What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 membership renewal

BennyV

Referee
Your arrogance knows no bounds.
One cares not for fair weathers of your ilk that still cannot complete a post without an insult.
As for the rest....well, I see peoples rights to renew or depart as their entitlement.
Funny thing though...people will complain about many, many things about our club and wonder why we have become the poor cousins of the NRL. Maybe when you add up the number of people that don't wish to contribute to the club in a financial way and see the impact in the following years with funding cuts to certain areas of operations, they might understand the impact of their decisions. Still...it's their right, right.
Grrrrr, those pesky fans. Always getting in the way of the good and honourable work those angels on the board are trying to do! Always expecting success and premierships every year.

BrissyRedV

Bench
One cares not for fair weathers of your ilk that still cannot complete a post without an insult.
As for the rest....well, I see peoples rights to renew or depart as their entitlement.
Funny thing though...people will complain about many, many things about our club and wonder why we have become the poor cousins of the NRL. Maybe when you add up the number of people that don't wish to contribute to the club in a financial way and see the impact in the following years with funding cuts to certain areas of operations, they might understand the impact of their decisions. Still...it's their right, right.
Funnily enough, we started becoming the "poor cousins" of the NRL around 2012/2013 after a poor appointment by the board and some very poor staffing decisions. We had over 19000 members at the time. The board has since repeated the same mistake, had to get financial support from the NRL and looks to be continuing down the path of destruction and this has all been regardless of membership numbers. I will not continue to be a statistic for them whilst they continue to run the club into the ground. It is their fault we are on this path not the fans. Don't serve me a shit sandwich and expect me to buy it.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Give me a break! That is a pathetic excuse.

Although I answered this within these cloisters elsewhere (and don't need to re-justify my position), my 'excuse' isn't "pathetic " if you were to empathise with my special circumstances.

Some folk seemingly suffer from myopia.

Old Timer

Coach
Yes there is:

Non renewal is a desperate vote for change. Renewal gives support to mismanagement and mediocrity.

The distinction between right and wrong is crystal clear.

I have no respect whatsoever for those who a wrong on this issue.

We're not talking opinions here, we're talking facts.

Straight Shooter
OV
In reality IMO there are 2 known facts in this matter.

1. There is that no guarantee that reduced membership will in fact result in any worthwhile change at all or force the NRL to do anything.

2. There is no guarantee that reduced membership will harm the club or players.

Both sides of this argument are trying to claim the moral high ground but there is no guarantees of either being correct.

If reduced membership resulted in no change and the loss of the franchise, would that in fact make it the correct decision?

The unknown in all of this is what action will actually force change.

One apparent answer to that is if enough eligible members were garnered together to vote against the current board then you would in fact achieve some change but of course the candidacy pool may in fact make little difference at all.

Now some will say too hard to get that many votes due to apathy.

Another apparent answer is that if the playing group rebelled against Mary the board would have to take heed of them.

Now some will say that won't happen as the players need to earn a quid and don't want to get a black mark against them if they need to go to another club.

So the conundrum therefore becomes if the greater part of the membership and the greater part of the playing group are not willing to push for change what hope for the people who post on this forum?

The one last possible answer I can see is don't turn up to games, don't watch the games on TV and potentially don't post on the forum and don't do face book or twitter or the likes in relation to the club.

Perhaps complete silence is an option but alas I believe it would just become point 3 above as again there are no guarantees such actions will achieve anything.

So on that basis I still believe there are no rights or wrongs but it would be different if we were actually assured of an outcome.

I am yet to see any issue that this board or coaching group are willing to take particular notice of except paying lip service when and where necessary.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
OV
In reality IMO there are 2 known facts in this matter.

1. There is that no guarantee that reduced membership will in fact result in any worthwhile change at all or force the NRL to do anything.

2. There is no guarantee that reduced membership will harm the club or players.

Both sides of this argument are trying to claim the moral high ground but there is no guarantees of either being correct.

If reduced membership resulted in no change and the loss of the franchise, would that in fact make it the correct decision?

