What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Membership

BillyBigDusters

Juniors
Yeah that seems realistic and if it was likely we could then move back to ANZ.

Its just irrelevant how many empty seats are there

my initial statement stands

we have grown the club in every facet that matters whilst playing out of ANZ
it would be madness & shear folly to upset the momentum without concrete evidence that our business won't suffer

Pommy

Coach
Its just irrelevant how many empty seats are there

my initial statement stands

we have grown the club in every facet that matters whilst playing out of ANZ
it would be madness & shear folly to upset the momentum without concrete evidence that our business won't suffer

Irrelevant to you. Plenty of people don't like sitting in an empty stadium with no atmosphere.
Why would a move to Para upset that momentum?
You say the club has grown, but the sport has grown in every facet and the club inperticular was at a pretty low place to measure from.
You will never convince me I should just accept that we play in an empty stadium with no atmosphere. You may not have the same feeling and that's fine but it doesn't make mine wrong.

BillyBigDusters

Juniors
Irrelevant to you. Plenty of people don't like sitting in an empty stadium with no atmosphere.
Why would a move to Para upset that momentum?
You say the club has grown, but the sport has grown in every facet and the club inperticular was at a pretty low place to measure from.
You will never convince me I should just accept that we play in an empty stadium with no atmosphere. You may not have the same feeling and that's fine but it doesn't make mine wrong.

you're like a broken record, is that all you have??? the atmosphere doesn't suit you?

Atmosphere & game day experience is something you can work on, build up, rejig etc

The largest membership in the comp, the most impressive corporate partnership portfolio, a stadium that guarantees us a very good profit regardless of crowd, corporate facilities that are second to none, one of only a few clubs that makes a profit & thats without a leagues club, these are positives that are growing & we can't jeopardise, we won't get the same deal at Parra, it will have tenants, we have an incredible array of positives & your biggest concern is empty fecking seats???

Pommy

Coach
you're like a broken record, is that all you have??? the atmosphere doesn't suit you?

Atmosphere & game day experience is something you can work on, build up, rejig etc

The largest membership in the comp, the most impressive corporate partnership portfolio, a stadium that guarantees us a very good profit regardless of crowd, corporate facilities that are second to none, one of only a few clubs that makes a profit & thats without a leagues club, these are positives that are growing & we can't jeopardise, we won't get the same deal at Parra, it will have tenants, we have an incredible array of positives & your biggest concern is empty fecking seats???

We haven't got the largest membership.
When they bring in the cap on off field expenditure what good is all this corporate stuff? We won't be able to spend any more than the Titans.
Empty seats and lack of attendance shite match day experience bar what's on the pitch. We have different priorities why can't you just accept that.

BillyBigDusters

Juniors
We haven't got the largest membership.
When they bring in the cap on off field expenditure what good is all this corporate stuff? We won't be able to spend any more than the Titans.
Empty seats and lack of attendance shite match day experience bar what's on the pitch. We have different priorities why can't you just accept that.

so we were a few thousand behind the Broncos as of halfway through last season, we were ahead of them the two years previous, its daylight third

you're not very bright, the off field expenditure will not count for everything, it may go towards coaches, staff etc, there is bucketloads of technology & training facilities that some clubs already have that we are targeting now, plus a centre of excellence, any kind of off field salary cap is nowhere near cut & dry, we're still in the business of being successful & making money whilst winning footy games

perhaps you don't remember the bad old days, perhaps you don't have a clear picture of the history of this club, what we are achieving now is unprecedented, many factors have contributed to this, we have a pretty good formula going & some pretty good operators running the show, you don't mess with that

But you're not concerned, you're worried about friggin empty seats & no bastard will serenade you or tell you that you ate all the bloody pies :rolleyes:

