What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Prelim Final, Fri - Storm 30-0 Broncos @ AAMI

Finals Week 3: Storm v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Finals Week 3
Melbourne Storm v Brisbane Broncos
AAMI Park, Melbourne (TICKETS)
Friday 22 September 2017

Gates 6:45pm / NRL 7:55pm (CH9/FOX)

MEL-17teamlist.jpg

1. Billy Slater 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. William Chambers 4. Curtis Scott 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Jordan McLean 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Tohu Harris 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Kenneath Bromwich 15. Tim Glasby 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 17. Slade Griffin 18. Jahrome Hughes 19. Robbie Rochow 20. Joe Stimson 21. Young Tonumaipea

BRI-17teamlist.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Corey Oates 3. James Roberts 4. Tautau Moga 5. Jordan Kahu 6. Anthony Milford 7. Kodi Nikorima 8. Sam Thaiday 9. Ben Hunt 10. Adam Blair 11. Alex Glenn 12. Matt Gillett 13. Josh Mcguire
Interchange: 14. Benji Marshall 15. Tevita Pangai 16. Joe Ofahengaue 17. Herman Essese 18. David Mead 19. Jai Arrow 20. Jaydn Su'a 21. Jamayne Isaako

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Yellow.jpg

Referees: Matt Cecchin, Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Chris Butler
Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Ben Galea

No NYC curtain raisers

ISC GF - Falcons (Storm) v PNG at Suncorp, Sun 3:25pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

pantherz9103

First Grade
There is sure to be a strong police presence after the Broncos are assaulted by the Storm. It won't be pretty, Storm by 30.

Someguy

First Grade
A Brisbane win would certainly creat some chaos at NRL headquarters. Rescheduling the grand final will be a massive headache

TheFrog

Coach
Unless the Broncos get more of the largesse they got on Friday night 10 times over, the Storm will be far too good. I think the Storm were flat against the Eels, and a bit lucky to win. It would have woken them up.

ed-grimley

Bench
In the crazy world that is the NRL the Broncos could win this.
If NQ win as well Ben Hunt will get to catch the ball.

JW

Coach
I don't necessarily buy the talk that we're in for an automatic toweling, but the chances of us actually getting up are probably as close to nil as you can get in a two horse race. Melbourne have literally lost FA games this year, so even if we were in decent form our chances would still be marginal.

Whenever we challenge the Storm, it's generally through frustrating them via a consistently desperate defensive line, especially on the goal line, and our attack plays off the back of that. Showed signs of that returning against the Pennies after the shitfest against the Roosters, but it will need to go up another level or two on Friday. This time around though, Melbourne will probably need to have one those 'not turning up' days as well.

Hopefully our blokes will give it a red hot crack, but I'm realistic about the likely outcome. Melbourne really should be winning this comp anyway and anything less would be a huge missed opportunity for them.

Hawkins

Juniors
I pick an upset.

The original Queenslanders will take out the imposter Queenslanders. Brisbane to make the Grand Final.

GongPanther

Referee
There is sure to be a strong police presence after the Broncos are assaulted by the Storm. It won't be pretty, Storm by 30.
A loss like that would make us look even worse.

I'm charging for a likely Broncos win,although in the other forum I indicated that the Roosters would be the only side to stop the Storm.But I'm giving the Broncos a huge chance in this one.Provided they do have Boyd back,and play to their strengths and play more ad-lib football,they have the raw talent to bamboozle the best of them.

Broncos 24-18.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Brisbane have had their eyes on this game since they lost to the Roosters in week 1. With Boyd and TPJ back, anything could happen

Grapple

Bench
Storm by 16.

Brisbane will be competitive but Melbourne will just be too quick and run them over in the end.

pantherz9103

First Grade
A loss like that would make us look even worse.

I'm charging for a likely Broncos win,although in the other forum I indicated that the Roosters would be the only side to stop the Storm.But I'm giving the Broncos a huge chance in this one.Provided they do have Boyd back,and play to their strengths and play more ad-lib football,they have the raw talent to bamboozle the best of them.

Broncos 24-18.

I don't care how it make us look. A Broncos and Roosters Grand Final would be the first Grand Final, I've deliberately not watched.

Storm 36-6 please