What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Qual Final, Fri - Roosters 24-22 Broncos @ Allianz

Finals Week 1: Roosters v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RWB

Bench
It matters moving forward because there has to be a precedent.

There's still plenty of doubt but at least we know the standard. Hopefully the NRL remains consistent with this interpretation...

I hope not.

They obviously need to stick with it for the rest of the year for consistency's sake but would be nice to see them starting putting some responsibility on the ball carrier to display downwards pressure on the ball.

I think everyone's initial instinct when watching that try was Oates lost it.

blaza88z

Coach
Sorry players player* I didn't watch the Ch9 coverage.

Not surprised you missed the game, was a daft comment.

"Players player", that's like getting a participation award when you run last in a 100m race at primary school

RWB

Bench
"Players player", that's like getting a participation award when you run last in a 100m race at primary school

No one cares that you were a fat merkin in primary school.

Completely different concept though. geniused too, must've been a tough childhood.

Big Pete

Referee
So Blair was cited for tripping Jake Friend in the 8th minute.

I have the replay infront of me and for the life of me cannot see any instant where this would have been possible. Did the MRC get the time stamp wrong? Or did they mistake Friend for Napa and a trip for a hit off the ball?

THE CHAMP

First Grade
So Blair was cited for tripping Jake Friend in the 8th minute.

I have the replay infront of me and for the life of me cannot see any instant where this would have been possible. Did the MRC get the time stamp wrong? Or did they mistake Friend for Napa and a trip for a hit off the ball?

We are the broncos Pete. These imaginary things happen all the time. Im surprised boyd wasn't put on report for something. The first forward pass call against us was not replayed Pete have you had a second look at that by any chance. Did u think the second forward pass call on,us was correct as well? Looked flat at worst to be.

Big Pete

Referee
The first forward pass call against us was not replayed Pete have you had a second look at that by any chance. Did u think the second forward pass call on,us was correct as well? Looked flat at worst to be.

The first call against Mead was OK, the second against Hunt was rubbish.

They were harsh calls but there's no point whinging about it, especially when the Broncos were so poor on the night.

RWB

Bench
I'm surprised the bunker missed (lol jks) James Roberts blatant pulling of Mitchell's jersey before he caught the ball for that No Try.

Impossible to claim penalty try but you've got to think the task or scoring the try would've been a lot smoother without the interference. Pretty blatant sin bin that seemed to be missed by all.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm not surprised Cecchin missed the dubious pass from Keary in the lead up.

Otherwise that's a nice catch. It really should have been Roosters ball, if Mitchell bothered to act instead of playing footy he could have drawn the bin as well.

Mind you if we're comparing scars, get a load of Keary's effort on getting onside in the 16th minute.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
We are the broncos Pete. These imaginary things happen all the time. Im surprised boyd wasn't put on report for something. The first forward pass call against us was not replayed Pete have you had a second look at that by any chance. Did u think the second forward pass call on,us was correct as well? Looked flat at worst to be.

Actually around 7:12, Keary makes a huge break and the Roosters end up putting a grubber through. Hunt makes a half-break and Blair sticks his foot out in backplay.

Fair cop to the MRC there.

Shorty

Staff member
Pull the other one.
Blair does about 80 dirty things a game, makes Maguire look like a saint.