What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys

Pommy

Coach
I understand that part of it but in my opinion, the shoulder panels are overkill.

Maybe but with the ISC template I'm not sure what else could be done. It would have to be either solid red or solid green as you would never get the stripes to match up in different pieces of material. I think that would look a lot stranger.
Im sure when the ISC template changes again they will go away and it will just be the side panels.

callmack1

Staff member
Maybe but with the ISC template I'm not sure what else could be done. It would have to be either solid red or solid green as you would never get the stripes to match up in different pieces of material. I think that would look a lot stranger.
Im sure when the ISC template changes again they will go away and it will just be the side panels.
White/Black side panels are really the only way to go for the jersey to still look nice with this ISC template.

Also do you guys reckon we'll get a heritage jersey this time? I was dissapointed we didn't get one last season.

Pommy

Coach
White/Black side panels are really the only way to go for the jersey to still look nice with this ISC template.

Also do you guys reckon we'll get a heritage jersey this time? I was dissapointed we didn't get one last season.

The thing the heritage one is nice but with stock templates what can the do?

callmack1

Staff member
The thing the heritage one is nice but with stock templates what can the do?
We could go back to heritage jersey design similar to the one we had in 2014. I know some people didn't like it but it was one of my favourites. Would work with the current ISC template as well
image.scale.thumbnail.400.400.jpg

Pommy

Coach
We could go back to heritage jersey design similar to the one we had in 2014. I know some people didn't like it but it was one of my favourites. Would work with the current ISC template as well

Did they not wear hoops back in the early years?

callmack1

Staff member
A bit more off field gear!!

BLACK-BONE-SINGLET.jpg

BLACK-SINGLET-ADULTS.jpg

WWJ2.jpg

SOUTH-RUNNING-JACKET.jpg

And just on the away jersey I have got used to it now and I actually quite like it.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Did they not wear hoops back in the early years?
They wore hoops right from the beginning. I'm not actually sure which year the 2014 Heritage jersey is based on.
I believe it was during the second world around the 40s? Love the design and regret not getting it. May have to find one online. Hopefully they have some at the shop. I love the different jersey designs we have, red and green hoops all the time can get a bit stale.

callmack1

Staff member
I believe it was during the second world around the 40s? Love the design and regret not getting it. May have to find one online. Hopefully they have some at the shop. I love the different jersey designs we have, red and green hoops all the time can get a bit stale.
Did a wee bit of research and you're correct.

I loved the design of that jersey too, my favourite heritage jersey.

The jersey I most regret not buying is the 2014 indigenous jersey, damn it was amazing. The performance from GI that night when it was worn was one to remember.

Our latest indigenous jerseys have still been good but imo they are a bit plain and need more red and green. Hopefully that is the case with next season's.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Did a wee bit of research and you're correct.

I loved the design of that jersey too, my favourite heritage jersey.

The jersey I most regret not buying is the 2014 indigenous jersey, damn it was amazing. The performance from GI that night when it was worn was one to remember.

Our latest indigenous jerseys have still been good but imo they are a bit plain and need more red and green. Hopefully that is the case with next season's.
I hope we bring back the 2015 heritage jersey. That one was brilliant. Same goes with the 2014 one, great colour combinations.

Agreed with the Indigenous jersey needing more red and green, although I did like this year's one. Last year's white one was pretty bad tbh, not to mention we got pumped against Manly.

Pommy

Coach
This years was a great shirt but could have belonged to any NRL side. There was nothing beside the rabbit to signify it as Souths until you saw the players names on the handprints.

doyen

Bench
Sths should always play in the red & green hoops--the original strip[& black shorts].

I barrack for the red & green colours but anything other than the original hoops I don't really accept or notice.

I have followed Sths since the early 1950s & watched Sths win a number of p/ships in this jersey so am pretty biassed!!

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Sths should always play in the red & green hoops--the original strip[& black shorts].

I barrack for the red & green colours but anything other than the original hoops I don't really accept or notice.

I have followed Sths since the early 1950s & watched Sths win a number of p/ships in this jersey so am pretty biassed!!
Haha fair enough. I don't think we should always play in hoops with black shorts. I like how we have the variation between the black and white of our home and away kits. It provides a bit of difference while still retaining our identity and being traditional red and green hoops. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Travitoh

First Grade
Haha fair enough. I don't think we should always play in hoops with black shorts. I like how we have the variation between the black and white of our home and away kits. It provides a bit of difference while still retaining our identity and being traditional red and green hoops. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Agreed, i like the different panels. I actually prefer the white panels myself.
The thing with hoops is it should be easy to incorporate designs for Indigenous round or women in league without losing our identity.

As an example
298babcd6c34d364f764a3e6e63c6d47

Hellray

Juniors
Maybe the Bunnies will go a different way and pull out a remake of the super rare all red with green V jersey we wore way back in the olden times

Pommy

Coach

But you have to have a home and away jersey so that's like saying it should always rain pound coins :joy::joy:

callmack1

Staff member
Agreed, i like the different panels. I actually prefer the white panels myself.
The thing with hoops is it should be easy to incorporate designs for Indigenous round or women in league without losing our identity.

As an example
298babcd6c34d364f764a3e6e63c6d47
We did something like that in 2013 and it looked alright.

00092808-leadimage.jpg

Wouldn't mind seeing a similar thing in 2017

callmack1

Staff member
But you have to have a home and away jersey so that's like saying it should always rain pound coins :joy::joy:
Haha. I'm not sure teams must have an away jersey. The Raiders don't really have one, the dragons do but they don't always wear it when they are away.