What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NRL Pre-Season

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Be interesting how many of the lower grade matches proceed then.

T-Boon

Coach
Yeah it really is unbelievable that teams don't want to travel out into the middle of nowhere and treat themselves to some time on rock hard fields in the middle of summer with substandard facilities and limited medical access. I mean it's not like they're trying to prepare for some sort of professional sporting event.

Exactly.
Plus whats in it for the clubs to promote the game?
We have wrestling to perfect !

Timmah

Staff member
40 forecast for Belmore.

43 for Penrith.
Not really sure why Penrith's is relevant but you are aware that forecasts change, yeah? I was correct when I first posted.

Anyway - the RMC game (Auburn v St Marys) has been removed from the matchday, and the NSWRL junior rep games have been moved to early morning. Big gap between SG Ball (10:30am) to NYC (4:45pm)

POPEYE

Coach
Does it matter how many spectators turn up to a trial and those that do are keen. I start my soc morning workout just on dawn and finish about 90 minutes later . . . beautiful time of the day

Valheru

Coach
It is obvious to play every pre-season match at night just as it is with every match for the first month of the NRL season.

No doubt we will get to March and there will be a 33 degree day for Sunday arvo footy and everyone will be shocked despite it happening every year.

Timmah

Staff member
It is obvious to play every pre-season match at night just as it is with every match for the first month of the NRL season.

No doubt we will get to March and there will be a 33 degree day for Sunday arvo footy and everyone will be shocked despite it happening every year.
The earliest kickoff from memory is 3pm - on a Saturday in Newcastle. The rest of the matches are all 4pm or later until at least April.

Even that 3pm kickoff in Newie is madness though

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
4 3pm march kickoffs in Townsville in a row and tell every team to harden the f&*k up

Timmah

Staff member
Dogs v Penrith shifted back an hour - NYC 4:45pm NRL 7pm

Latest posts