What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 premiers.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
This is the most dominated competition I've ever seen. The storm look unbeatable. Even whilst resting their best players this year they've gone on to compete with the rest of the top teams. Who beats them? Only team I think could do it is Cronulla but they're looking fatigued.

Rabbits20

Immortal
This is the most dominated competition I've ever seen. The storm look unbeatable. Even whilst resting their best players this year they've gone on to compete with the rest of the top teams. Who beats them? Only team I think could do it is Cronulla but they're looking fatigued.
Storm win!!!!!

That is unless major injury strikes.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Still convinced the Storm sprint in a marathon. However they do have the Cronk departure factor. I think they'll do it for him.

Roosters keep fluking their wins and haven't built much into the finals.

Broncos have a strong side but not as good as their 2015 side and I think they've got a few key players out of form but they've got a good chance to turn it all around.

Eels are my smokeys but they lack the finals experience. They remind me of us in 2012; a team looking to build some finals experience to then make a charge in the next few years.

Cronulla are capable of going far but they'll be doing it tough at 5th. Wouldn't surprise me seeing them in the prelims but I think that's as far as they'll go.

Manly are a team of a strong core with some fringe/bargain players putting in a good showing this year. I'd like to see them go far purely because of their rag tag side but I think they lack class.

Panthers are all over the place. One week they dominate the next they capitulate. Experience is what they really lack and it was evident yesterday. Will probably get bundled out first week.

Finally the Cowboys are one of the biggest overachievers of any comp I've witnessed and making the finals is an accomplishment in itself. If they lost this week I wouldn't be disappointed if I supported them.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Still convinced the Storm sprint in a marathon. However they do have the Cronk departure factor. I think they'll do it for him.

Roosters keep fluking their wins and haven't built much into the finals.

Broncos have a strong side but not as good as their 2015 side and I think they've got a few key players out of form but they've got a good chance to turn it all around.

Eels are my smokeys but they lack the finals experience. They remind me of us in 2012; a team looking to build some finals experience to then make a charge in the next few years.

Cronulla are capable of going far but they'll be doing it tough at 5th. Wouldn't surprise me seeing them in the prelims but I think that's as far as they'll go.

Manly are a team of a strong core with some fringe/bargain players putting in a good showing this year. I'd like to see them go far purely because of their rag tag side but I think they lack class.

Panthers are all over the place. One week they dominate the next they capitulate. Experience is what they really lack and it was evident yesterday. Will probably get bundled out first week.

Finally the Cowboys are one of the biggest overachievers of any comp I've witnessed and making the finals is an accomplishment in itself. If they lost this week I wouldn't be disappointed if I supported them.

Great analysis mate. If there's a team to beat the storm I honestly believe it to be manly. They are the only side out of the rest of them that can seriously put a team to the sword. Their spine is one of the best in the competition and the combination with the trbo brothers they have going through the middle is deadly. People are shutting them down for having heavy losses but I think every team in that top 8 has had an inconsistent season.

My prediction: storm premiers with manly as the only team capable of knocking them out.

Pommy

Coach
I don't care who wins as long as it isn't storm.
I fancy Para to win the GF driven on by Semi in his last game in the code. Sound familiar? Lol

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I fancy Para to win the GF driven on by Semi in his last game in the code. Sound familiar? Lol

Do you hate the storm? I don't think Eels will win they're not clinical enough. I don't believe they're able to grind like most of the other teams are. Plus they're without gutherson who has been one of their best players.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Do you hate the storm? I don't think Eels will win they're not clinical enough. I don't believe they're able to grind like most of the other teams are. Plus they're without gutherson who has been one of their best players.
For me it's anyone but the Roosters for obvious reasons.

Storm deserve it because they've been the best team by a longshot so far.

For the Broncos it will be their first premiership in over a decade.

The Eels haven't won the comp in 30 odd years and have a point to prove after the salary cap scandal.

Sharks will have the honour of being the first side in 20 years to go back to back, and the Cowboys would be making a monumental achievement if they were to somehow win the comp without both their captains.

Panthers have a young squad and Manly have a group of reject purchases so they would both be looking to prove a point.

