What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NRL Club Membership

taipan

Referee
Typical childish reaction. Bury your head in the sand if you like but this year is plateauing, either needs some new initiatives to keep the great gains made going or acceptance we have hit our ceiling. Now if they'd just share how may are reasonable ticketed memberships make up that number we'd have an even better picture of the reality.

" Childish reaction" LOL.This coming from the the guy who promotes the most immature commentary about the Sharks one could ever read.
" Bury my head in the sand".Another dopey comment.I live here in this city,and have a reasonable idea of the problems I experience and no doubt others do here but are affected more so.You live in a city where housing is far cheaper .road infrastructure far better,and you're an expert in what goes on here LOL.You wouldn't have a clue about peak hours traffic,which happens to be almost day long.

You've offered zero in what needs to be done with crowds ,Tv ratings . Just a big fat blot.And a continual whine which gets no-one, nowhere.

I've stated facts that will assist ,such as new infrastructure,better scheduling,family friendly times and pricing,players behaving themselves off field.Teams with big fan bases performing will also assist.

Let us know when you have something cnstructive to offer.Whining doesn't build stadiums.It might inflate your ego, that's all.

Perth Red

Post Whore
" Childish reaction" LOL.This coming from the the guy who promotes the most immature commentary about the Sharks one could ever read.
" Bury my head in the sand".Another dopey comment.I live here in this city,and have a reasonable idea of the problems I experience and no doubt others do here but are affected more so.You live in a city where housing is far cheaper .road infrastructure far better,and you're an expert in what goes on here LOL.You wouldn't have a clue about peak hours traffic,which happens to be almost day long.

You've offered zero in what needs to be done with crowds ,Tv ratings . Just a big fat blot.And a continual whine which gets no-one, nowhere.

I've stated facts that will assist ,such as new infrastructure,better scheduling,family friendly times and pricing,players behaving themselves off field.Teams with big fan bases performing will also assist.

Let us know when you have something cnstructive to offer.Whining doesn't build stadiums.It might inflate your ego, that's all.

Lol,like those ideas arent blatantly obvious and mentioned on here a thousand times. I've suggested family Sunday double headers at anz, a Friday Sydney game at allianz aimed at adults out for a good Friday night, set $5 admission for kids across the league and many other initiatives. Sadly the clubs won't give nrl control so all these ideas are unlikely to ever happen as club self interest takes over every time. Look at the who ha when nrl suggested part centralised stadium strategy to maximise crowds at Sydneys two biggest venues.

In regards to memberships, a plus this year has been for on the road games is both teams offering one game memberships in that city, previously it's only been the home team that has done it. If we can get more teams committing longer term to playing games at none nrl club cities this will help boost memberships. This year Perth nrl fans had 4 clubs they could get ticketed membership of.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If my memory is correct ,the figures cited in the NRL annual reports included NSWRL and QRL memberships.
Someone clarify if that is or is not the case.
If it is ,2017 numbers are far better at this point in time.
Origin membership figures deducted for each season in the numbers provided

Perth Red

Post Whore
Final numbers (as reported by SMH)
Broncos 36,298,
Rabbitohs 30,454,
Eels 24,501,
Storm 20,507,
Panthers 20,250,
Dragons 19,181,
Raiders 19,091,
Bulldogs 18,833,
Cowboys 18,678,
Warriors 17,786,
Tigers 17,686,
Roosters 16,001,
Sharks 15,600,
Knights 13,370,
Sea Eagles 13,086,
Titans 10,883.

2016 327,392
2015 294,206

NRL target by end of 2017 400,000
Fell well short

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nge-to-lowest-in-the-nrl-20170830-gy7gtz.html

Timmah

Staff member
Only you could find a way to paint years of consecutive growth as a negative. f**king clown.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Only you could find a way to paint years of consecutive growth as a negative. f**king clown.

No one does failure quite like NRL and sycophants like you merely perpetuate them getting away with it. Now off you trot and cuddle up to Todd.

