What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys

callmack1

Staff member
Ah that's right, I forgot about that. The new centre is being built now right?

So relative to Redfern where is heffron park? Is it still close? Is it still in Redfern? (Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm from NZ remember so I don't know).

It's a shame to move away from Redfern oval but as Richo said, we have out grown the site.

I believe the move will have far more positives than negatives.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Ah that's right, I forgot about that. The new centre is being built now right?

So relative to Redfern where is heffron park? Is it still close? Is it still in Redfern? (Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm from NZ remember so I don't know).

It's a shame to move away from Redfern oval but as Richo said, we have out grown the site.

I believe the move will have far more positives than negatives.
Its about a 20 minute drive down south. Heffron is in Maroubra but im not sure if they're going ahead with the project.

The park is absolutely huge and there were talks we could even have a ground there but its just too awkward to get to, plus no parking.

rabbitohs95

Bench
We will stay at ANZ my friend.
I know, it was just tossed up a few months ago.

Man I can't believe it's already been a decade at ANZ. I love going to the ground every weekend to cheer on the mighty red n green.

Allianz is a hole and of course I wouldn't want to share it with Easts, especially with all the terrible memories we have of playing there.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I know, it was just tossed up a few months ago.

Man I can't believe it's already been a decade at ANZ. I love going to the ground every weekend to cheer on the mighty red n green.

Allianz is a hole and of course I wouldn't want to share it with Easts, especially with all the terrible memories we have of playing there.
Wait has it been a decade???? How fast did that go lol.

I love the ground too. I find it has a good feel too it. It's just home now.

Correct, poor facilities at Allianz. Even the seats you sit on feel ancient. It doesn't have a nice feel to it.

Playing 1 home game there every season is good enough for me.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Wait has it been a decade???? How fast did that go lol.

I love the ground too. I find it has a good feel too it. It's just home now.

Correct, poor facilities at Allianz. Even the seats you sit on feel ancient. It doesn't have a nice feel to it.

Playing 1 home game there every season is good enough for me.
Yep, we started playing there in 2006. Crazy isn't it?

Agreed, even though we don't fill it out every week it still feels good being there, and of course it has the capacity to fill out if need be (e.g. some of our games against Canterbury and Easts have been massive).

I hate Allianz. Poor facilities, poor seating, poor crowds, poor food and beverage options, and most importantly poor pricing on tickets.

callmack1

Staff member
Just going back to jersey's, I think the NRL need to make proper rules for them.

The only special rounds where clubs wear special jerseys should be the Heritage round, Women in League round and the Indigenous round.

Each club must have a Heritage, Women in League and Indigenous jersey and they must wear it in the corresponding round and that round only. It should not matter if the team is home or away. If they are home, make the special jersey mostly home colours and if they are away make it more away colours.

This is because I think it is poor how only a few clubs recognise these special rounds. It also looks poor if you have one team playing in a special kit and the other is not.

Imagine how cool it would be if every single club had a special jersey for the Heritage, Women in League and Indigenous rounds, every team wore them on those rounds and they ONLY wore it on those rounds. The entire league would look so united.

Thoughts?

Just going back to jersey's, I think the NRL need to make proper rules for them.

The only special rounds where clubs wear special jerseys should be the Heritage round, Women in League round and the Indigenous round.

Each club must have a Heritage, Women in League and Indigenous jersey and they must wear it in the corresponding round and that round only. It should not matter if the team is home or away. If they are home, make the special jersey mostly home colours and if they are away make it more away colours.

This is because I think it is poor how only a few clubs recognise these special rounds. It also looks poor if you have one team playing in a special kit and the other is not.

Imagine how cool it would be if every single club had a special jersey for the Heritage, Women in League and Indigenous rounds, every team wore them on those rounds and they ONLY wore it on those rounds. The entire league would look so united.

Thoughts?

You should go to the jersey thread(s) in the main page.

It's an endless battle, this jersey caper.

Pommy

Coach
I swear this entire forum is on some kind of wind up against me re ANZ how anyone can suggest it's an acceptable stadium is unfathomable to me.

Latest posts