In preference my list would be (from who I'd like to win to not)

1. Eels
2. Panthers
3. Sharks
4. Cowboys
5. Broncos
6. Sea Eagles
7. Storm
8. Roosters

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
For me it's anyone but the Roosters for obvious reasons.

Storm deserve it because they've been the best team by a longshot so far.

For the Broncos it will be their first premiership in over a decade.

The Eels haven't won the comp in 30 odd years and have a point to prove after the salary cap scandal.

Sharks will have the honour of being the first side in 20 years to go back to back, and the Cowboys would be making a monumental achievement if they were to somehow win the comp without both their captains.

Panthers have a young squad and Manly have a group of reject purchases so they would both be looking to prove a point.

In preference my list would be (from who I'd like to win to not)

1. Eels
2. Panthers
3. Sharks
4. Cowboys
5. Broncos
6. Sea Eagles
7. Storm
8. Roosters

Hahaha that's great I love how you put the roosters at the bottom. Classic Souths/Roosters rivalry I love it.

The broncos really do have the opportunity to take this premiership though. I would hate to see them do it especially with the way we lost to them this year but they have a lot of departing players and if they can put together a few solid games they might come out and surprise the competition. Ben Hunt and Milford are the key to that teams success.

Pommy

Coach
its easy to win when the refs are just allowing you to play a different rule set to everyone. Wrestling every side I watched the other night and there was only 2 storm players still in the scrum when the ball exited the ref said they have gone early but didn't blow his whistle. I don't care who wins as long as it isn't these idiots.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
its easy to win when the refs are just allowing you to play a different rule set to everyone. Wrestling every side I watched the other night and there was only 2 storm players still in the scrum when the ball exited the ref said they have gone early but didn't blow his whistle. I don't care who wins as long as it isn't these idiots.

I get what you're saying but their ability to abuse the ruck has been around forever. Its technically not against the rules because they're not interfering with the play the ball or having a second dig they're just wrestling players on their backs which they are allowed to do. I think it's genius to be honest but we'll probably see those tactics change when cam smith retires. He is the master at keeping the game at his pace. As we've seen though they struggle to keep up with fast paced teams that like to play through the edges. Manly and Cronulla are the only 2 that I reckon can beat them.

Pommy

Coach
I get what you're saying but their ability to abuse the ruck has been around forever. Its technically not against the rules because they're not interfering with the play the ball or having a second dig they're just wrestling players on their backs which they are allowed to do. I think it's genius to be honest but we'll probably see those tactics change when cam smith retires. He is the master at keeping the game at his pace. As we've seen though they struggle to keep up with fast paced teams that like to play through the edges. Manly and Cronulla are the only 2 that I reckon can beat them.

For me its not in the spirit of the game, and to be honest its probably why I prefer watching super league to NRL.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
For me its not in the spirit of the game, and to be honest its probably why I prefer watching super league to NRL.

Yeah I get that whenever I watch super league the score lines seem ridiculous though. Maybe I'm just watching the wrong games but they'll be along the lines of 55-20 or 40-30. That's just absolute insanity.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
souths have a shiiit team and need to buy real 1st grade players or perish in 2018 ....Shadow...reyno is not the answer he is too injury proned .

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
souths have to think out side the circle and stop this rot of buying has beens and youngsters whom are not a genuine 1st grade player week in and week out otherwise expect mediocrity from them all as R20 would say .....Shadow...

Pommy

Coach
Yeah I get that whenever I watch super league the score lines seem ridiculous though. Maybe I'm just watching the wrong games but they'll be along the lines of 55-20 or 40-30. That's just absolute insanity.

Better than 64-6 lol. Not all games are high scoring.
Have you seen Torontos for and against?

Pommy

Coach
Hahaha fair point. Nah is it shocking? That's where mccrone is going next year! They'll turn into legends.

Played 20. Scored 1112, Conceded 227

Although it is worth noting they are a fully pro team playing at best semi pros. Also it hasn't been great for the away teams going to Canada.
As you can imagine rough and ready amateurs playing league in the north of England may have criminal records and this has had an impact on the teams playing in Canada.

Latest posts