What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R14 Mon - Bulldogs 16-2 Dragons @ ANZ

Round 14: Bulldogs v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cogburn

Juniors
It was pretty predictable that so long as Des had done his job on the Dogs all week, they would be desperate to win this. Whereas the Dragons didn't need the game.

You don't underestimate a coach who has made the finals 12 years running.

They've got the creamiest draw imaginable, they'll not only make the finals but should cruise into the top 4. After that they'll be found out.
No such thing as a creamy draw in the NRL.

carcharias

Immortal
Well
The dogs were utter rubbish
Chucking shit passes left right and centre.
However even after chucking the ball away all game...
The only points that were scored against them came from a bullshit penalty.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's not an excuse unless something happens which alters the course of the game. That is fairly unlikely.

Still, if alternatives are available, he shouldn't be anywhere near Dogs games.
LOL. Just noticed this.

By your woeful logic, Bryan Norrie cannot be in the Bunker for games involving Cronulla, Melbourne, Penrith or the Dragons, and similarly Ben Galea cannot be in the Bunker for a Wests Tigers game.

Is it not evident how utterly ridiculous this notion is? These guys have become match officials for the betterment of the game, not to serve the interests of any former club.

But yes, let's worry about Illawarra-born Luke Patten who played his junior footy in Wollongong and debuted for the Steelers and played for the Dragons before he made his way to Canterbury lol.

(In case it's not clear, match officials should be able to officiate any game, regardless of perceived bias from Dragons fans).

LOL. Just noticed this.

By your woeful logic, Bryan Norrie cannot be in the Bunker for games involving Cronulla, Melbourne, Penrith or the Dragons, and similarly Ben Galea cannot be in the Bunker for a Wests Tigers game.

Is it not evident how utterly ridiculous this notion is? These guys have become match officials for the betterment of the game, not to serve the interests of any former club.

But yes, let's worry about Illawarra-born Luke Patten who played his junior footy in Wollongong and debuted for the Steelers and played for the Dragons before he made his way to Canterbury lol.

(In case it's not clear, match officials should be able to officiate any game, regardless of perceived bias from Dragons fans).

Pff. f**k off clown.

Patten (and the others mentioned) generally do a good job. I've never seen anything to indicate that they show any kind of bias for or against clubs based on their playing careers.

But if a game altering, controversial decision were to be made by a video ref in favour of their former club in a big game, the potential ramifications for the game simply aren't worth the risk. Media beat up, "game in disrepute", etc, etc. Better to just nip it in the bud by seeking alternatives.

I'm flattered that your perception of my perceived bias was enough for you to jerk it in to a frothy mess to. But no. It's not to say that any club is getting a leg up through choice of match day officials, it's about mitigating risk to the game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pff. f**k off clown.

Patten (and the others mentioned) generally do a good job. I've never seen anything to indicate that they show any kind of bias for or against clubs based on their playing careers.

But if a game altering, controversial decision were to be made by a video ref in favour of their former club in a big game, the potential ramifications for the game simply aren't worth the risk. Media beat up, "game in disrepute", etc, etc. Better to just nip it in the bud by seeking alternatives.

I'm flattered that your perception of my perceived bias was enough for you to jerk it in to a frothy mess to. But no. It's not to say that any club is getting a leg up through choice of match day officials, it's about mitigating risk to the game.
My point is that if you were fair dinkum about this point of view, you'd have expressed it when any of the other examples I listed above came into play.

You only gave a f**k when it was Saints v Canterbury and involved Luke Patten, which says it all.

My point is that if you were fair dinkum about this point of view, you'd have expressed it when any of the other examples I listed above came into play.

You only gave a f**k when it was Saints v Canterbury and involved Luke Patten, which says it all.

No dipshit.

I came in to the game thread to check the mail because the first Graham and Reynolds ins rumours were circling on FB.

You, Barkley and some Dragons fan were deeply embroiled in a circle jerk and I made the following fairly innocuous comment:

It's not an excuse unless something happens which alters the course of the game. That is fairly unlikely.

Still, if alternatives are available, he shouldn't be anywhere near Dogs games.

I express my worry about risk to the game in all of these cases + Perenara pretty much weekly to whoever I'm watching the footy with. Dogs - Dragons game thread would be an inappropriate time to start ranting about more general concerns.

Crawl back in to your hole.