What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Positivity Thread

Tommy Smith

Referee
Here's some positivity:

If Pearce and Keary have luck with injuries and play at least 20 games each, they'll be the best halves combo in the comp.

Pearce is in his prime and was outstanding when he returned last year. And Keary compliments him absolutely perfectly as a strong, hole running & intelligent 5/8.

I'm really excited to see what these two can do.

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
What about Thurston and Morgan
Foran and Johnson or
Milford and Hunt?

Granted Pearce and Keary could be a top combo but Pearce will just about have to win the Dally M for Keary and him to outpoint JT and Morgan.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah I was probably being overly optimistic.

I rate Milford but as a halves combo both he and Hunt don't complement each other.

Johnson is an enigma but might thrive now (if) he has a genuine star to hold his hand.

Thurston is a genius and probably makes Morgan look better than he is.

All three are better than Pearce/Keary as of now.

But I'm still confident that our boys can match them all in 2017. Except JT...

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
I should be positive being a positivity thread, I certainly hope so but Pearce always seems to disappoint me. Everytime I think he will dominate, he falls short. When I dont expect much he surprises me'like in the back half of 2014 and when he came back after suspension last year he had a control about his game which is usually lacking. Unortunately my expectations and hopes are high for him again lol, I pray in 2017 he surprises me.

dogz08

First Grade
Yeah I was probably being overly optimistic.

I rate Milford but as a halves combo both he and Hunt don't complement each other.

Johnson is an enigma but might thrive now (if) he has a genuine star to hold his hand.

Thurston is a genius and probably makes Morgan look better than he is.

All three are better than Pearce/Keary as of now.

But I'm still confident that our boys can match them all in 2017. Except JT...

what about a cordner, sbw & s.burgess backrow? i might even jizz to that