What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NRL Pre-Season

Why the f**k is it at Campbelltown?

I thought I heard something about CTown Council tipping in to encourage games in the area.

I also thought I heard they offered up rental space for a SS merch shop and membership office to encourage training sessions, school / local visits etc of SS players in the region.

Im sure they will.

Cheers Bar in Sydney stays open till those times for LFC games, even the midweek ones.
The Cheers bar and I are not fond of each other.
Besides I think the last time I watched a footy game there was when the Sharks lost their last GF ('97 Super League), bad omens.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Posted on Wednesday.

The other WCS game also confirmed as Warrington v Brisbane at Halliwell Jones Stadium - 8pm Sat 18 Oct BST (7am Sun 19th AEDT)

Unfortunately for Sharks fans, that 3pm Wigan game on Sunday 19th is 2am Monday morning.

As stupid as the England v Australia scheduleng which will be on at 1am local time on the east coast

alien

Referee
I thought I heard something about CTown Council tipping in to encourage games in the area.

I also thought I heard they offered up rental space for a SS merch shop and membership office to encourage training sessions, school / local visits etc of SS players in the region.

You heard right.

thorson1987

Coach
The Cheers bar and I are not fond of each other.
Besides I think the last time I watched a footy game there was when the Sharks lost their last GF ('97 Super League), bad omens.

Best thing to do is as it gets closer get into contact with the nrl club and the leagues club and enquire about it.

If they have enough interest I'm sure they will have no issue staying open for it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't think the tournament organisers give two shits what time zone AEDT is when they schedule the games, tbh

Timmah

Staff member
Full list updated http://leagueunlimited.com/news/29413-2017-nrl-trials/

Weekend 1 - February 4 & 5
Saturday 4 & Sunday 5 February

Downer NRL Auckland Nines: all 16 NRL clubs - Eden Park, Auckland
Click here for the full Nines draw.

Saturday 4 February
8:15pm: Broncos v Sharks - Dolphin Oval, Redcliffe (7:15pm QLD local)

Weekend 2 - February 10 & 11
Friday 10 February

Harvey Norman All Stars: Indigenous v World - McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Saturday 11 February
6:00pm: Bulldogs v Panthers - Belmore Sports Ground
6:00pm: Storm v Warriors - Sunshine Coast Stadium (5pm QLD local)
7:30pm: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles - Campbelltown Stadium
7:40pm: Dragons v Wests Tigers - WIN Stadium, Wollongong
8:00pm: Cowboys v Roosters - BB Print Stadium, Mackay (7pm QLD local)
8:30pm: Ipswich v Broncos - North Ipswich Reserve (7:30pm QLD local)
9:10pm: Eels v Titans - ANZAC Oval, Alice Springs NT (7:40pm NT local)

The Raiders & Knights will not play an NRL trial on Weekend 2.

Weekend 3 - February 17, 18 & 19
FRIDAY 17 FEBRUARY

7:00pm: Wests Tigers v Cowboys - Campbeltown Stadium

Saturday 18 February
4:30pm: Storm v Bulldogs - North Hobart Oval
6:30pm: Raiders v Knights - Seiffert Oval, Queanbeyan
TBC: Panthers v Eels - Pepper Stadium, Penrith (Battle of the West Cup)
TBC: Sea Eagles v Roosters - Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

Sunday 19 February
4:00pm: Warriors v Titans - Central Energy Trust Arena, Palmerston North (2pm NZ local, 3pm QLD time)
4:00pm: Dragons v Rabbitohs - ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park (Charity Shield)

World Club Series - February 18, 19 & 20
SUNDAY 19 FEBRUARY

7:00am: Warrington Wolves v Broncos - Halliwell Jones Stadium (8pm Sat UK local)

MONDAY 20 FEBRUARY
2:00am: Wigan Warriors v Sharks - DW Stadium (World Club Challenge, 3pm Sun UK local)

Warriors, Eels and Storm only clubs deserving of any credit for taking the game to new places. Cows to some extent.

Pathetic overall. f**king Campbelltown has two games, Penrith, Belmore, Wollongong, Gosford others. When clubs do take games beyond stadia that already host premiership games they get as far as Ipswich, Sunny Coast, Redcliffe and Queanbeyan. To put it in perspective, we were better off under David Moffett as far as spreading trials around. Only gone backwards since.

hunters

Juniors
Yeah it really is unbelievable that teams don't want to travel out into the middle of nowhere and treat themselves to some time on rock hard fields in the middle of summer with substandard facilities and limited medical access. I mean it's not like they're trying to prepare for some sort of professional sporting event.

FireFlacons1

Juniors
It wouldn't matter what temperature it would be to be honest .... The bulldogs should just forfeit as the panthers are going to flog them :)

Timmah

Staff member
Look, probably.

I believe that's actually a 6-match game day - Tarsha Gale Cup (Womens 9s) starting at 9:30, then R1 Ball, R1 Matts, an RM Cup trial then NYC and NRL.

Latest posts