What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R10 - Panthers 36-28 Warriors @ Pepper

Round 10: Panthers v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RWB

Bench
Cordner & Graham should start, but they won't. Cordner, Jackson and Frizzel will probably start.

Graham on the bench, along with 1 or 2 other back rowers. It would not amaze me if Merrin starts and Frizzel and Graham are on the bench.

Cartwright would probably be ahead of Yeo, but on form, shouldn't be.

If the team was picked on form, and it never is, Yeo would be in the conversation. And should be considered over Merrin, Cartwright, and Jackson. Finucane and De Belin should also be considered on form, and looking to the future, but also won't be.

If purely form was the guide, Lewis would never have been out of any rep sides, and Gallen would get back into the NSW squad.

But we know politics, favouring incumbents, and "potential"/"being built for Origin" (read: media hype) count as much or more than form or ability. So Yeo should be considered, but won't at all be.

Edit: left out Trbojevic. Having now made the Aussie side I dare say he would make NSW, but Holmes did too, and probably won't play for Queensland. Anyway, Trbojevic should be starting lock with Graham and Cordner, or Frizzel and Cordner, with Frizzel/Graham on the bench, then 1 or 2 other back rowers, or possibly Trbojevic on the bench and other three start. I doubt it will happen though.

There is so much dribble in that post I don't event know where to start other than I fundamentally disagree that Yeo should be picked on form or ability.

Yeo made his first linebreak of the season and now he's one of the form backrowers in the comp. Give me a break, because he's certainly not there as a yardage man, he's there to run lines for his halves.

GongPanther

Referee
That makes no logical sense.

You said Yeo should be considered for Origin but you hadn't thought about any other players who were in contention?

There's no logic or rationale to that statement what so ever..

And there was never meant to be any other players whom I thought he should replace. It's because you threw a name in the hat,then it became as you call it, "illogical".

Hypothetically speaking,if Yeo made the squad,it matters to me nought who doesn't make it,nor was it my interest to name anyone who Yeo should replace.That is up to the selectors. Get my point now?

RWB

Bench
And there was never meant to be any other players whom I thought he should replace. It's because you threw a name in the hat,then it became as you call it, "illogical".

Hypothetically speaking,if Yeo made the squad,it matters to me nought who doesn't make it,nor was it my interest to name anyone who Yeo should replace.That is up to the selectors. Get my point now?

No your point has no substance. You said Yeo should be considered for an origin spot and I questioned over who and you said you hadn't thought about that. Because when you sit down and look at the players available for NSW at second row, Yeo shouldn't be considered for a spot in the 17.

In reality you're pumped your side won in an awesome come back and in the emotion of that stoked with Yeo's performance you made a biased statement that you really hadn't given much though to.

GongPanther

Referee
No your point has no substance. You said Yeo should be considered for an origin spot and I questioned over who and you said you hadn't thought about that. Because when you sit down and look at the players available for NSW at second row, Yeo shouldn't be considered for a spot in the 17.

In reality you're pumped your side won in an awesome come back and in the emotion of that stoked with Yeo's performance you made a biased statement that you really hadn't given much though to.

And your point has no substance because you think Yeo shouldn't be considered. It's a dead argument/discussion.

I'm basing it on solid and requent good form.And being considered doesn't actually mean he does get picked.The selectors I'm sure look at the long list,and over time,some players get considered to a shorter list.And if any of the others lose their bottle in the first or second SOO game,I'm sure Yeo will be spoken about...and that is if he doesn't make the initial squad for the first game.Which in fact I don't think he will,but has a good chance.

wibble

Bench
There is so much dribble in that post I don't event know where to start other than I fundamentally disagree that Yeo should be picked on form or ability.

Yeo made his first linebreak of the season and now he's one of the form backrowers in the comp. Give me a break, because he's certainly not there as a yardage man, he's there to run lines for his halves.

Thanks for your constructive criticism. I can't compete with your overwhelming logic, dribbler that I am.

