What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 membership renewal

glenndragon

Juniors
rec'd an email today, asking if I wish to renew my STI membership for 2017....after reading this forum over a period of time, would it be best to wait for a new coach before investing the hard earned to rejoin?

BrissyRedV

Bench
It's your decision to make. If you feel you get value from the membership program then go for it. Personally, I hate the direction the club has gone with zero accountability, several home grounds, poor on field and financial performance, poor recruitment and zero say as a member. I feel the only way change may be enacted is if enough members choose not to renew/join. At this stage as a member we have zero say other than choosing which cap we get or the purchase of a new piece of kit that should already have been provided.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Wake up and pay your membership.Why punish the players and our club because of a silly Board and int Coach.
I for one will be paying my famiy membership for 2017.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Wake up and pay your membership.Why punish the players and our club because of a silly Board and int Coach.
I for one will be paying my famiy membership for 2017.
His choice to make, not yours. Good on you for renewing but the direction the club is going is not to everyone's satisfaction.

Just on a side bar, one can still choose to attend games as a non-member, so how does not renewing ones membership effect the players?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It is entirely the choice of the individual.

I for one have not been renewing the entire Red V package for years, only renewing it for Kogarah.

This year I will not be renewing my Red V membership at all.

But I will be still buying tickets to go to Kogarah. I'll either do this online or on match day. The way I figure it, the NRL and the Club have done so much damage to our home support base that it shouldn't be too hard to get a ticket.

This decision didn't happen overnight. It began some years ago when the club started taking games away from Kogarah. The tipping point was when they started moving games mid-season... and then at late notice. My decision to boycott the neutral venues was already in place when the ridiculous RGRV 'strategy' was announced. The NRL and neutral venues, in an effort to go into competition against our home ground, gave away free tickets with opposition supporters often gaining the benefit. It never made any sense to me.

And then there's the extraordinary attitude that exists in management. The way the coach was appointed, the arrogance towards the fans... the shenanigans both on and off the field. FTR, I can handle a few poor seasons but I can't hack what looks a complete lack of concern for the heritage and integrity of the Club, as well as the lack of management insight into future planning. IMO, an inept coach and out-of-form players are the least of our worries.

I will however continue to renew my St George Leagues Club membership, as they still are a major shareholder in the JV. I do this in the hope that one day there will be enough LC members who can vote in order to remind the incumbents that there is actually an opposition.

Red V for life

Juniors
Got my email too.

"Belong, Connect, Commit" the slogan for the 2017 membership drive.

May I suggest "Endure, Pray, Survive" would be more appropriate.

This time last year I was chomping at the bit so impressed was I at the gutsy effort put up by the team against the Dogs in week 1 of the finals. Not this year.

Being an interstate supporter, I'm a non-ticketed member. I may sign up again, but at this point I don't know.

PerthDragon

Juniors
I agree with not renewing either. When I got my phone call I also stated when the coach and hopefully the useless board are gone then I will sign up again straight away.
Have been an interstate member for 10yrs now but no more....Not until Super Coach is gone at least!! and our once great club shows some balls again, and become "The Mighty Red V" that we bloody well should be.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Aargh. I know the majority of people here are correct. But I love being part of the club, even if it is a pretty meaningless and superficial part. I feel like crap. Not renewing, for now anyway.

Simon

Juniors
For me, I'm going to renew despite the problems. Hurting the club financially while yes it can gain attention it also has the potential to permanently end the club.

If I didn't renew and something occurred where the Dragons weren't in the top flight I'd regret it for all time.

I've done the below to express my displeasure;-
  • Rang the club and turned off my auto renew option.
  • Had the opportunity to tell someone my reasons 'why'. I know the person I spoke with doesn't have the power to enact change but it felt good.
About a month before the season starts I'll renew but hopefully the numbers will be low enough to get the point across to the people that count.

For me, I'm going to renew despite the problems. Hurting the club financially while yes it can gain attention it also has the potential to permanently end the club.

If I didn't renew and something occurred where the Dragons weren't in the top flight I'd regret it for all time.

I've done the below to express my displeasure;-
  • Rang the club and turned off my auto renew option.
  • Had the opportunity to tell someone my reasons 'why'. I know the person I spoke with doesn't have the power to enact change but it felt good.
About a month before the season starts I'll renew but hopefully the numbers will be low enough to get the point across to the people that count.

Silly Simon.

Straight Shooter

duck

Juniors
rec'd an email today, asking if I wish to renew my STI membership for 2017....after reading this forum over a period of time, would it be best to wait for a new coach before investing the hard earned to rejoin?
Not sure why you're asking strangers what you should do with your own money.

You have a brain. Your decision alone.

thebigredv

First Grade
I can handle a few poor seasons but I can't hack what looks a complete lack of concern for the heritage and integrity of the Club, as well as the lack of management insight into future planning. IMO, an inept coach and out-of-form players are the least of our worries.

Very well put. Exactly how I feel.

I'd urge anyone renewing to reconsider. You are perhaps doing more damage than good. We have to vote with our wallet.