What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R14 Thu - Sharks 13-18 Storm @ SCGS

Round 14: Sharks v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carcharias

Immortal
You may want to check your stats. Penalties 9-6
Yeah I do stand corrected
However...
Triple M reported 6 all straight after the game.
I had to go pick up my kid and only caught the end of it on radio.
I read online it was 9-6 later.

Not exactly the one sided penalty count people were claiming it as.

I don't know how many times you can hold down a player a metre off the line for and be penalised , before they use the sin bin.

Storm must have unlimited hold downs.

Frailty

First Grade
7912 for GF replay is piss poor
It is...

But realistically there are numerous reasons:
- Thursday night
- Interstate team with no real Sydney following.
- Piss poor weather for a number of days.

I don't know how the NRL thought coming into the long weekend they would schedule the GF replay on Thursday rather than Sunday on a long weekend. They ensured they would have virtually not travelling crowd turning up, and would turn off families because of the late Thursday kick off time.

big hit!

Bench
how the f**k is it a replay? i suppose there was also commentary about melbourne getting revenge for losing the premiership too? cos if i were a player, winning a ho-hum NRL match at a swamp in woolooware makes up for a premiership season ending in tatters.

big hit!

Bench
It is...

But realistically there are numerous reasons:
- Thursday night
- Interstate team with no real Sydney following.
- Piss poor weather for a number of days.

I don't know how the NRL thought coming into the long weekend they would schedule the GF replay on Thursday rather than Sunday on a long weekend. They ensured they would have virtually not travelling crowd turning up, and would turn off families because of the late Thursday kick off time.

maybe, if you replace NRL with Channel 9, you'll get closer to finding your answer.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Sharks have been dudded with their home draw for the first 20 rounds.....Three Thursday night games against the big guns in Broncos, Storm and Cows. Even our derby was 6pm Sunday. Only one Sunday afternoon game unfortunately. Can't have it both ways i guess. Last year we only had 4 free-to air games but had 9 Sunday arvo games. This year as premiers we have 9 free-to air but only one Sunday game. Good for the sponsors i guess.

Clifferd

Coach
The ole gf replay haha

It's only a replay if they play each other again in the gf, which is kinda likely

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah I do stand corrected
However...
Triple M reported 6 all straight after the game.
I had to go pick up my kid and only caught the end of it on radio.
I read online it was 9-6 later.

Not exactly the one sided penalty count people were claiming it as.

I don't know how many times you can hold down a player a metre off the line for and be penalised , before they use the sin bin.

Storm must have unlimited hold downs.

Gal should've dived more

MilkShark

First Grade
When the ball fell off the tee for Smith and he kicked the ball off the ground about 2 or 3 metres, time was still running.

Should that have been a penalty?

Serious question. not looking for excuses why we lost but I'm generally interested in the rule.

If gals an expert he'd find a way. Pff what a loser

Nah he's a winner.

The Tigers and yourself however.......

20161003013639_GettyImages-611942990_594_screen.jpg