What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Origin I - QLD 4-28 NSW @ Suncorp

Game I: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
What I want to know and I don't mean to make it sound like I am having a dig but how can people follow a side like Canberra and still go for QLD?

I have a mate who is a die hard Parra fan, yet is a proud QLD supporter too, it just doesn't make any sense to me
Weird isn't it?

When I was living in Bundaberg, I had heaps of mates that were born and bred in NSW, support Sydney teams but go for QLD.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Totally wrong.

The Brisbane Broncos played their first match in 1988.

The first SoO match was played in 1980 and the first three match series played in 1982.

you're reading my comment incorrectly.

i'm not suggesting origin existed after broncos.

i'm suggesting some queensland supporters had nswrl clubs before origin existed which exacerbates the reason why they don't support the broncos.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Wow I didn't expect you to surrender so meekly.

You've been destroyed with the whole "Pearce is shit in finals" argument.

But rather than pick yourself up and go again you chose the 'misdirection with a shit joke' path. The Panthers fans love it but it's no less a sign of defeat.
Lol. Destroyed. Tommy, you're not only a shit judge of cricket but you've proven yourself even worse at league.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
What I want to know and I don't mean to make it sound like I am having a dig but how can people follow a side like Canberra and still go for QLD?
For some Canberra supporters it makes sense. We had guys like Meninga, Belcher, Walters, Jackson and Backo playing for QLD when there weren’t any Raiders being picked for NSW. Same reason most Storm supporters go for QLD, because of Smith, Cronk, Slater and Inglis.

Valheru

Coach
I was watching the game at a pub and literally everyone there was anti Pearce lol. That little nothing grubber he did everyone lost their shit and went "here we go again"

He then put up a nothing bomb which I think Oates caught quite comfortably and then missed a tackle and someone said "ok nice kick and tackle attempt I guess?" And everyone loled

I think the reason everybody bags Pearce is he is legit on Thurston/Cronks level at club football but is probably the worst half ever at origin

So to put it short, a good club player but not a rep player.

He deserves criticism for the short kick (the one and only criticism he deserves for that game) but not the bomb as that was the game plan which worked to perfection. Out of interest, did the same crowd critique Maloney for his 3 bombs with the exact same result as Pearce? or his attempt to grubber in to touch that went about 5 metres before being collected by the QLD winger?

Clifferd

Coach
He deserves criticism for the short kick (the one and only criticism he deserves for that game) but not the bomb as that was the game plan which worked to perfection. Out of interest, did the same crowd critique Maloney for his 3 bombs with the exact same result as Pearce? or his attempt to grubber in to touch that went about 5 metres before being collected by the QLD winger?

Not sure, I left said place at half time. Just saying that's feel even the general public have against Pearce, not just people on this forum

RazorRam0n

Juniors
can't believe this pearce ragging is still going but i'll put this out there...

look at the first 30 minutes, qld had field dominance, we were regularly kicking out of 40 and qld out of inside our half.

pearce outkicked cronk for field position.

OldPanther

Coach

look at the first 30 minutes, qld had field dominance, we were regularly kicking out of 40 and qld out of inside our half.

Hasn't he always had a good long kick? I don't really think that's the issue. Also watched again today and Cronk's kicks were fine.

mxlegend99

Referee

If Pearce outkicked Cronk for field position... How did Queensland have field dominance as you put it?

You do realise those points contradict each other...

RazorRam0n

Juniors
If Pearce outkicked Cronk for field position... How did Queensland have field dominance as you put it?

You do realise those points contradict each other...

Watch the game and decide yourself fact is NSW found themselves kicking from inside 40 repeatedly in the opening stanza