What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NYC Grand Final: Parra Eels V. Manly

Bazal

Post Whore
Someone needs to ring up Nathan Brown at Newcastle, tell him the secret to winning the comp is just having no excuses.

84 Baby

Referee
fake-tweet20171003-10-5cfkd7.jpg
I reckon it'd be easier if you just set up the twitter account of @realRonaldTrump

strider

Post Whore
My unlikely hope is that we may have earned some respect from the whistleblowers and their tip sheets after this season.

The aggressive nature in which BA wants this time to play means we are always going to flirt with the referee's tolerance as we look to gain every advantage possible in the ruck. That was never the gripe though. Other teams, especially notoriously penalised teams, miraculously become more disciplined when they play us. If we get a better look in on that aspect of games then I think we will get a nice little boost to possession and territory throughout games.
Yeah, i accept we are one of the most penalised teams in the league

But f**ked if i understand how we recieve so few.

hindy111

Post Whore
Strawman.

Mate I simply stated that I am sick and tired of watching our club capitulate once again, no matter what the grade, by its own hand. It wasn't as if the Sea Eagles really stuck it to us and we weren't capable of going with them. It was, as it almost always is, a mental thing.

It's not as if we are a club brimming with success and we just had one of those games and we can all just put to the side and just simply move on. No this club does that as its MO. We need to really address it more then probably any other club. And the Storm and the Cowboys for that matter, have the mantra of "no excuse" and they live and breath it. It is constantly evident. Look at the way the Storm players weren't to happy with Cameron Munster when he gave away that penalty and subsequently sin binned against us. Even though it was the right option, they were still hard on him. Then look at the Cowboys, half the team played busted but still gave us and others a mental footballing lesson in how to play for the full 80 mins.

So when you and others bag out my "no excuses" attitude towards our club losing games that they should have won, that's your prerogative, but to me and others you sound stupid. Especially when most of you, I know not you but others, just constantly blame the refs and or the NRL itself being actively against us, when it is an obvious mental fade issue and has very little to do with external factors.

But your strawman argument is a typical chestnut and not unexpected. To ask what would I do to fix it is akin to throwing a shiny lure in the water for unsuspecting fish to see. You know we are just fans on an internet site venting and discussing our concerns and feelings, not a member of the coaching staff. So there for whatever I/we suggest will generally be mocked as ridiculous, wrong, stupid, the bleeding obvious, or if it were that easy, don't you thing that the coach would have done it already...and so on.

But as I already stated in my previous posts, I do think that the coach is addressing our mental weakness and is slowly getting there. But that performance by our U20s side was pathetic and was a throwback to all the terrible things that have haunted our club for decades. Sugar coating it with EXCUSES, is just a joke. Our club has to do something, whatever it takes, to make that type of performance a very, very rare thing. Leadership is one obvious thing, which the coach has tried to address already, but we need more. I believe the way we train maybe another. But I'm not the coach and I think he is doing a fine job thus far, but I also believe that we should make the "NO EXCUSE" mantra part of the way we do business.

So to throw out shade and then try to strawman me because you're a pathetic "she'll be right" kind of fan, even though it has been 32 F**KEN YEARS of "no it hasn't been right mate" is a bit rich when all I was doing was venting my obvious frustration at another self inflicted failure. Like I said, posters like you are quick to ridicule but very thin on putting any skin in the game. Probably for fear of having another poster who's just like you take cheap and easy potshots just to make themselves feel better. Sad really that my frustrated "no excuses" rant has gotten to this, but I suppose it is the internet.

Anyway like I said before, maybe you should look up the "Man in the Arena" quote, if you haven't already.

I'm done on this topic at this point. I will not be responding to your reply...basically because I couldn't be F'ed anymore. So lets just call it a draw. Cheers Gutful...hey, I just realized the irony in your name.

Give it too him Ram. I always assumed gutful was from when he blew off a sperm whale on one of his marine biology expeditions. So it is safe to say.He swallows.

hindy111

Post Whore
It's not a straw man at all.

All you've done is gone on another rant and not even tried to address the fact the you think everything is an excuse (when in reality there are many things that are reasons). You also haven't addressed my point about how you learn and grow by examining those reasons.

To make those points is to be realistic and measured. It's not a 'she'll be right' attitude at all.

Every criticism that you've made of my points I have directly responded to. All of my criticisms of your points you have avoided discussing and have chosen to get personal. Now you have had a big sook and refused to engage any further because you know you've got nothing.

It's a shame really. I was hoping for a meaningful conversation about it.

All the best mate.

Meaningfull conversation about an under 20s game?
Look ffs. The reff blew a penalty for a bomb tackled in air. It should not of been. We more then likely win if not that tripe call.
Along with GL being pathetic under the bomb and also giving up in the chase just before halftime. I hope Rona is true cause this prodigy is a wenty player at best id say.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Meaningfull conversation about an under 20s game?
Look ffs. The reff blew a penalty for a bomb tackled in air. It should not of been. We more then likely win if not that tripe call.
Along with GL being pathetic under the bomb and also giving up in the chase just before halftime. I hope Rona is true cause this prodigy is a wenty player at best id say.
I felt the conversation was broader than the U20s.

strider

Post Whore
The U20s result was symbolic of a broader failure. Or it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Or it was just a useful result to hang shit on the club....hey shut up. Why don't you just f**k off??!!
Maybe it was the broader straw that broke the shit hanging camels back?