What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NRL Finals Schedule News/Predictions/Requests etc.

Last Week

Bench
I've done some looking and every year since we brought this finals system back, the loser of 1v4 have always been in the first Semi Final played and the winner of the same game always plays in the 2nd Preliminary final. 5 years straight now.

This is how the dates and kick off times for weeks 2 and 3 should look if the pattern stays the same as it has for the last 5 years.

WEEK 2 - Semi Finals
SF1 - Friday night (15th/Sept) - (Loser of Storm/Eels) VS (Winner of Sharks/Cowboys)
SF2 - Saturday night (16th/Sept) - (Loser of Roosters/Broncos) VS (Winner of Sea Eagles/Panthers)

WEEK 3 - Preliminary Finals
PF2 - Friday night (22nd/Sept) - (Winner of Roosters/Broncos) VS (Winner of SF1)
PF1 - Saturday night (23rd/Sept) - (Winner of Storm/Eels) VS (Winner of SF2)

M2D2

Bench
Id be surprised if the NRL would be stupid enough to make the team backup from Sunday to play Friday.
But i guess at the same time....i wouldnt be.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
How about this one boys

Put 20 bucks down on:

Brissy 1 to 12
Manly 13+
Sharks 1 to 12
Melbourne 1 to 12

2 grand payout

Last Week

Bench
Id be surprised if the NRL would be stupid enough to make the team backup from Sunday to play Friday.
But i guess at the same time....i wouldnt be.

Good point. That's never happened. It's always been a 6 day turn around, which means my above post is out the window.

f**k me.

Raiderdave

First Grade
all 4 finals should crack the early 20's id say if the weather is fine
not anything to write home about tbh
but not hideous

I wouldn't have had the sat evening final at allianz
battling traffic leaving the moore park area while trying to get in , no parking as its already taken
just for the off chance 500 people from the swines game might come next door after their game is done

a lot of NRL fans won't bother
poor choice
ANZ is free & should have been ultilised.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I've done some looking and every year since we brought this finals system back, the loser of 1v4 have always been in the first Semi Final played and the winner of the same game always plays in the 2nd Preliminary final. 5 years straight now.
That's likely because since they bought this finals system backs, that's precisely how it's meant to work. 1v4 loser players 5v8 winner, then that winner plays the 2v3 winner in the prelims.
Likewise other side of the draw 2v3 loser plays 6v7 winner, winner of that plays 1v4 winner in prelims.

DI1T-wcUEAEWxGl.jpg:large

dogz08

First Grade
what would get the biggest crowd in sydney for a preliminary final.. parramatta v??

axl rose

Bench
I wouldn't have had the sat evening final at allianz
ANZ is free & should have been ultilised.

Yeah that one makes no sense at all. At least you would get 10-15 thousand riff fans if you played ANZ. Manly will only bring a few thousand across the bridge anyway. There were around 12000 for Manly vs Cows at the SFS a few years ago. Woeful.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
wait, they have to cross a bridge to get to away games? Wow and I thought being 1300km away from the nearest team was bad

Raiderdave

First Grade
Why make it easy for Penrith fans to get to the game, it's not their home game?
It made no difference last year when penrith were forced to play at allianz against the bulldogs despite earning hosting rights
So why would anyone care who's fans it makes it easiest for

It's about maximising the size of the crowd & avoiding situations where fans will turn their nose up because it will be considerably harder attending , aka allianz this Saturday night

Stupid to play it there

Latest posts