What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAZF

First Grade
That or this...

15934-manly-warringah-sea-eagles-2014-mens-heritage-jersey-740.jpg
It has history but that is a stinker of a jersey design-wise.

gunpk

Juniors
Do the colours on the Manly jersey look a little different?
Also think the four pinstripes look good instead of the usual thick lines

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Tigers alternate and away jerseys should be scrapped. They're both terrible. The orange with weird white shoulder thing? What were they thinking. And the away white and grey is the laziest option and just looks boring. Sort it out Tigs!

I'd like to see the roosters wear their alternate red jersey more. Really good classic look. Maybe as their main away

The Cowboys home and away are great this year. They grew on me. They look smart and proffessional. Hope they stay with these for a while.

Titans Away this year was great. It makes them look like an actual football team. I think they should use this years heritage as their main for next year.

Most other teams home and away jerseys are pretty good and probably don't need to change. Broncos away is a bit shit, but it passes.

axl rose

Bench
Tigers alternate and away jerseys should be scrapped. They're both terrible. The orange with weird white shoulder thing? What were they thinking. And the away white and grey is the laziest option and just looks boring. Sort it out Tigs!

With Manlys return to their iconic design most Sydney teams now have settled on classic design/identifiable brand. Tigers really have no idea. This should probably be thier home and just be done with it
20140331110451Heritage_Jersey_small.jpg

Charlie124

First Grade

I'd like to see the roosters wear their alternate red jersey more. Really good classic look. Maybe as their main away

The Cowboys home and away are great this year. They grew on me. They look smart and proffessional. Hope they stay with these for a while.

Titans Away this year was great. It makes them look like an actual football team. I think they should use this years heritage as their main for next year.

Most other teams home and away jerseys are pretty good and probably don't need to change. Broncos away is a bit shit, but it passes.

I agree regarding the home jersey, wasn't a big fan initially (probably because it was sooo different from what we've had before) but it certainly grew on me quickly. I still don't like the away jersey/strip though. If it was just the jersey with blue shorts and socks it might look better but as it stands there's just too much grey.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Looks like the licorice allsorts may be making a return next year, judging by this...

View attachment 9602
Not getting that when I go to the Panthers membership page - but regardless I thought the jersey got leaked a month or two ago? Then Corey Payne tried foxing us with multiple jersey concepts lol

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Why don't Penrith stick with a colour!

This years black with brown/coffee/beige/tan whatever you want to call it, works well.
It's a colour that isn't used by any other club + it's a nod to their original chocolate soldiers jersey.

As much as I like the all sorts, the panther logo is turquoise, their colours will be black, red, green, yellow and white. It's all a bit much.

Pick a colour Penrith!

Why don't Penrith stick with a colour!

This years black with brown/coffee/beige/tan whatever you want to call it, works well.
It's a colour that isn't used by any other club + it's a nod to their original chocolate soldiers jersey.

As much as I like the all sorts, the panther logo is turquoise, their colours will be black, red, green, yellow and white. It's all a bit much.

Pick a colour Penrith!

This year's was only for the 50th anniversary.

Nuke

Staff member
I agree with the sentiments asking Penrith choose and stick to a colour scheme. I do like the licorice allsorts jersey and have since I was a kid when it was in use. That said, their original colours of brown and white, then moving to a predominantly black kit, what they did this year with the black and tan colours looks awesome. The designs were simple (especially once that huge 50yrs logo is removed off the front), the colours work well together and work well reversed with eachother as an alternate kit. They, together, are unique in the NRL and in Australian sport (as far as I'm aware), and of course, combine the history of the chocolate soldiers and black panthers eras of the Penrith Panthers club.

These colours still allow throwback / retro / heritage jerseys for the various colour-schemes they've had without them being completely removed from the current day's kit.

Buuttt, as we know, logic doesn't play as big a part of these decisions as it should unfortunately.

Johnny88

Juniors
Always liked the 91 Panthers jersey thought they would stick with those colours for a long time. Hope that's there Home Jersey for 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts