What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 membership renewal

FlameThrower

Bench
Dragons Reach 5,000 Red V Members!
Fri 21st October, 03:00PM
A A

The St George Illawarra Dragons are proud to announce that they have passed through 5,000 Red V Members for the 2017 season, just over two weeks since the launch of the improved program.

By becoming a Red V Member you can belong, connect and commit to your Club, and become an integral part of the Dragons.

Thank you to all the Red V Members who have already renewed or are Marching With Us for the first time in 2017!

Here is what some of our Red V Members love about the program:

“I love my Red V Membership because it lets me feel like part of the team! I have been a member for nine years and will continue to be in the future! Also love the merchandise discounts and feeling like I am contributing the club the best way I can” (Ashley Allen).

“Being a part of an extended family and the great people you meet...” (Robyn Thimoson).

“Red V is all about great people coming together to show our mutual love for the Dragons through the highs and lows” (Alex Suttie).

“I love that it allows the family go to all games at a good price as well as get discounts on all our favorite gear” (Hayley Clarke).

Members Choice is back in 2017 – you can make your choice between the popular ISC Members Cap and the new and exclusive Dragons Member Scarf - or for the young at heart a Kids Pack with Bucket Hat, Drawstring sports bag, autograph book and lanyard.

New in 2017 is the option to purchase an additional Member Benefit Item – so if you love your ISC Member Cap but also want to keep warm with the Members scarf, you can select one and purchase the other as an additional item.

Don’t forget to select your Members Choice item purchasing your Red V Membership.

In 2017 the enhanced Red V program features improvements based directly on feedback from Members to deliver greater flexibility, increased value and an expanded loyalty program.

Exclusive Member benefits remain the foundation of Member investment, including the best value tickets, savings on merchandise, access to players, exclusive member events and exclusive benefit items together with all that is new in 2017.

There is a Red V Member package to suit everyone.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/10/21/dragons_reach_5_000_.af_news.html

There is a package to suit everyone...No there isn't..where is the JD coach package/Mary gone package.
5000 - must be looking at a different team, different results and interaction with the Club and fans....what do these people see that we can't ?

FlameThrower

Bench
For those that have made the decision to renew, are there any of us who don't like the colours chosen for next year's cap (I.e. predominately black)?

I remember a time when 'red and white' used to play a significant part in the Dragons' identity (let alone any other club).

Nowadays, it seems as though the Club wants to pay homage to the former North Sydney Bears while acquiescing to the Sydney Swans.

Can anyone think of any other NRL team that markets itself so heavily using non traditional means?

I can't.
I wish that was our biggest drama....the membership pack !!!!

Dea

Juniors
I'm not renewing. I want the club to do well but I don't believe it is acting in its best interest. I re-read the "apology" letter that states this years Performance was not good enough but proceeds to not really do anything to correct the cause of the problem except pass blame to others. I read again about the stupid consult group that has no real power but exists in part to improve the coaches performance and still have disbelief over the statement that P McGregor is a good coach, although they have just brought a team in because he isn't a good coach!?
I just can't support a club hierarchy that knows the coach is not good enough, acknowledges the performance of the team is below acceptable standards, but continues with everything the same anyway.
I love my club - I hate what they are doing to it.
I want my team to do well - but they play footy that is boring to watch
I have hope for the players - the coach has proven to kill all hope.

When McGregor is removed from his position as coach I'll reconsider my financial support of the club as a member. I do not support him or what the board is doing to the club. As I don't have the power to vote in the board this appears the best way for me to make a statement against the club commitment to "jobs for the boys" & acceptance of poor performance.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
I'm not renewing. I want the club to do well but I don't believe it is acting in its best interest. I re-read the "apology" letter that states this years Performance was not good enough but proceeds to not really do anything to correct the cause of the problem except pass blame to others. I read again about the stupid consult group that has no real power but exists in part to improve the coaches performance and still have disbelief over the statement that P McGregor is a good coach, although they have just brought a team in because he isn't a good coach!?
I just can't support a club hierarchy that knows the coach is not good enough, acknowledges the performance of the team is below acceptable standards, but continues with everything the same anyway.
I love my club - I hate what they are doing to it.
I want my team to do well - but they play footy that is boring to watch
I have hope for the players - the coach has proven to kill all hope.