The unknown in all of this is what action will actually force change.

One apparent answer to that is if enough eligible members were garnered together to vote against the current board then you would in fact achieve some change but of course the candidacy pool may in fact make little difference at all.

Now some will say too hard to get that many votes due to apathy.

Another apparent answer is that if the playing group rebelled against Mary the board would have to take heed of them.

Now some will say that won't happen as the players need to earn a quid and don't want to get a black mark against them if they need to go to another club.

So the conundrum therefore becomes if the greater part of the membership and the greater part of the playing group are not willing to push for change what hope for the people who post on this forum?

The one last possible answer I can see is don't turn up to games, don't watch the games on TV and potentially don't post on the forum and don't do face book or twitter or the likes in relation to the club.

Perhaps complete silence is an option but alas I believe it would just become point 3 above as again there are no guarantees such actions will achieve anything.

So on that basis I still believe there are no rights or wrongs but it would be different if we were actually assured of an outcome.

I am yet to see any issue that this board or coaching group are willing to take particular notice of except paying lip service when and where necessary.

You're bang on the money with yout opening 'salvos' re: points one and two.

A perfect preamble preceding an insightful and well composed post, OT.

Out of curiosity, when Mr Geoff Carr tried his ill advised merger foray with Eastern Suburbs circa 1995, were there conversations of overthrowing the Board and/or boycotting games?

I don't think there was.

No from memory, if anything more fans TURNED up (particularly at Kogarah Oval) to vent their collective spleens at a motion tantamount to heresy.

Carry on those who believe it's prudent to disavow the Club by the renouncement of memberships and the like.

It's certain to have the effect you covet*

(*No, it won't)

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
Paying our membership is a bit like being a stakeholder, which generally gets you some say in the stake. I will not be renewing membership because I, along with all my other stakeholders have been totally ignored by the board who in the meantime (along with the coach) are failing the company, yes company in a big way. Anywhere else they would have been outed long ago.

grouch

First Grade
Standard MO of Jubilebarbrady and the inept board he is so fawning in his sycophancy of: "it's all the fans' fault".

Disgraceful

FlameThrower

Bench
Out of interest checked official Dragons site and membership is up to 667, meanwhile at the Knights - following their own worst season ever and 1 win in 2016 / they have clocked up 6137.
Surely every alarm bell should be ringing loud and clear by now???

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Out of interest checked official Dragons site and membership is up to 667, meanwhile at the Knights - following their own worst season ever and 1 win in 2016 / they have clocked up 6137.

If true....and I have no reason to disbelieve you....this is beyond catastrophic.

glenndragon

Juniors
You can't say the club hasn't been warned... also the difference between Newcastle and STGI is that the knights only have one home ground.....the dissatisfaction of the coach and board is not the only contributing factor.

since77

Juniors
You can't say the club hasn't been warned... also the difference between Newcastle and STGI is that the knights only have one home ground.....the dissatisfaction of the coach and board is not the only contributing factor.

The other difference is the Knights just finished wooden spooners, and a repeat of that is completely possible. Yet our renewals are 10% of theirs. Those numbers would see most boards removed.

grouch

First Grade
The other difference is the Knights just finished wooden spooners, and a repeat of that is completely possible. Yet our renewals are 10% of theirs. Those numbers would see most boards removed.
Yep, you'd think Customer Retention would be a key measure of any management's performance. In the real world, that is, not the Dragons Brand Fantasyland

since77

Juniors
Yep, you'd think Customer Retention would be a key measure of any management's performance. In the real world, that is, not the Dragons Brand Fantasyland

There is no evidence there are any management performance standards being measured.......they're run like a local council - entrenched and entitled power with no one to answer to.

Another reason to get an experienced Coach on Board.

If (big if) Hasler was to sign on as Head Coach for next year that 667 would go to 10,000 in a week.

Can someone put out a recruitment add for someone to lend a hand for the member renewal and sign up team as those couple of people will be busy again.

Memberships going up would pay out McGregor salary for next year overnight.

Latest posts