What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NYC Grand Final: Parra Eels V. Manly

TheRam

Coach
You started out by saying that we lost because we accept excuses.

If you originally said that there are 'no excuses' then why would you be asking us to come up with reasons? Surely they are just excuses?

So tell me, are reasons the same as excuses?

Also, if we provide reasons will you just label them as excuse?

You are talking up yourself and writing everyone else off as idiots but you need to f**ken explain yourself properly and answer some basic questions.

Sorry but I have a life outside of this footy site mate.

But to quickly answer you. You are right, after 32 yeas I probably will label any given reasons as just more excuses.

But I asked because none of you came up with anything close to a plausible valid explanation as to why our club as a whole keep failing at success.

And I believe that it is due to having to many mentally soft players in our squads and that this has never been successfully addressed up until now.

However I believe that it is ever so slowly being sorted by BA. But it is still lingering as shown by our NRL team in the finals and the U20s team in the GF.

That loss was a classic mental fade display if ever there was one, which is what Parra has become famous for over the last 30 odd years.

Dickhead!

You think your smarter then everybody here, but just like Pou, you live in your own geniused bubble, but at least Pou gives thought out opinions and risks derision by potshot net cowboys like you. He has skin in the game. You just make smartarse half arsed remarks.

The man in the arena.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

But to quickly answer you. You are right, after 32 yeas I probably will label any given reasons as just more excuses.

But I asked because none of you came up with anything close to a plausible valid explanation as to why our club as a whole keep failing at success.

And I believe that it is due to having to many mentally soft players in our squads and that this has never been successfully addressed up until now.

However I believe that it is ever so slowly being sorted by BA. But it is still lingering as shown by our NRL team in the finals and the U20s team in the GF.

That loss was a classic mental fade display if ever there was one, which is what Parra has become famous for over the last 30 odd years.

Dickhead!

You think your smarter then everybody here, but just like Pou, you live in your own geniused bubble, but at least Pou gives thought out opinions and risks derision by potshot net cowboys like you. He has skin in the game. You just make smartarse half arsed remarks.

The man in the arena.
Mate I'm not the guy calling everyone else on here an idiot. You are the one doing that.

I have raised some legitimate points that you cant answer:

Do you accept the limitations of the 'no excuses' position you originally ranted about?

Surely if you want to improve and learn from your mistakes you have to understand them in the hope of not doing them again.

If you just write everything off as an 'excuse' and don't take the time to analyse it, how do you expect to improve?

You raised a bunch of problems and then get up us for not solving them. Why don't you f**ken solve them instead of whinging like an old mole?

So here's another chance to answer the f**ken question...or you could just take the cowards option and write my analysis off as me being a smartarse.

Your call Rammy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Dickhead!

The man in the arena.
All NYC teams fade out after getting a lead. It is a fact that one of the worst things an NYC team can do is get an early lead.

As for mentally strong or weak players, there is certainly a need for experienced leadership (something that by definition doesn't exist within an NYC squad) which is why Arthur's brought in guys like De Gois, Watmough, Scott and Foran.

Bazal

Post Whore
Rammy fails to realise that if he makes a ridiculous assertion, he will get a ridiculous response

84 Baby

Referee

Dickhead!

The man in the arena.
It's actually part of the initiation process for all players, coaches and admin staff at the club to watch every single game (or detailed written analysis of non recorded games) so they know just the f**ken looser mentality that built this club. They prop players eyes open with toothpicks to endure the 1998, 2001 and 2005 seasons. Just so they are all instilled with the all excuses, looser club mentality. We're finally turning it around now because Gurnie has shown the way. Be completely off your face during video sessions, giggling like a child and then eating an entire buffet... of hookers

84 Baby

Referee

Dickhead!

The man in the arena.
But in all seriousness, there are very few generation to generation players, coaches or officials to validate your theory that it's an instilled club psyche unless you assume that these looser few just teach poor mentality to those coming after them for more than 30 years. Or the more likely scenario is that it's all just f**king coincidence over a long period of time. Although there has been one constant. f**king whinging f**king dickhead f**king deathriding f**king fans

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
fake-tweet20171003-10-5cfkd7.jpg

TheRam

Coach
Mate I'm not the guy calling everyone else on here an idiot. You are the one doing that.

