What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys

roofromoz

First Grade
Cheers ACT.

Exhibit A -

Hey! That was the first Panthers jersey I had, as a birthday present in the mid 90s. Long gone now and the Prospect Electricity sponsorship started peeling off after a few washes. It wasn't the worst one we had - there was that teal / purple monstrosity from 2003 to 2006. Although I once had that one too... bought it for $69 at Peter Wynns at an end of season clearance but flogged it off on ebay a couple of years later.

Back on topic... I would love too see a return to the licorice allsorts. BUT F####ING STICK TO IT. It could be our red V or the 'cardinal and mrytle' hoops.

Blues Riff

Bench
Gus, when asked on Twitter about the club colours next season, replied -

Phil Gould ‏@Gus10Gould Oct 11

Phil Gould Retweeted Keefy

It will be a strong link to our history. All will be revealed before Christmas merchandise hits the stores

Here's a thought though. Dump all the teal, rust, purple, pink and gold crap into the skip out the back. It's time to properly address the issue of the club's identity.

Doomednow

Bench
Current gold strip is ugly, could be done well. Tall order from the numpties in our design department though.

My only problem with licorice all sorts is that it's too many colours.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Bring on the retro style 90's, and leave it there for the next 50 years....

I think that is the plan from what i am hearing

rabbitohs95

Bench
From an outsider; stick with black and gold. Black representing the actual panther and gold representing the golden west of Sydney.

Licorice allsorts jersey is from the early 90s, no need to bring it back. The colour scheme is ugly and random too.

Doomednow

Bench
Licorice allsorts jersey is from the early 90s, no need to bring it back. The colour scheme is ugly and random too.

I feel like the liquorice all sorts love is kind of a circlejerk. Like it's an easy way to signal that you're a "real" fan from way back. Yeah it's for nostalgia value and the basic pattern is alright but come on the colours are completely random and overall it's nothing special. It's got "history" because we won a prem in it but so what?

If we want a design we'll keep for 50 years that's not it.

I was a Bears fan until 1998 so it has nothing to do with nostalgia for me but the allsorts jersey is the only jersey that's ours. I love the colours and design, I've bought retro jerseys and hoodies

seal

Juniors
image.jpeg Hey everyone, was just reading over this thread and thought I'd sign up to share a jersey design I scribbled up! Pretty scrappy but I was just curious as to everyone's thoughts amid the debate over our 2017 colour scheme. Would have two top jerseys as home and away, and the bottom two as alternate and heritage :p

Last edited:

Latest posts