Yeo makes near 120 metres and 30 tackles a game. In a team being belted most weeks. Seems OK to me.

Frizell has made 1 line break too, but only 100 metres per game. Guess he is not a metre eater either. We want only back rowers with a heap of line breaks....(Graham has 7, Sutton is the next best back rower at 4, guess we should select him...No others have above 3 for NSW).

I guess since you were arguing that Frizell would have to be dropped, as Graham and Cordner have to be picked, you must have Merrin or Trbojevic (or Jackson?) at lock? And only 1 back rower (Frizell) on the bench.

So by your non dribbling logic, for Yeo to not be in the conversation on form, you would HAVE to anticipate Jackson is the only other option if there are injuries, or heaven forbid, we have 2 back rowers on the bench (I know Daley loves props, but there just aren't many left standing).

You obviously can't be considering Finucane, De Belin or Yeo, since I was dribbling by suggesting those.

Good news for Gallen then. If NSW have a single back row injury and want 2 back rowers (or need another middle forward at back row with prop stocks low and there is 1 more prop injury), he only has to beat out a 2nd rower playing terribly at 5/8 who has only a handful of games this year, and he is back in the Blues squad.

GongPanther

Referee
Thanks for your constructive criticism. I can't compete with your overwhelming logic, dribbler that I am.

Yeo makes near 120 metres and 30 tackles a game. In a team being belted most weeks. Seems OK to me.

Frizell has made 1 line break too, but only 100 metres per game. Guess he is not a metre eater either. We want only back rowers with a heap of line breaks....(Graham has 7, Sutton is the next best back rower at 4, guess we should select him...No others have above 3 for NSW).

I guess since you were arguing that Frizell would have to be dropped, as Graham and Cordner have to be picked, you must have Merrin or Trbojevic (or Jackson?) at lock? And only 1 back rower (Frizell) on the bench.

So by your non dribbling logic, for Yeo to not be in the conversation on form, you would HAVE to anticipate Jackson is the only other option if there are injuries, or heaven forbid, we have 2 back rowers on the bench (I know Daley loves props, but there just aren't many left standing).

You obviously can't be considering Finucane, De Belin or Yeo, since I was dribbling by suggesting those.

Good news for Gallen then. If NSW have a single back row injury and want 2 back rowers (or need another middle forward at back row with prop stocks low and there is 1 more prop injury), he only has to beat out a 2nd rower playing terribly at 5/8 who has only a handful of games this year, and he is back in the Blues squad.

I have no beef with that poster.But he really thinks his opinion is the only one worthy of consideration.

If he owns a black cat,he'll argue black and blue that his black cat is blacker than any one elses black cat.:)

wibble

Bench
I have no beef with that poster.But he really thinks his opinion is the only one worthy of consideration.

If he owns a black cat,he'll argue black and blue that his black cat is blacker than any one elses black cat.:)

Me either. And arguing is the point of these forums. Since RWB just dismissed my points out of hand, I didn't have much to work on but the "dribble" line aimed at me, but I don't actually care, and don't think calling any post dribble is either very useful, or very cutting.

And I think you could make a good argument Yeo shouldn't be considered, especially because he won't be.

I just think on form it is not outrageous to suggest he is in the top 6 or so backrowers eligible to play for NSW (even if around 6th). And therefore that he should be considered.

GongPanther

Referee
Me either. And arguing is the point of these forums. Since RWB just dismissed my points out of hand, I didn't have much to work on but the "dribble" line aimed at me, but I don't actually care, and don't think calling any post dribble is either very useful, or very cutting.

And I think you could make a good argument Yeo shouldn't be considered, especially because he won't be.

I just think on form it is not outrageous to suggest he is in the top 6 or so backrowers eligible to play for NSW (even if around 6th). And therefore that he should be considered.
I mentioned that he only should be considered,and I did not bang my fist on the Tripple Jay Card Table and demand that he actually should get the nod.