What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Membership

3 Days To Go: Your Milestones Matter Too!

Fri 7th October, 04:03PM

1475730212347.jpg

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2016/10/07/_3_days_to_go_your_m.html

We Have Fantastic Members: Blake Solly

Thu 6th October, 11:37AM

South Sydney Rabbitohs CEO, Blake Solly, spoke to Rabbitohs Media about his move to the Club and the tasks that he has focused on in his first season.

Solly joined the Club in May after working with the Super League in the UK where he says the challenges he faces as a Rugby League administrator are very similar.

“The challenges are the same,” said Solly.

“How can you make sure that your fans and Members feel as close to the Club as they possibly can, how can you get as many of them going to a game as you possibly can when the TV product keeps getting better and better and also how do we make sure that our Corporate Partners and our Commercial Partners are satisfied and serviced as they should be?”

Solly believes that the current Rabbitohs Membership model is great and hopes to build on it for the 2017 season through listening to the Club’s Members.

“I think we’ve got a great Membership model at the moment, we have fantastic Members.

“To get over 32k members this year is a fantastic achievement for the Club.

“I think Membership is changing though and one of the things we have been really keen to do since I started was to listen to the Members more,

“We’ve done the focus groups, we’ve done the fan surveys and what we are going to do is listen to what those Members have said, change our Membership offering a little bit for 2017 and make sure it’s got more of the things that the Members want to see involved in it.”

View the full interview with Solly in the video player above.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2016/10/06/we_have_fantastic_me.af_news.html

Pommy

Coach
I will rejoin before xmas but I find it hard to get excited about going to the game whilst were in an 80,000 stadium with 12,000 people. I actually much prefer trips to Penrith and Brookvale.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I will rejoin before xmas but I find it hard to get excited about going to the game whilst were in an 80,000 stadium with 12,000 people. I actually much prefer trips to Penrith and Brookvale.
I'm the opposite.

It's our home ground and I like it at ANZ with 12,000 (mainly passionates there).

I'm used to ANZ as well.

Pommy

Coach
I'm the opposite.

It's our home ground and I like it at ANZ with 12,000 (mainly passionates there).

I'm used to ANZ as well.

If you had grown up in a stadium packed to the rafters with 50,000 people every other week I feel you would have a different view. (football not league mind)

alien

Referee
It would be awesome if our billionaire part-owner James Packer built a modern 30,000 seat stadium for the Rabbitohs. It could be built in the area where Redfern Oval / Redfern Park are now (if there's enough room) - only a short walk from Redfern Railway Station!

It would be awesome if our billionaire part-owner James Packer built a modern 30,000 seat stadium for the Rabbitohs. It could be built in the area where Redfern Oval / Redfern Park are now (if there's enough room) - only a short walk from Redfern Railway Station!

I could live with that.

Pommy

Coach

It would never happen. You would never get planning permission to build a brand new 30,000 seater stadium in a residential area. If Redfern oval had never gone then maybe but never now.
We should just move back to Allianz once the lift rail is up and running it won't be such a pain to get to and from.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It would never happen. You would never get planning permission to build a brand new 30,000 seater stadium in a residential area. If Redfern oval had never gone then maybe but never now.
We should just move back to Allianz once the lift rail is up and running it won't be such a pain to get to and from.
Most of our members live closer to ANZ than Allianz.

It would be stupid and would decrease our membership numbers.

I don't think the club will do what you want.

Pommy

Coach
Most of our members live closer to ANZ than Allianz.

It would be stupid and would decrease our membership numbers.

I don't think the club will do what you want.

Great we can keep playing in an empty stadium with no atmosphere. Thats the way to build a membership base.
To be honest I couldn't give a shit about membership numbers as its totally meaningless. I would much rather see an increase in fans that get out and back the team than worry about the number of people who bought a cap and keyring.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Great we can keep playing in an empty stadium with no atmosphere. Thats the way to build a membership base.
To be honest I couldn't give a shit about membership numbers as its totally meaningless. I would much rather see an increase in fans that get out and back the team than worry about the number of people who bought a cap and keyring.
ANZ still has good atmosphere on levels 1 and 2.

To me membership numbers is very very important. It's vital that we keep giving our money to the club.

There wouldn't be an increase in fans at Allianz.

I don't think you understand the majority of our members can't afford living near the City and have moved out west.

Russell Crowe to has said a couple of years ago in the paper that we won't be moving from ANZ and rightly so. Lucky you're not in charge.

Go on Pommy tell the ones who marched to get us back in that membership isn't important. Tell Richo it's not important and he'd be disgusted and say you don't know the true meaning of our club. Richo would write you an essay on why membership is important.

