Mark, and Steven. '47 is a proud partner of Major League Baseball, the National Football League, the National Hockey League, the National Basketball Association and over 900 collegiate programs. '47 employs over 250 corporate and retail associates around the world and is headquartered in Boston and Westwood, MA. For more information, please visit 47brand.com

Hmmmmm... this sounds not unlike when Starter made AFL (and possibly rugby league?) gear in the mid 90s?

LESStar58

Referee
Newcastle have unveiled their 2017 '30 Years' logo. Disappointingly, apart from the change of font for the number, the inclusion of two stars (presumably in honour of our two premierships), and the inclusion of '1988' and '2017' into the red oval, it is exactly the same as the Knights' 1997, 2002, 2007, and 2012 anniversary logos. Considering the knights head emblem has been modified slightly since 2008, and that this special logo has in essence been used for 20 years now, I really would have thought they would have ventured out and changed it. In 10mins several weeks ago, I came up with one based on the original 'shield' logo that I was hoping would be close to what they might have used for next year. Alas, no.

I should point out that I don't dislike the logo below, or the various versions of it in the previous 2 decades, but I was just hoping for something different this time. Oh well. Maybe in 2022!!View attachment 9493

I like the 2 stars to signify the premierships. Very similar to a lot of soccer teams.

LESStar58

Referee
Manufacturers

Broncos - Nike (expiring?) possibly to ISC
Raiders - ISC - ?
Bulldogs - Canterbury through 2018
Sharks - xBlades - ?
Titans - BLK through 2018
Storm - Star Athletic (ending early, going to ISC?)
Sea Eagles - ISC
Knights - ISC
Cowboys - ISC
Eels - xBlades
Panthers - ASICS
Dragons - ISC
Rabbitohs - ISC
Roosters - ISC
Warriors - Canterbury through 2017
Wests Tigers - ISC through 2019

I'll update that as people advise things have changed/might be changing.

Can't find the link to the Sun article but Storm are ending their agreement with Star.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yep, them and Collingwood both out:

288007_3250fc382d63b79bcd6eadc9ec40744c.jpg

Alex28

Coach
I have some 47 caps from the states when I was there last year - make excellent caps. Better than New Era in my opinion.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I dunno. Isn't the point of wearing club attire so that it looks like club attire? If 20 blokes are wearing this on the beach, it'll just look like there was a sale on at Jeans West.

The whole idea of "club attire" is pretty loose. I dont often see players running out in scarves and beanies...

The problem for the NRL is that most classic sport merch is heavy winter gear that just doesnt match our climate. Its good for a game, but not many people in Sydney and Brisbane will wear beanies in mid summer.

The NRL need their logos in every possible location, and there is no better form of advertising than someone wearing it down the street. The NRL need to deal with the realities of their main markets and offer merch that matches the common requirements of its supporters; Tshirts, singlets and shorts....

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Here we go, Manly confirm URM as front of jersey sponsor and a completely new design (ignore the watermarking)

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-16_12-42-52.png
    upload_2016-9-16_12-42-52.png
    244.2 KB · Views: 50

zombie jesus

Staff member
No watermarking version from members email, they're the home major sponsor only.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 45

GAZF

First Grade
About time Manly went back to the hoops. Looks like the individual hoops are split into 4 lines. The maroon looks a bit pink which is hopefully just lighting. Sponsor integration is great from what I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.