I have raised some legitimate points that you cant answer:

Do you accept the limitations of the 'no excuses' position you originally ranted about?

Surely if you want to improve and learn from your mistakes you have to understand them in the hope of not doing them again.

If you just write everything off as an 'excuse' and don't take the time to analyse it, how do you expect to improve?

You raised a bunch of problems and then get up us for not solving them. Why don't you f**ken solve them instead of whinging like an old mole?

So here's another chance to answer the f**ken question...or you could just take the cowards option and write my analysis off as me being a smartarse.

Your call Rammy.

Strawman.

Mate I simply stated that I am sick and tired of watching our club capitulate once again, no matter what the grade, by its own hand. It wasn't as if the Sea Eagles really stuck it to us and we weren't capable of going with them. It was, as it almost always is, a mental thing.

It's not as if we are a club brimming with success and we just had one of those games and we can all just put to the side and just simply move on. No this club does that as its MO. We need to really address it more then probably any other club. And the Storm and the Cowboys for that matter, have the mantra of "no excuse" and they live and breath it. It is constantly evident. Look at the way the Storm players weren't to happy with Cameron Munster when he gave away that penalty and subsequently sin binned against us. Even though it was the right option, they were still hard on him. Then look at the Cowboys, half the team played busted but still gave us and others a mental footballing lesson in how to play for the full 80 mins.

So when you and others bag out my "no excuses" attitude towards our club losing games that they should have won, that's your prerogative, but to me and others you sound stupid. Especially when most of you, I know not you but others, just constantly blame the refs and or the NRL itself being actively against us, when it is an obvious mental fade issue and has very little to do with external factors.

But your strawman argument is a typical chestnut and not unexpected. To ask what would I do to fix it is akin to throwing a shiny lure in the water for unsuspecting fish to see. You know we are just fans on an internet site venting and discussing our concerns and feelings, not a member of the coaching staff. So there for whatever I/we suggest will generally be mocked as ridiculous, wrong, stupid, the bleeding obvious, or if it were that easy, don't you thing that the coach would have done it already...and so on.

But as I already stated in my previous posts, I do think that the coach is addressing our mental weakness and is slowly getting there. But that performance by our U20s side was pathetic and was a throwback to all the terrible things that have haunted our club for decades. Sugar coating it with EXCUSES, is just a joke. Our club has to do something, whatever it takes, to make that type of performance a very, very rare thing. Leadership is one obvious thing, which the coach has tried to address already, but we need more. I believe the way we train maybe another. But I'm not the coach and I think he is doing a fine job thus far, but I also believe that we should make the "NO EXCUSE" mantra part of the way we do business.

So to throw out shade and then try to strawman me because you're a pathetic "she'll be right" kind of fan, even though it has been 32 F**KEN YEARS of "no it hasn't been right mate" is a bit rich when all I was doing was venting my obvious frustration at another self inflicted failure. Like I said, posters like you are quick to ridicule but very thin on putting any skin in the game. Probably for fear of having another poster who's just like you take cheap and easy potshots just to make themselves feel better. Sad really that my frustrated "no excuses" rant has gotten to this, but I suppose it is the internet.

Anyway like I said before, maybe you should look up the "Man in the Arena" quote, if you haven't already.

I'm done on this topic at this point. I will not be responding to your reply...basically because I couldn't be F'ed anymore. So lets just call it a draw. Cheers Gutful...hey, I just realized the irony in your name.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
These other clubs are spending more than us on players. That's why they win more. It might be an excuse but it's also a fact.

Forty20

First Grade
Another excuse is the lack of respect we from the Refs, they think we are still shit and treat us accordingly.

My unlikely hope is that we may have earned some respect from the whistleblowers and their tip sheets after this season.

The aggressive nature in which BA wants this time to play means we are always going to flirt with the referee's tolerance as we look to gain every advantage possible in the ruck. That was never the gripe though. Other teams, especially notoriously penalised teams, miraculously become more disciplined when they play us. If we get a better look in on that aspect of games then I think we will get a nice little boost to possession and territory throughout games.