Pommy

Coach
ANZ still has good atmosphere on levels 1 and 2.

To me membership numbers is very very important. It's vital that we keep giving our money to the club.

There wouldn't be an increase in fans at Allianz.

I don't think you understand the majority of our members can't afford living near the City and have moved out west.

Russell Crowe to has said a couple of years ago in the paper that we won't be moving from ANZ and rightly so. Lucky you're not in charge.

Go on Pommy tell the ones who marched to get us back in that membership isn't important. Tell Richo it's not important and he'd be disgusted and say you don't know the true meaning of our club. Richo would write you an essay on why membership is important.

Your such a f**kwitted merkin do you know that? Read the post I said I couldn't give a shit about membership. I couldn't, I want a decent crowd I couldn't give a f**k about how many member 2017 caps are out there when people don't bother going to games it's menaingless. When they introduce a the cap on offield expenses (which is coming) it will mean even less as we will be hamstrung by the weakest team so won't be able to spend the money anyway. But we will still have a shite atmosphere in the stadium. There isn't a good atmosphere for most of our games at ANZ your either totally delusional or just a flat liar to even claim such a thing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Your such a f**kwitted merkin do you know that? Read the post I said I couldn't give a shit about membership. I couldn't, I want a decent crowd I couldn't give a f**k about how many member 2017 caps are out there when people don't bother going to games it's menaingless. When they introduce a the cap on offield expenses (which is coming) it will mean even less as we will be hamstrung by the weakest team so won't be able to spend the money anyway. But we will still have a shite atmosphere in the stadium. There isn't a good atmosphere for most of our games at ANZ your either totally delusional or just a flat liar to even claim such a thing.
Looks like I hit a nerve.

You know I'm right and you gave me the reply I wanted.

Lucky you don't sit in my bay, they all say how vital members of our great club are.

Go on and tell them in the burrow you couldn't give a shit about membership. They'd throw you out of the burrow.

People who can't get to games but are members isnt meaningless. Their membership supports the club in the best way possible and they're a part of the family.

I think most of our members are used to ANZ and will agree we have a very good atmosphere on levels 1 and 2. Just pretend all the upper levels aren't there.

I know the players love the atmosphere us members create on the lower levels.

Pommy

Coach
Looks like I hit a nerve.

You know I'm right and you gave me the reply I wanted.

Lucky you don't sit in my bay, they all say how vital members of our great club are.

Go on and tell them in the burrow you couldn't give a shit about membership. They'd throw you out of the burrow.

People who can't get to games but are members isnt meaningless. Their membership supports the club in the best way possible and they're a part of the family.

I think most of our members are used to ANZ and will agree we have a very good atmosphere on levels 1 and 2. Just pretend all the upper levels aren't there.

I know the players love the atmosphere us members create on the lower levels.

I sit in the burrow and the feeling seems to be it's laughable we have 35,000 members and no sod at the game.
So which is it delusion or just a liar? What makes you know what the players think? Because they said so? It's a business you've got to keep your customers happy.

alien

Referee
I don't think we'll be moving from ANZ Stadium either. They've said we have more members in western Sydney these days than in the South Sydney area. The best way to improve atmosphere at ANZ Stadium is to increase the attendance there. There are thousands of empty seats in the general admission areas behind the posts and near the try line, so they should just make those general admission tickets dirt cheap, even if you buy those tickets at the stadium on game day. ANZ Stadium being upgraded will improve the atmosphere a bit too, and the attendances will also be less affected by wet weather because of the retractable roof the stadium is getting.

Pommy

Coach
I don't think we'll be moving from ANZ Stadium either. They've said we have more members in western Sydney these days than in the South Sydney area. The best way to improve atmosphere at ANZ Stadium is to increase the attendance there. There are thousands of empty seats in the general admission areas behind the posts and near the try line, so they should just make those general admission tickets dirt cheap, even if you buy those tickets at the stadium on game day. ANZ Stadium being upgraded will improve the atmosphere a bit too, and the attendances will also be less affected by wet weather because of the retractable roof the stadium is getting.

Oh I don't think we will, infact I know we won't. But we should.
Mate tickets are dirt cheap already. Plenty of times there's family tickets for $40 or $50. Christ if you took the kids to McDonald's you wouldn't get much change from that.
I can't see the roof making much difference I know it's not all covered but if it does rain it's never an issue getting a seat that is. I do hope the rebuild improves it by being closer and feeling less empty but if not sure how well that will work over actually just being in a smaller stadium.
If I'm getting the train from Liverpool to Homebush I don't see it as much more hassle to go to central then Moore Park by light rail. It would be brilliant if there was a smaller option out west. I would prefer a move to the new Para stadium than remain at ANZ.