What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R10 - Dragons 14-18 Sharks @ Kogarah

Round 10: Dragons v Sharks

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Life's Good

Coach
It's not like the blokes the dragons had have never played footy before
So so so much possession
Pretty shit
True. But the possession is a reflection of Sharks coughing up the ball as opposed to us playing smart footy. McCrone gave up 4 seven tackle sets from poor kicks which shows he just isn't up to it even with Widdop & Duges around him. If the forward pass & knock on are called we win but as they say if my Aunty had b*lls she would be my uncle. Enjoy the win.

Card Shark

Immortal
Refs diabolical in awarding final 2 sharks tries.

I assume you are talking about the knock-on by Graham when playing the ball?

Yeh that legend commentator Anasta was going on about it after the game, sprucing that he spotted it.

He neglected to say that McCrone deliberately knocked it out of his hand, so suck shit McCrone, your sneaky play failed to pay off.

Which other try also had a problem, what was it?

carcharias

Immortal
True. But the possession is a reflection of Sharks coughing up the ball as opposed to us playing smart footy. McCrone gave up 4 seven tackle sets from poor kicks which shows he just isn't up to it even with Widdop & Duges around him. If the forward pass & knock on are called we win but as they say if my Aunty had b*lls she would be my uncle. Enjoy the win.

You ok with the strip on Fifita?

phonetic

Juniors

If you need it eludicated then you either completely missed it, you are trolling or perhaps take residence on another planet.

Nonetheless, a lot of teams would have not been within striking distance to take benefit from such handy decisions, bearing in mind how poorly they played. Fair play to Cronulla in that regard.

Similarly, had we been full strength I suspect we get the W. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Onto the next. Comfortable with where the club is headed at the minute. Perhaps a bottom half of 8 team this year, but if most of this forward pack stays put, next year could be a nice one.

I assume you are talking about the knock-on by Graham when playing the ball?

Yeh that legend commentator Anasta was going on about it after the game, sprucing that he spotted it.

He neglected to say that McCrone deliberately knocked it out of his hand, so suck shit McCrone, your sneaky play failed to pay off.

Referring to the two handed over head pass to Feki.

On the play the ball. I felt the ref let it go because it would have been a penalty anyway. Not that it's what they should do.

If you need it eludicated then you either completely missed it, you are trolling or perhaps take residence on another planet.

Nonetheless, a lot of teams would have not been within striking distance to take benefit from such handy decisions, bearing in mind how poorly they played. Fair play to Cronulla in that regard.

Similarly, had we been full strength I suspect we get the W. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Onto the next. Comfortable with where the club is headed at the minute. Perhaps a bottom half of 8 team this year, but if most of this forward pack stays put, next year could be a nice one.
Dragons will still make the four I reckon. Great forward pack and when Widdop and Dugan are back they will make another run after origin

I can't recall it to be honest(kids running around the house). Was it part of general play or lead up to a try??
Was a sweep play on the 5th. Fifita should have passed as had a 3 on 1 overlap but went himself. Was carrying a couple of players and McCrone (I think) clearly striped the ball out.

Should never have got to that if the big fella had just passed the damn ball

Life's Good

Coach
Was a sweep play on the 5th. Fifita should have passed as had a 3 on 1 overlap but went himself. Was carrying a couple of players and McCrone (I think) clearly striped the ball out.

Should never have got to that if the big fella had just passed the damn ball
Ok. So could have led to a try so it is a bad miss by the refs(if no penalty was given even more frustrating on your part). Also, strips/loose carries are a minefield that are consistently called incorrectly.
My angle with the refs is the 2 dud calls(call me biased)led to tries. We lost by 4 and we're handicapped by an atrocious kicking game. No dramas on you winning, as I said, you play what's in front of you(like us playing NQ without Thurston).

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal

The overhead pass by Leutele to Feki was backwards. I freeze-framed it the instant it left hands. He was angled back (head & body) & the ball was behind him, with Feki nearly a meter behind,

It was a quick 2m pass & gave the impression it was forward. Try that yourself!

In regards to the Dragons, go to our forum if you will, I have been praising your team & think we only just beat a quality team, minus 2 of their best. Unlike the last couple of years, I think the Dragons will not fold & are good things for the top 4.

Ok. So could have led to a try so it is a bad miss by the refs(if no penalty was given even more frustrating on your part). Also, strips/loose carries are a minefield that are consistently called incorrectly.
My angle with the refs is the 2 dud calls(call me biased)led to tries. We lost by 2 and we're handicapped by an atrocious kicking game. No dramas on you winning, as I said, you play what's in front of you(like us playing NQ without Thurston).
Fair enough LG. just want to highlight it wasn't a loose carry. It was a a striping action every day of the week. The refs would have been behind the play and of course video ref can't step in given it wasn't in the act of scoring.

Dopey Fifita blew it at the end of the day

blaza88z

Coach
You blokes discussing the Fifita bombed try, what about Sosaia "butterhands" Feki.. that's one of the worst I have seen, is he mates with Tim Simona?

That's a Toovey special, there has to be an investigation.

Card Shark

Immortal
My angle with the refs is the 2 dud calls(call me biased)led to tries.

McCrone clearly deliberately sneakily knocked the bill out of Graham's hand as he went to play it (go watch the replay). Unfortunately the ref didn't see it & nor did the video ref....or did they & were playing advantage??

blaza88z

Coach
McCrone clearly deliberately sneakily knocked the bill out of Graham's hand as he went to play it (go watch the replay). Unfortunately the ref didn't see it & nor did the video ref....or did they & were playing advantage??

He was digging that hard he came up with oil, blatant strip. That's when the bunker should be able to intervene lol, that wasn't a 50/50 where it's one of those times they call it a loose carry, he had nothing else on his mind but to rip that ball from his grasp.

Life's Good

Coach
Fair enough LG. just want to highlight it wasn't a loose carry. It was a a striping action every day of the week. The refs would have been behind the play and of course video ref can't step in given it wasn't in the act of scoring.

Dopey Fifita blew it at the end of the day
I reckon we agree the refs are f*cked. On to next week.

Card Shark

Immortal
From a distance, it looked like a ref stuff up but I tell ya I'd be dirty if that try was taken off us because of a blatant strip attempt.

Should've been 6 again....then try!

Life's Good

Coach
It actually never ends on rough calls(either way). You just end up hoping you get a couple of square ups during the year.