Clifferd

Coach
Final numbers (as reported by SMH)
Broncos 36,298,
Rabbitohs 30,454,
Eels 24,501,
Storm 20,507,
Panthers 20,250,
Dragons 19,181,
Raiders 19,091,
Bulldogs 18,833,
Cowboys 18,678,
Warriors 17,786,
Tigers 17,686,
Roosters 16,001,
Sharks 15,600,
Knights 13,370,
Sea Eagles 13,086,
Titans 10,883.

2016 327,392
2015 294,206

NRL target by end of 2017 400,000
Fell well short

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nge-to-lowest-in-the-nrl-20170830-gy7gtz.html

Tigers finished on 18,023 members, according to the official site..so there's an inaccuracy there. I reckon that totals about a few k off the actual mark

not that it matters anyway

Timmah

Staff member
No one does failure quite like NRL and sycophants like you merely perpetuate them getting away with it. Now off you trot and cuddle up to Todd.
How the f**k is it sycophantic to point out years of consecutive growth?

You've put a sole measure of pitting against some fairytale numbers in a report and ignored the fact that more people continue to invest our game.

You have literally just attempted to paint growth in membership as a negative because it didn't reach a number published in a fancy little PDF four years ago. Sad f**k.

M2D2

Bench
Timmah, i feel sorry for you, you cant ignore PR and make this thread so much less filled with shit.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Timmah, i feel sorry for you, you cant ignore PR and make this thread so much less filled with shit.

I simply stated the final membership numbers and that the nrl fell well short of its strategic goal of 400,00 by end of 2017. Timmah decided to turn it into a personal spat, but yeh it's all about me lol.

Considering our nearest rivals just cracked through 900,000 members I'd have thought 400k was a pretty reasonable target even given our sht starting position in 2012?

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I simply stated the final membership numbers and that the nrl fell well short of its strategic goal of 400,00 by end of 2017. Timmah decided to turn it into a personal spat, but yeh it's all about me lol.
You never phrase things objectively, there's always a negative tone to it.

Hence the ridicule you get as a bad news Barry

Perth Red

Post Whore
People will read what they want, I'm not here to win a popularity contest. The nrl fell well short of its strategic goal, fact. Memberships have increased significantly since 2012, Fact. You can choose if nrl should be applauded for growing memberships or criticised for not being able to meet an arguably modest target.

Unlike crowds and finances at least there has been some positives in memberships!

Raiderdave

First Grade
the NRL set achievable goals with both memberships & crowd averages , then went about making it impossible to achieve these goals by pandering to broadcasters & their ridiculous scheduling
we have no one to blame for this but ourselves
in 2023 we as a code need to be setting down the days , times & games completely without any interference from anyone else
then as a game we'll reach our potential finally after nearly 30 years of f**king it up

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member

Considering our nearest rivals just cracked through 900,000 members I'd have thought 400k was a pretty reasonable target even given our sht starting position in 2012?

This is part of your issue - you keep comparing us to the AFL like there are so many similarities - there aren't.

Not to mention they started talking & walking membership culture a good decade before the NRL realised it was the smart way to help clubs' bottom lines.

Clifferd

Coach
People will read what they want, I'm not here to win a popularity contest. The nrl fell well short of its strategic goal, fact. Memberships have increased significantly since 2012, Fact. You can choose if nrl should be applauded for growing memberships or criticised for not being able to meet an arguably modest target.

Unlike crowds and finances at least there has been some positives in memberships!

Stop comparing us to afl in terms of crowds and memberships there's your issue - they are light years ahead in that regard.

Raiderdave

First Grade
This is part of your issue - you keep comparing us to the AFL like there are so many similarities - there aren't.

Not to mention they started talking & walking membership culture a good decade before the NRL realised it was the smart way to help clubs' bottom lines.

Id say 2 decades
mid 80's is when then the then VFL decided memberships were critical to the survival of its clubs.
we didn't really cotton on til about 2005

flamin

Juniors
Tigers finished on 18,023 members, according to the official site..so there's an inaccuracy there. I reckon that totals about a few k off the actual mark

not that it matters anyway
The final figures are always released in the annual report.

Latest posts