When McGregor is removed from his position as coach I'll reconsider my financial support of the club as a member. I do not support him or what the board is doing to the club. As I don't have the power to vote in the board this appears the best way for me to make a statement against the club commitment to "jobs for the boys" & acceptance of poor performance.
hasler will on board in 2018. mary needs to win 6 from 8 to start the season and hasler needs to win a premiership, i think he will be signed mid season for 2018. watch this space.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Great to see the figure at 5000 which is a good effort by the solid supporters of our great club and not fair weather fans.
Yeah mate,good on you for a being a "real" supporter just because you renewed.
Whatever helps you sleep at night!
Im quite content with my decision not to at this stage because im sick of accepting mediocrity and im positive many others are as well.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
That's funny. By your definition I am a fair weather fan.

Hey, didn't you say just last week that you would stop supporting the club if JD left? Yes, I think you did...

You have a right to do whatever you feel is right.
And no one should judge you.
Good on you willow you stick to your guns

Last edited:

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Great to see the figure at 5000 which is a good effort by the solid supporters of our great club and not fair weather fans.

We are not fair weather supporters.

We love our great club and we are taking a stance to force the club to change. Nobody wants to do this. This is our only leverage. They closed down the democratic voting for the Board many years ago.

Blame the Board for our actions not the average working class man. Remember other revolutions in history like the French Revolution - the people revolted and stood up to tyranny.

If you want to attack your peers for trying to make this club better then you are a bigger idiot than McGreedy.

Dakink

Bench
I am not a fair weather supporter.... i have followed this club from the early 80's..highs and lows and have always supported the club.

Not renewing us the only way I can show my disaggreance with the way we are being run. Both as a football team and as a club.

I will still go to the Dragons games on the GC and in Brisvegas, will still fly my flag outside my campsite and wear my jersey proudly, even if we are running last.

What I wont do anymore is condone the behaviour of our board and coaching staff but renewing my membership.

My decision is mine alone. I dont judge others that do. Dont judge others that dont. What does upset me is when someone insults my intelligence and calls me a "Fair weather fan" purely on the basis of the fact I am not renewing my membership. With the way our club is set up, this is my only effective means of protest and in a democratic society I am exercising my right. It has nothing to do with my support of the teamn or our players.

People can change and can alter the paths they tread. However until I see the nefarious behaviour of the board alter and our coaching structures become more effective I wont be renenwing.

Gareth67

First Grade
Membership Renewal and being a Dragon supporter ?

Bit like being in a storm without an umbrella - just because you DONT have an umbrella , doesn't mean you wish to
get wet !

5000 resigned , good luck to those supporters , and to those who have not renewed , once again , good luck - it is a personal choice .

The las t thing we need is to tell one another what we should be doing .

As should that ever occur , we will be telling each other who to vote for at the next federal election , Labour , Liberal or that beautiful red-haired Fish and Chip shop owner !

Lord Forbid !

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
FD
Your slight on non members is ill founded
Nowhere does it say that club or Red V membership is compulsory to be a fan.
I don't doubt that some consider that to be the case but if I remember correctly we fought a lot of wars to protect the rights of individuals
Many see no imminent threat to our club where others believe it under siege so both sides will react differently
If no one was a member and the club continued on or if everyone was a member and the club morphed or closed ior vice versa is the only way anyone would know what was the correct action and we all know that those scenarios will never happen
So each to his own

BennyV

Referee
I am not a fair weather supporter.... i have followed this club from the early 80's..highs and lows and have always supported the club.

Not renewing us the only way I can show my disaggreance with the way we are being run. Both as a football team and as a club.

I will still go to the Dragons games on the GC and in Brisvegas, will still fly my flag outside my campsite and wear my jersey proudly, even if we are running last.

What I wont do anymore is condone the behaviour of our board and coaching staff but renewing my membership.

My decision is mine alone. I dont judge others that do. Dont judge others that dont. What does upset me is when someone insults my intelligence and calls me a "Fair weather fan" purely on the basis of the fact I am not renewing my membership. With the way our club is set up, this is my only effective means of protest and in a democratic society I am exercising my right. It has nothing to do with my support of the teamn or our players.

People can change and can alter the paths they tread. However until I see the nefarious behaviour of the board alter and our coaching structures become more effective I wont be renenwing.
Sort of agree, depends on reasoning.

I wouldnt judge people who renew to keep their seats, or who renew because its got a special meaning (going to games with particular family members).

I have an issue with people who renew because "thats what real fans do" while looking down from their high horse at those who arent renewing out of protest. Likewise, those who renew because "just support the club" or "if we dont renew, the club will be worse off", which basically lays the blame for the issues of the club at the feet of the supporters. Also, I judge the hell out of anyone who considers non renewers as 'fair weather fans'.

Those people can go f**k themselves.

Zucchini

Juniors
Fair weather fan? I suspect I've been supporting them for longer than you have and much more of my hard earned has been contributed. Give yourself an uppercut, you sanctimonious git!