Pommy

Coach
so we were a few thousand behind the Broncos as of halfway through last season, we were ahead of them the two years previous, its daylight third

you're not very bright, the off field expenditure will not count for everything, it may go towards coaches, staff etc, there is bucketloads of technology & training facilities that some clubs already have that we are targeting now, plus a centre of excellence, any kind of off field salary cap is nowhere near cut & dry, we're still in the business of being successful & making money whilst winning footy games

perhaps you don't remember the bad old days, perhaps you don't have a clear picture of the history of this club, what we are achieving now is unprecedented, many factors have contributed to this, we have a pretty good formula going & some pretty good operators running the show, you don't mess with that

But you're not concerned, you're worried about friggin empty seats & no bastard will serenade you or tell you that you ate all the bloody pies :rolleyes:

This history of this club and what we're achiveing now is unprecedented? What the most successful club in the sport of rugby league being successful is unprecedented? Yet your saying I'm not very bright? What a dead set f**k wit.

ANZ stadium is a good fit for us. We won't be going anywhere anytime soon. They have looked after us from the day we signed up there and the club has grown on and off the field since we've been associated with them.

On the flip side, the SCG trust treated us like a bastard cousin and screwed us over at every opportunity. Its only been in the last few years where they've realised the mistake that they made in backing the cocks over us that they've come to us with cap in hand looking for forgiveness.

f**k them I say. The SFS is a shit facility with terrible transport links and inadequate parking. Even after this tin pot light rail goes in, it's still going to be rubbish.

Pommy

Coach
ANZ stadium is a good fit for us. We won't be going anywhere anytime soon. They have looked after us from the day we signed up there and the club has grown on and off the field since we've been associated with them.

On the flip side, the SCG trust treated us like a bastard cousin and screwed us over at every opportunity. Its only been in the last few years where they've realised the mistake that they made in backing the cocks over us that they've come to us with cap in hand looking for forgiveness.

f**k them I say. The SFS is a shit facility with terrible transport links and inadequate parking. Even after this tin pot light rail goes in, it's still going to be rubbish.

Of course they've been good to us they deal up a shite product people lap it up and they're laughing.
They have to keep us happy we're the only mugs who play all our games there.

alien

Referee
They have to keep us happy we're the only mugs who play all our games there.

We play 9 out of 12 home games there.

I think Bulldogs play all of their home games there, except for 1 or 2 games at Belmore.

Until the NRL streamline the memberships so that there is transparency between non-ticketed, ticketed [one game, three games, six games, 12 games] and supporter memberships, then we're never going to be comparing apples with apples. Even with our 30k members, I want them to be all ridgy didge.

Furthermore, I've been a member the whole time we've been at ANZ. I can't believe we've had 11 seasons there. And we won a comp there. I still pinch myself. I prefer ANZ for transport, parking, and everything else. If the new design is better for RL, it'll be great. So many of the members there don't even come from South Sydney. Blacktown, Liverpool, Campbelltown, Narellen, Newcastle, Central Coast, South Coast, Canberra.

That said, 2016 was the first year I didn't have designated seats but Gen Admission. But I told the club that due to NRL / TV scheduling, that was the way it was going to be. I still had reciprocal rights for other games and attended them. So for the three games we get $$$ to play interstate, its offset by reciprocal games. More Sydney clubs should be doing this too. I'd go to Para, Kogarah, Manly, Penrith, Roosters...if there were reciprocal rights. But if they had reciprocal rights at ANZ by Para, Saints... (as well as Dogs, Tigers) I'd be there every time.

BillyBigDusters

Juniors
This history of this club and what we're achiveing now is unprecedented? What the most successful club in the sport of rugby league being successful is unprecedented? Yet your saying I'm not very bright? What a dead set f**k wit.

the fact that we're making money, you dumb turd

do you think we made money any year in the past? the players have always played for a pittance, we had a leagues club to help us, we had the juniors to help them

use your brain you ignorant dick

BillyBigDusters

Juniors
Will someone go to ANZ with this pommy mug & sing a few football ditties to him?

maybe he'll relent & enjoy the footy

you know, "you ate all the pies, you fat bastard" "who are ya, who are ya, who are ya" that kind of thing