Bazal

Post Whore
LOL Rammy has lost whatever tenuous grip he ever had on reality...

All over a development squad

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Strawman.

Mate I simply stated that I am sick and tired of watching our club capitulate once again, no matter what the grade, by its own hand. It wasn't as if the Sea Eagles really stuck it to us and we weren't capable of going with them. It was, as it almost always is, a mental thing.

It's not as if we are a club brimming with success and we just had one of those games and we can all just put to the side and just simply move on. No this club does that as its MO. We need to really address it more then probably any other club. And the Storm and the Cowboys for that matter, have the mantra of "no excuse" and they live and breath it. It is constantly evident. Look at the way the Storm players weren't to happy with Cameron Munster when he gave away that penalty and subsequently sin binned against us. Even though it was the right option, they were still hard on him. Then look at the Cowboys, half the team played busted but still gave us and others a mental footballing lesson in how to play for the full 80 mins.

So when you and others bag out my "no excuses" attitude towards our club losing games that they should have won, that's your prerogative, but to me and others you sound stupid. Especially when most of you, I know not you but others, just constantly blame the refs and or the NRL itself being actively against us, when it is an obvious mental fade issue and has very little to do with external factors.

But your strawman argument is a typical chestnut and not unexpected. To ask what would I do to fix it is akin to throwing a shiny lure in the water for unsuspecting fish to see. You know we are just fans on an internet site venting and discussing our concerns and feelings, not a member of the coaching staff. So there for whatever I/we suggest will generally be mocked as ridiculous, wrong, stupid, the bleeding obvious, or if it were that easy, don't you thing that the coach would have done it already...and so on.

But as I already stated in my previous posts, I do think that the coach is addressing our mental weakness and is slowly getting there. But that performance by our U20s side was pathetic and was a throwback to all the terrible things that have haunted our club for decades. Sugar coating it with EXCUSES, is just a joke. Our club has to do something, whatever it takes, to make that type of performance a very, very rare thing. Leadership is one obvious thing, which the coach has tried to address already, but we need more. I believe the way we train maybe another. But I'm not the coach and I think he is doing a fine job thus far, but I also believe that we should make the "NO EXCUSE" mantra part of the way we do business.

So to throw out shade and then try to strawman me because you're a pathetic "she'll be right" kind of fan, even though it has been 32 F**KEN YEARS of "no it hasn't been right mate" is a bit rich when all I was doing was venting my obvious frustration at another self inflicted failure. Like I said, posters like you are quick to ridicule but very thin on putting any skin in the game. Probably for fear of having another poster who's just like you take cheap and easy potshots just to make themselves feel better. Sad really that my frustrated "no excuses" rant has gotten to this, but I suppose it is the internet.

Anyway like I said before, maybe you should look up the "Man in the Arena" quote, if you haven't already.

I'm done on this topic at this point. I will not be responding to your reply...basically because I couldn't be F'ed anymore. So lets just call it a draw. Cheers Gutful...hey, I just realized the irony in your name.
It's not a straw man at all.

All you've done is gone on another rant and not even tried to address the fact the you think everything is an excuse (when in reality there are many things that are reasons). You also haven't addressed my point about how you learn and grow by examining those reasons.

To make those points is to be realistic and measured. It's not a 'she'll be right' attitude at all.

Every criticism that you've made of my points I have directly responded to. All of my criticisms of your points you have avoided discussing and have chosen to get personal. Now you have had a big sook and refused to engage any further because you know you've got nothing.

It's a shame really. I was hoping for a meaningful conversation about it.

All the best mate.

TheRam

Coach
It's not a straw man at all.

All you've done is gone on another rant and not even tried to address the fact the you think everything is an excuse (when in reality there are many things that are reasons). You also haven't addressed my point about how you learn and grow by examining those reasons.

To make those points is to be realistic and measured. It's not a 'she'll be right' attitude at all.

Every criticism that you've made of my points I have directly responded to. All of my criticisms of your points you have avoided discussing and have chosen to get personal. Now you have had a big sook and refused to engage any further because you know you've got nothing.

It's a shame really. I was hoping for a meaningful conversation about it.

All the best mate.

Cheers