What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Judiciary & Match Review

POPEYE

Coach
Mate its not 1975 anymore.

Send offs have clearly gone the way of the dodo.

The new rules are....you cop a hit to the head, you go off for a HIA.

I didn't make the rules, but thats what they are.

So if you have not copped a hit to the head, how do you get suspended for hitting someone in the head?

Clearly he was hit, so he should have gone off for the test.

Would jot have made any difference at all to the result, just sick of different rules for certain players.
Agree mate, got to play to the rules if you want to win today's game, I didn't hear Bellamy complain in the presser, actually he rarely complains like Barrett, Sticky and the rest

I can imagine if Les Boyd was playing in a gf today, Bozo would tell Les: 'Take the halfback out first chance you get, send him to HIA, if he comes back on do it again . . . they won't let him come back twice and if you do it properly you won't get sent off

Completely within the rules of course, just like the wrestle is . . . my view on it is that anyone who supports forcing a bloke off with injury when there is absolutely no consequences for it on the day is a f**kwit

mave

Coach
Agree mate, got to play to the rules if you want to win today's game, I didn't hear Bellamy complain in the presser, actually he rarely complains like Barrett, Sticky and the rest

I can imagine if Les Boyd was playing in a gf today, Bozo would tell Les: 'Take the halfback out first chance you get, send him to HIA, if he comes back on do it again . . . they won't let him come back twice and if you do it properly you won't get sent off

Completely within the rules of course, just like the wrestle is . . . my view on it is that anyone who supports forcing a bloke off with injury when there is absolutely no consequences for it on the day is a f**kwit

Like Crocker and Slater on B. Stewart in the 2007 GF ?

Nice Beaver

First Grade

So your first sentence says you agree that teams should paly within the rules, but you are happy to have Cronk and the Storm ignore the rules.

I get your incredibly witty analogy with Boyd.

But the fact is the AFB was not a send off tackle any day of the week.

And once again, its not 1975, so you actually think AFB went out there with instructions to take Cronk out? Wake up.

As per your wank session over the accountant in another thread, if you were going to go to the trouble of taking someone out, it would not be Cronk FFS.

And why would Bellamy complain???? His player stayed on the field despit a supposed head knock.

Had he whinged about the tackle it would have drawn attention to their rule flouting. Maybe Todd got on the blower to him and asked him not to mention the war....

POPEYE

Coach
Like Crocker and Slater on B. Stewart in the 2007 GF ?
Probably more like James Graham and his 'accidental' head clash on Sam Burgess at the start of the 2014 gf. Graham was most upset that Sam was allowed to stay on the field with a busted jaw and inspire the Rabbitohs to a win . . . it was f**king great to see shit like that backfire, just as it did in Melbourne on Sunday

If the position was reversed and a Storm player did the same to DCE I'd still be here crying foul . . . that's the difference between myself and Wankerland inhabitants

POPEYE

Coach
So your first sentence says you agree that teams should paly within the rules, but you are happy to have Cronk and the Storm ignore the rules.

I get your incredibly witty analogy with Boyd.

But the fact is the AFB was not a send off tackle any day of the week.

And once again, its not 1975, so you actually think AFB went out there with instructions to take Cronk out? Wake up.

As per your wank session over the accountant in another thread, if you were going to go to the trouble of taking someone out, it would not be Cronk FFS.

And why would Bellamy complain???? His player stayed on the field despit a supposed head knock.

Had he whinged about the tackle it would have drawn attention to their rule flouting. Maybe Todd got on the blower to him and asked him not to mention the war....
Twist it any way you like ol' mate, I never said your bloke tried to take out Cronk, a swinging arm was a send off offence when send offs were sufficient, the only time NSW has beaten Qld was when Cronk wasn't there so he would be the first player I'd take out and 'Bellamy not complaining' was a generalization . . . he doesn't usually complain

Were you one of the people screaming that Sam should've left the field in 2014 . . . I bet you were, regardless of the fact that Graham's 'accidental' head clashes were part of his arsenal . . . just my opinion but that sort of thing is for arseholes to condone

Saxon

Bench
How is it that AFB can get a Grade 2 charge for striking the head, but Coopy boy gets to stay on the field?

I thought these HIA tests were mandatory for head knocks? And if he had NO impact at all from the hit, why is it Grade 2?

Some rules apply to most, then others have their own set of rules... .

