What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R14 Sat - Eels 6-32 Cowboys @ TIO (Darwin)

Round 14: Eels v Cowboys

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazal

Post Whore
Hope so. Plenty of my mates are Eels fans so I want to see them do well.
Is Arthur the man to take them forward though??

I think so. At least for the moment. He's had a lot of off field shit to deal with, probably more than anyone bar Brown and Taylor/Cleary. He's built a side based on Norman, Foran and Peats in the three most important positions and then lost two of them thanks to his board cheating the salary cap, and so he was back to square one within a few months of starting with the side he wanted.

But despite all that we won enough games last year that we were "8th" if not for the cap penalty, and while consistency is certainly an issue (as expected of a fringe 8 side, really), he's got us in the mix again despite having a centre playing 6 for most of the year, a woeful hooker and a pack lacking a big body or two. He knows what the squad needs, he's been actively trying to sign Peats back (which now seems unlikely sadly) and he's bought a genuine half (although I would have preferred Widdop myself). Plus adding Kane Evans and looking to throw Willis Meehan a life line to bulk up the pack.

So yeah, I think on balance he's doing a good job. Of course, far better coaches have failed at Parramatta....

Life's Good

Coach
I think so. At least for the moment. He's had a lot of off field shit to deal with, probably more than anyone bar Brown and Taylor/Cleary. He's built a side based on Norman, Foran and Peats in the three most important positions and then lost two of them thanks to his board cheating the salary cap, and so he was back to square one within a few months of starting with the side he wanted.

But despite all that we won enough games last year that we were "8th" if not for the cap penalty, and while consistency is certainly an issue (as expected of a fringe 8 side, really), he's got us in the mix again despite having a centre playing 6 for most of the year, a woeful hooker and a pack lacking a big body or two. He knows what the squad needs, he's been actively trying to sign Peats back (which now seems unlikely sadly) and he's bought a genuine half (although I would have preferred Widdop myself). Plus adding Kane Evans and looking to throw Willis Meehan a life line to bulk up the pack.

So yeah, I think on balance he's doing a good job. Of course, far better coaches have failed at Parramatta....
Really good summary. Thanks. Widdop has been good for us this year pretty sure he would have been a good pick up so definitely glad we kept him.
I really like French and hope you guys build a game plan that suits him chiming in but I guess that's where you need the forwards getting those metre and opening up the field with your 6/7 directing the play.
Certainly hoping it clicks for you guys soon.

beave

Coach
One team just wanted to play football tonight, the other wanted to grub it up at every opportunity and waste bucketloads of energy in the process thus getting their asses handed to them.

Clifferd

Coach
f**k yeah Coen Hess you mad bastard. Beers on me brother

How can I personally congratulate this wonderful man

beave

Coach
The only thing that he needs fixing is his neck from the whiplash of getting hit so hard from Drago.

no name

Coach
I assume Peter Badel for breaking a bullshit story that JT was playing against the doctor's orders.
I hope it is Badel, he's such a smug merkin.
Brisbane's version of Hooper who reports rumours as fact due to having it on 'good authority'.

Need more players refusing to talk to these f**kwit reporters that make shit up.

2141 fella

Juniors
f**k yeah Coen Hess you mad bastard. Beers on me brother
How can I personally congratulate this wonderful man

Yes I was thinking the same thing. What a hit !!!
Albeit on a little girly boy, but f**k what a hit.
Was good to see him lay down for his new club Just like he did for the WT.
Witty is wringing his hands as rocks back and forth howling out ( mitchy poo !!! Wake up mitchy poo )
There has to be a way to buy Cohen a few beers. How does this crowd funding thing work ?
Aaaand razor, razor, where the f**k is razor ??

Clifferd

Coach
Yes I was thinking the same thing. What a hit !!!
Albeit on a little girly boy, but f**k what a hit.
Was good to see him lay down for his new club Just like he did for the WT.
Witty is wringing his hands as rocks back and forth howling out ( mitchy poo !!! Wake up mitchy poo )
There has to be a way to buy Cohen a few beers. How does this crowd funding thing work ?
Aaaand razor, razor, where the f**k is razor ??

f**kin loved seeing the girly pencil necked pimple face merkin smash his head on the turf I gotta admit. Even though I saw it on replay, I was overjoyed with excitement

It won't be long before parra supporters start calling for his head...like we all expected lol

beave

Coach
Hopefully we can hold onto him and he doesn't go chasing the bright lights of Sydney/Brisbane.

Latest posts