What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Origin II - NSW 16-18 QLD @ ANZ

Game II: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Generalzod

Immortal
For game 3,Morris to centre where he really belongs,Mansour to the wing...take that to the bank.Because by the time the next squad gets announced,lets hope Hayne does the state of NSW a favour,and feigns an injury.F&@king glory seeking rotating dildo that he is.
I wonder why his team mates at the Titans speak so highly of the bloke lol

Apey

Staff member
That JT forward pass was hilarious. The refs just dont give a shit anymore. The same can be said about the play the ball. I doubt more than 30 percent of the play the balls were legal.

I dont think the refs cost nsw. Ive watched enough faiders to spot a team that is shitting the bed and nsw had all the signs. Halves vanishing into a cloud of smoke, stupid options despite leading and just a general haze of stupidity across the team

I can't work out if it was a Raiders like or Knights like performance. Probably Raiders because they looked too good to be the Knights for at least part of the game. Both can look the better team and find a way to lose though.

SOS Andrew Johns. He's still good to go right?

For game 3,Morris to centre where he really belongs,Mansour to the wing...take that to the bank.Because by the time the next squad gets announced,lets hope Hayne does the state of NSW a favour,and feigns an injury.F&@king glory seeking rotating dildo that he is.
Morris is not a centre lol

big hit!

Bench
so it's come out that Boyd was playing with a broken thumb too?!

Even if you didn't know both players were busted, surely you have to at least direct some plays down the QLD left rather than going down the other side all night. at this level, all players are capable and you use both sides of the ruck. and given Thurston's known injury issues going into the game and Boyd outside him was playing centre for the first time in 10 years, you'd reckon they would've tested out.

nup, they barely did. and this was the side the NSW captain and NSW most capped half were playing on.

Canard

Immortal
McGuire, Gillet, Cooper had more tackles then the NSW pack combined.

Clearly Andrew Johns seeing eye dog missed the fact that NSW forwards couldn't get near Thurston without getting axed.

OldPanther

Coach

Clearly Andrew Johns seeing eye dog missed the fact that NSW forwards couldn't get near Thurston without getting axed.

Bull. All they had to do was stop the "give it to Hayne and pray" crap they tried. Just run down the right side a few times. That entire side for QLD was not right in defence as the had: JT injured, Boyd injured and not a centre.

Canard

Immortal
Bull. All they had to do was stop the "give it to Hayne and pray" crap they tried. Just run down the right side a few times. That entire side for QLD was not right in defence as the had: JT injured, Boyd injured and not a centre.

Yep and QLD backrowers step it up, whilst NSW dogged it.

I see Fifita is complaining about not getting any "respect". Corey Parker II

big hit!

Bench

Cooper is to Thurston as Norgay was to Hillary. No brainer bringing in Cooper as they both defend as #4 & #3 respectively for NQ on the left too. Thurston went outside Boyd to defend in the #2 position regularly as well throughout the game because of his shoulder.

Gillett defends on the right, and it's expected he got big tackle numbers as NSW ran a lot of traffic down this way via Graham and Hayne.

McGuire is underestimated. He is undersized but he has heart, albeit a grubby one. If there was a tackle to be made in that middle third while he was on, he was there.

Edge forwards like Cooper and Gillett are generally 80' players. They don't need to be rotated like middle forwards. This is why it's a waste having an edge forward on the bench to play primarily as an edge forward like NSW do. Furthermore, to bring on Graham to play on his preferred left, it means moving the captain and sacrificing Frizell for most of the match. In what other team does a captain have to make way for another player? Cordner's influence is undermined right there when he has give up his position for someone else. And this is what happened throughout the match. Graham was considered as the premier edge forward and he got most of the ball.

QLD had edge forwards on the bench but played them in the middle. Papallii and Hess looked average when they needed to run and tackle big fellas in the middle rather than halves and outside backs they normally come up against at club level as edge forwards, but you're not going to waste a sub on either of Gillett and Cooper when you know they can play the 80'.

But i guess this is the state that has started it's captain off the bench too.

Shorty

Staff member
But with Cooper and Gillett nothing is getting past, they are extemely good defenders.
Cooper was picked purely because JT was returning from a shoulder injury.
Though he came into his own at the end of the game.
I also noticed Morgan helping him out too.

Still Pearce wasn't going to create anything anyway.

Lebbo73

Bench
Shit sorry, I just assumed all QLDers on here lived in Logan housing commissions. My sincerest apologies.
I live in Toowoomba, buddy. We have some of the richest people in Australia per capita. I didn't say me but it is a wealthy city apparently. There is plenty of beggars, like yourself, here as well. ;)

GongPanther

Referee
I just read about Josh McGuire (apparently) sledging Fifita at fulltime...

I mean, I know that footy players generally aren't the smartest people around but seriously...

How dumb is this bloke?

Think about it:

There's a live game still to come, and instead of being quietly grateful that his team had the game handed to them on a platter after looking like getting butchered, this dope instead decides to shoot his mouth off at a player who (unlike Pearce) has shown he's well and truly capable of destroying Qld...

Did McGuire learn nothing from the last time he ran his mouth off?

...Or has he been stuck in too many meetings?

You give McGuire an "Abacus" to fiddle around with,it'll take the rest of this year for him to learn how to pronounce the first letter.When he signs a contract, instead of an "X", he signs it with a "/".

Desert Qlder

First Grade
All the strips in the second half were called spot on. But they missed one that Woods did in the first tackle on Holmes.

Expecting better from the refs next game. Can't miss those, especially when it is a staple NSW tactic.

Watching a replay today the refs missed another NSW strip on Morgan in the 33rd minute. Of course two minutes later they handed NSW a pemalty for a straight drop by Klemmer.

The refs will need to be better in punishing this stripping tactic of NSW in the third game.