What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R16 Fri - Wests Tigers 14-26 Titans @ Campbelltown

Round 16: Wests Tigers v Titans

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Pete

Referee
I guess I've just grown sick and tired of the same bullshit commentary over the years, take Wednesday night for example, Pierce puts up a bomb that Gagai misjudged and gets tackled in goal, commentators " great kick, expertly placed, just what blues needed ". Let's take the same kick but say Gagai catches it, commentators " poor kick, straight to the winger, what were they thinking ".

I hear ya.

As great a player as Billy is, I always find it odd how commentators credit him for re-inventing the fullback role because of his ballplay.

First off, ball-playing fullbacks have been around since at least the days of Churchill, if not longer. Second, as magnificent as Slater is, he came up through a generation of great ball-playing fullbacks. Minichiello, Stewart, Bowen, Hunt, Hayne, Boyd etc. were all magnificent at it so how Slater gets singled out from that lot, I don't know.

Anyways another low point for the Tigers. I thought the forwards did their part but the backs were very poor. Naiqama, Lolohea and Brooks especially offered the Tigers absolutely nothing and when Watene-Zelezniak was denied his try it was all over.

Tommy Smith

Referee
As phenomenal as Mini was in his prime; a ball playing fullback he was not.

More like Josh Dugan on steroids between 2003 - 2006ish when his back issues started.

Big Pete

Referee
I know he isn't remembered for it, but it was a part of his game he was developing, particularly in the back end of 2004 right up until he was ruled out in early 06.

Everyone goes on about Lockyer's performance in the 04 Tri Series final, but it's the work from Minichiello that makes the difference.

billygilmore

Juniors
I hear ya.

As great a player as Billy is, I always find it odd how commentators credit him for re-inventing the fullback role because of his ballplay.

First off, ball-playing fullbacks have been around since at least the days of Churchill, if not longer. Second, as magnificent as Slater is, he came up through a generation of great ball-playing fullbacks. Minichiello, Stewart, Bowen, Hunt, Hayne, Boyd etc. were all magnificent at it so how Slater gets singled out from that lot, I don't know

It's bloody weird I tell ya, it's like the commentators are so eager to tell us that whatever player of the current time is the greatest player that's ever played in that position.

billygilmore

Juniors
I know he isn't remembered for it, but it was a part of his game he was developing, particularly in the back end of 2004 right up until he was ruled out in early 06.

Everyone goes on about Lockyer's performance in the 04 Tri Series final, but it's the work from Minichiello that makes the difference.

Minichiello is what I remember most from that whole tri series, it's funny I specifically remember staying up late for that final too as I had done for every other tri nations game during that tournament, except the final was played 1 hr earlier than every other game and I missed the whole Lockyer dominating half. When I tuned in the game was already over, still pisses me of cause I remember at the time locky was still well and truly living in Johns shadow as far as being a half was concerned and I missed maybe his best game for the Aussies, plus the pommie commentators were talking there team up something chronic during the series, especially when the they beat us earlier, by the time I tuned in the final they were already deflated and defeated in there commentary

Rabbits20

Immortal
Nope serious. Shocker in origin and he'll massacre the tigers like he always does with fair ease
Well called...............

Lucky I tipped the Titans.

I just couldn't bring myself to tip the abomination.

Cmon Knights next week!!!!!!!

billygilmore

Juniors
That's not loyal at all!!!!!!!

That's called sooking!!!!!

I never switched Souths off through the very shit times and never once have I left a Souths game early...........

Whoooaah whoooaah everyone looks like we got a loyalty badass over here. #loyal #derro #mymothersmysister

Clifferd

Coach
That's not loyal at all!!!!!!!

That's called sooking!!!!!

I never switched Souths off through the very shit times and never once have I left a Souths game early...........

Funny

There's more important things in life than footy

Latest posts