What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R12 Sat - Warriors 28-10 Broncos @ Mt Smart

Round 12: Warriors v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lebbo73

Bench
The Broncos being Origin player less, brings them back into the field, must be what it would be like if TPA's weren't a thing and the Donkey's had to share their city with another (or 2) teams
Yeah, TPA's you idiot. If this was true we would have won more GF's in the last 10yrs merkin.

Big Pete

Referee
The most stacked team doesn't always win the GF. The 2015 GF comes to mind

Really? The Cowboys had an amazing side in their own right, especially after they were able to snatch up a few cheeky late buys.

The Broncos were never in it, but for the Warriors sake hopefully this game gives them some much needed confidence. Mannering makes a huge difference to the way they dominate the ruck. With him around, the Warriors have that extra cover in defence and their attack has another dimension. He really brings Johnson into the game and when he & Luke get going, you'll see exactly what you saw.

The test for them is to see how they respond when they don't have all the ball and field territory. They've earned the reputation for being flat track bullies and I really hope they're able to go on with it and be more like the Warriors in 2011 than the Warriors from 2012-16.

Having Johnson, Tuivasa-Sheck, Foran and Luke around should help that.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The Warriors are not one of those clubs lol, they have noone but to blame but themselves for being unable to compete with top sides, look at their roster.. they should be a lock for the top 4 with that spine

Bottom 4 packs don't make top 4 sides regardless of spine.

Spot On

Coach
Yeah, TPA's you idiot. If this was true we would have won more GF's in the last 10yrs merkin.

I'd suggest that if you don't win this year a different coach will be a must. You cant have every conceivable advantage from TPA rorts, huge numbers of rep players, refereeing advantages, weekly turnarounds playing Friday nights etc, etc and fail to win a comp. Bennett was supposed to return the Broncos to their glory years. How long does he get????

I agree with you, it is nowhere near good enough to be continually favoured and come up with zip

TheDMC

Bench
Nice one Gavet.

I'm not sure if it's remarkable or sad that he's become our best prop in the space of a month but good on him for stepping up.

It would be sad if he was our best prop but just doing a solid job like a Lillyman. But Gavet is one of the form props of the competition I reckon, so its all good. Stoked to see. Now we just need a few clones of him.

TheDMC

Bench
Best thing about the Origin period is it gives shit teams a chance against good sides.

I prefer to see it as fair compensation for the warriors having to travel a gazillion miles more during the season.

But yeah, your right.

TheDMC

Bench
The Warriors are not one of those clubs lol, they have noone but to blame but themselves for being unable to compete with top sides, look at their roster.. they should be a lock for the top 4 with that spine

That spine would win premierships behind a pack that could equal or dominate the opposition pack week in week out.
If your pack gets rolled and your defence is overall pretty shite, as is the case of the warriors, then your spine is toast no matter how good they might be.

Generalzod

Immortal
lTAaFxe.jpg
Wrapped in plastic

Iafeta

Referee
Jesus H Christ. Just saw the post match on Fox. Is Corey Parker the full quid? He mentions the Broncos dominated the second half and won the second half.

Listen merkin, maths is class clearly not your strong point. 16-0 became 28-10. That's 12-10 to the other mob. Brisbane scored two brilliant miraculous long range tries. The Warriors completed at 100% in the second half and comfortably controlled possession and territory. It's not as if we were turning the Broncos away, I think they had one set in our 20.

As far as the Broncos being unlucky with Origin. They have unlimited TPAs. They brought David Mead onto one wing, replaced the Australian fullback with a Kiwi international, replaced their halves with a former Queensland and Australian player and also a former New Zealand test captain, and were so blase they had a Kiwis test hooker play limited minutes off the bench. Ok there was a couple of young chaps but it's not as if they brought in Neville no names that every other club has to.

ed-grimley

Bench
I can imagine you have done a lot of melting over the Broncos through the years. I will leave you to continue your journey of butthurt.
I'm not concerned - it's been over 10 years since your last GF win.
Maybe Brisbane could do with another team - it may snap the Broncos out of their sense of entitlement and subsequent complacency.

Lebbo73

Bench
I'm not concerned - it's been over 10 years since your last GF win.
Maybe Brisbane could do with another team - it may snap the Broncos out of their sense of entitlement and subsequent complacency.
I welcome another team. The Crushers didn't worry us and their is nothing wrong with competition. While we are at it, let's boot the West-Tigers.

GongPanther

Referee
6 years ago?

2011? The Broncos barely beat Penrith early in the season, and in the return game Michael Gordon carved the Broncos up. That happened to be on the same day Gus signed on for the Panthers, so it was a joyous day for your club.

The Panthers have a very decent record against the Broncos.

Believe it or not, but the game you're referring to happened 10 years ago. I remember it well because the Panthers had Liam Georgetown and John Nuumaalii play for them, so obviously your side wasn't doing too crash hot themselves.

If it's any consolation, in one of the worst seasons for the Broncos, that was one of the better wins the club had and it still had nothing on that crazy Round 3 Golden Point game. It took me years to forgive Boyd for that Wesser try...

Where were we?

Ah yes, Warriors v Broncos. With Mannering back, it's the Warriors game to lose. Johnson should be too strong for Marshall and I'm curious to see how Benji & Moga go trying to shut down SJ & Fusitua.
10 years?! Wow,time really flies.

Latest posts