Nope, off-field HIA not mandatory.
All NRL head trainers are certified to the NRL's established standard for on-field assessment of potential concussion. If they assess the player and believe he is showing signs of concussion it's off to the HIA. If not the player may stay on the field and the club doctor is required to view video of the hit and immediate aftermath and consult with the trainer. If he believes the player is showing signs of concussion it's off to the HIA. If not the player may stay on the field.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Twist it any way you like ol' mate, I never said your bloke tried to take out Cronk, a swinging arm was a send off offence when send offs were sufficient, the only time NSW has beaten Qld was when Cronk wasn't there so he would be the first player I'd take out and 'Bellamy not complaining' was a generalization . . . he doesn't usually complain

Were you one of the people screaming that Sam should've left the field in 2014 . . . I bet you were, regardless of the fact that Graham's 'accidental' head clashes were part of his arsenal . . . just my opinion but that sort of thing is for arseholes to condone

Well Cronk was on the field when we pasted the drizzle 40 blot, Captain grapple wasn't.

Anyway.

Saxon

Bench
Sorry mate, a swinging arm like that to the head of a Manly player would've given Hartley all the excuse he needed any day of the week
More recent than that. Mander once did two in one game - Cowboys v Dogs maybe?

POPEYE

Coach
Well Cronk was on the field when we pasted the drizzle 40 blot, Captain grapple wasn't.

Anyway.
Storm couldn't beat the Rhinos in 2008 without Smith either . . . Manly>Rhinos

Anyway . . . it's not about Cronk or Burgess, it's about hurting/breaking a jaw without concussing the player . . . DCE must've been as disappointed as Graham was

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Probably more like James Graham and his 'accidental' head clash on Sam Burgess at the start of the 2014 gf. Graham was most upset that Sam was allowed to stay on the field with a busted jaw and inspire the Rabbitohs to a win . . . it was f**king great to see shit like that backfire, just as it did in Melbourne on Sunday

If the position was reversed and a Storm player did the same to DCE I'd still be here crying foul . . . that's the difference between myself and Wankerland inhabitants

So you think Graham intentionally collided heads with Burgess knowing he would time it perfectly to avoid any fracture himself? What remarkable skill.

And you also think AFB went out to intentionally hit Cronk high to take him out of the game?

Up the meds old fella.

POPEYE

Coach
So you think Graham intentionally collided heads with Burgess knowing he would time it perfectly to avoid any fracture himself? What remarkable skill.

And you also think AFB went out to intentionally hit Cronk high to take him out of the game?

Up the meds old fella.
Firstly, I'd like to apologise if I've upset you enough to ruin a friendship. You obviously don't take much notice of the way Graham plays, like all old-school front rowers he arrives at the tackle leading with his head, the part of it he knows will damage whatever it hits. He tackles like a pitchfork does a bale of hay . . . I've seen many a toilet door ruined the same way in pisshead masculinity contests

In the 2014 gf he tried it again on someone else but to less affect, can't remember who it was, after that Ben T'eo took charge of him. You are right it is a skill, not really remarkable, it comes from years of 'softening up periods' . . . Graham has little more in his repertoire than damaging the opposition. You know I wrote that I don't think AFB intentionally hit Cronk in the head with his swinging arm, he's probably not smart enough

First Grade
All I got from that is an image of an creepy old man hanging out in the toilets watching "masculinity contests".

POPEYE

Coach
All I got from that is an image of an creepy old man hanging out in the toilets watching "masculinity contests".
In that case you'd be wasting your time reading anything I write. I think it was the Stockade Hotel in Blacktown in '68 the last time I saw a toilet door destroyed in a headbutting exhibition. The same bloke tried it on me later but only a glancing blow, before I had time to react my mate punched his lights out . . . still, I can guarantee a well directed head will cause more damage than a fist

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Firstly, I'd like to apologise if I've upset you enough to ruin a friendship. You obviously don't take much notice of the way Graham plays, like all old-school front rowers he arrives at the tackle leading with his head, the part of it he knows will damage whatever it hits. He tackles like a pitchfork does a bale of hay . . . I've seen many a toilet door ruined the same way in pisshead masculinity contests

In the 2014 gf he tried it again on someone else but to less affect, can't remember who it was, after that Ben T'eo took charge of him. You are right it is a skill, not really remarkable, it comes from years of 'softening up periods' . . . Graham has little more in his repertoire than damaging the opposition. You know I wrote that I don't think AFB intentionally hit Cronk in the head with his swinging arm, he's probably not smart enough

Haha no friendship ruined old fella.

A heated argument every now and then is good for things.

On with the show.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
In that case you'd be wasting your time reading anything I write. I think it was the Stockade Hotel in Blacktown in '68 the last time I saw a toilet door destroyed in a headbutting exhibition. The same bloke tried it on me later but only a glancing blow, before I had time to react my mate punched his lights out . . . still, I can guarantee a well directed head will cause more damage than a fist
I agree
Head is better than fist