What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Qual Final, Fri - Roosters 24-22 Broncos @ Allianz

Finals Week 1: Roosters v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Pete

Referee
Any reason why Mcguire runs so wide of the ruck?

Surely your job as a middle forward is to take carries through the middle and put fatigue into the oppositions middles. We were barely challenged all night up the guts, Brisbane's middles went missing if you ask me, Mcguire included. Not sure why he was out on the right edge so often.

Napa 62 mintues, 24 tackles
Hargreaves 52 minutes, 25 tackles
Liu 50 minutes, 23 tackles
Taukeiaho 32 minutes, 11 tackles
Evans 22 minutes, 11 tackles

They're extremely low numbers and when we went behind and needed points these guys just had way too much energy and got us into good field position like it was nothing.

That was one of my issues with the performance that they seemed too concerned with going after Keary which prevented them from putting the defence in two minds. However, Josh was the only starting player looking to go through the middle, particularly in the second half. Ofa and Ese also made a difference.

Red Bear

Referee
Roosters have been unconvincing all year I think but keep on winning. They've had those little bits of luck all season that good teams seem to get. They look unconvincing in defence out wide generally (might be why Aubusson and now Matterson are in the centres, rather than Mitchell and Manu with Ferguson out wide). I dunno, something about them I just don't quite buy as top two side. But they've got themselves in a position to win a comp with a likely good run through to the grand final away from Melbourne.

It might just be Melbourne have been so far ahead of the rest that makes both sides last night look a bit off what top class should be this time of year. Feels like the sort of year where 5 and 6 could make a pretty good run at the comp if they get through this week, Manly on their day are very dangerous whilst Cronulla have a fair bit of experience, and are a huge shout if they face Parra next week

pantherz9103

First Grade
Bennett unhappy with the performance, saying they'd be lucky to beat the teams coming 15th and 16th playing like that, yet they only lost by 2 points to the team who finished 2nd..

Spot On

Coach
Bennett unhappy with the performance, saying they'd be lucky to beat the teams coming 15th and 16th playing like that, yet they only lost by 2 points to the team who finished 2nd..

A few ifs........... if Mitchell puts the ball down over the line, Cordner doesn't trip over with no one in front of him, Fergo doesn't do his Fergo shit ...... Mitchell Pearce stops running and kicking aimlessly whenever he touches the ball ......Roosters should have won that game 20 points.

ed-grimley

Bench
A few ifs........... if Mitchell puts the ball down over the line, Cordner doesn't trip over with no one in front of him, Fergo doesn't do his Fergo shit ...... Mitchell Pearce stops running and kicking aimlessly whenever he touches the ball ......Roosters should have won that game 20 points.
You forgot Oates' first try - how did they give that?

Big Pete

Referee
You forgot Oates' first try - how did they give that?

Oates had a loose grip, but there was never any separation by the time he grounded the ball.

I agree with Spot On that the scoreline flattered the Broncos, but the Broncos also bombed a few chances of their own. This could have easily been Parramatta/Broncos all over again.

TheFrog

Coach
You could indulge in exactly the same exercise for the Broncos.

GongPanther

Referee
Spot on,spot on.

ed-grimley

Bench
Oates had a loose grip, but there was never any separation by the time he grounded the ball.

I agree with Spot On that the scoreline flattered the Broncos, but the Broncos also bombed a few chances of their own. This could have easily been Parramatta/Broncos all over again.
There was minimal if any downward pressure. It doesn't matter now anyhow.

Big Pete

Referee
There was minimal if any downward pressure. It doesn't matter now anyhow.

It matters moving forward because there has to be a precedent.

There's still plenty of doubt but at least we know the standard. Hopefully the NRL remains consistent with this interpretation...

blaza88z

Coach
It would have been good for you had the ref pointed and blew once more.

ed, listen up pal.

I only wish the best for you and your family, I strongly suggest you step down, THE CHAMP has ruined many of souls around this place, it's in your best interest you back down and take a seat before THE CHAMP ruins you.

Just trying to help you mate, that's all.

ed-grimley

Bench
ed, listen up pal.

I only wish the best for you and your family, I strongly suggest you step down, THE CHAMP has ruined many of souls around this place, it's in your best interest you back down and take a seat before THE CHAMP ruins you.

Just trying to help you mate, that's all.
The champ doesn't rate in the real world.