What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R16 Sat - Cowboys 14-12 Panthers @ 1300SMILES

Round 16: Cowboys v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 16
North Queensland Cowboys v Penrith Panthers
1300SMILES Stadium, Townsville (TICKETS)
Saturday 24 June 2017

Gates 12:30pm / NYC 12:40pm / NRL 3pm

NQL-17teamlist.jpg

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Michael Morgan 7. Johnathan Thurston 8. John Asiata 9. Jake Granville 10. Scott Bolton 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Ben Hampton 15. Coen Hess 16. Shaun Fensom 17. Corey Jensen 18. Kyle Laybutt 19. Kalyn Ponga 20. Javid Bowen 21. Braeden Uele

PEN-17teamlist.jpg

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Josh Mansour 3. Dean Whare 4. Waqa Blake 5. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 6. Matt Moylan 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Mitch Rein 10. Regan Campbell-Gillard 11. Corey Harawira 12. Isaah Yeo 13. Trent Merrin
Interchange: 14. Tyrone Peachey 15. Leilani Latu 16. Tim Browne 17. Viliame Kikau 18. Kaide Ellis 19. Sione Katoa 20. Sitaleki Akauola 21. Bryce Cartwright

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Red.jpg

Referees: Grant Atkins, Chris Sutton
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis, Jarrod Cole
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Ben Galea

NYC - Sat 12:40pm at 1300SMILES

ISC (Cowboys) - Pride host PNG at Barlow Park, Sat 5:35pm
Townsville away to Tweed (Titans) at Piggabeen Sun 2pm
Mackay away to Norths (Broncos) at Bishop Park, Sun 3pm

ISP - Panthers away to Warriors at Mt Smart, Sat 11am AEST​

Last edited by a moderator:

beave

Coach
Been a touch under 10 years since our last day game in NQ (warriors in a finals game '07)

Hopefully we are cheeky buggars again and wear our away strip and force the panfers to wear their black kit. 3pm kick off is ridiculous in NQ but whatevs.

I look forward to Lolo leaving his boot print in Tamous chest as he runs over him for the 10th time.

Feel like the bye may have come at a bad time for us. We win the battle up front, we win the game. But I think the Cows should get us here, as long as JT plays. Cows by 10

mxlegend99

Referee
Been a touch under 10 years since our last day game in NQ (warriors in a finals game '07)

Hopefully we are cheeky buggars again and wear our away strip and force the panfers to wear their black kit. 3pm kick off is ridiculous in NQ but whatevs.

I look forward to Lolo leaving his boot print in Tamous chest as he runs over him for the 10th time.
How hot could it possibly be? I know NQ is warmer than Sydney, but surely in winter it couldnt be that hot to gain an advantage like that.

I cant see that being an advantage until its like mid 30s or higher.

beave

Coach
How hot could it possibly be? I know NQ is warmer than Sydney, but surely in winter it couldnt be that hot to gain an advantage like that.

I cant see that being an advantage until its like mid 30s or higher.

Off the top of my head, this time of year probably high 20's (27-28c), though you're probably right mate, not as much advantage as that finals game (it was about 34c and bullshit high humidity and no wind that day).

Being that it's JTs 300 game, hopefully they hype the weekend up for him and we get a decent crowd, 3pm is challenging for the out of towners to attend but not impossible by any means.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah its the weong time of year to be able to exploit a team like that.

Although Penrith is quiet cool this time of the year. Hitting high 20s again might be a bit of a shock. Its about 10 degrees warmer up there. But its not that long ago that Penrith had some scirching weather too.

I think Cowboys will be pumped for JTs 300th. But he might not backup from Origin. Crowd might wait and see how he goes.

roofromoz

First Grade

We have the pink alternate. Surely that wouldn't clash with the Cowboys away.

Penrith don't do milestone games well. I'm sure it was Cam Smith's 300th when the Storm put 50 past us at AAMI Park a couple of years ago.

TheFrog

Coach
Expect about 25C at kickoff. Our guys did the preseason in temps up to 47, this should not be a problem.

This is a huge game for us, and for the Cowboys too. The winner takes 7th position, at least. We haven't beaten a top 8 team yet, so we keep getting told, now is the time.

Being JT's 300th, I hope we get a fair go from the whistlemen. Why do we always get these milestone games? We had Cam Smith's 300th in 2015 and Hoffman's 200th a few weeks back.

We have the pink alternate. Surely that wouldn't clash with the Cowboys away.

Penrith don't do milestone games well. I'm sure it was Cam Smith's 300th when the Storm put 50 past us at AAMI Park a couple of years ago.
We came mighty close two years or so back in Round 3 i think against the storm in melbourne during smith and slaters 250 game i think, ended 18-17.

here it is: slaters 250th, smith breaking club record of most games: http://www.foxsports.com.au/the-mel...k/news-story/91e950cd028d3bbe428b537e543a829e

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I'm sure the commentatory team will the chuck the heat factor in their somewhere if we get a lead up

pantherz9103

First Grade
We always seem to get milestone games and now we get the Cowboys in the heat of the day in FNQ. It's hard to see us winning this game if the Cowboys are hungry enough.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Moylan will need help finding a few of his ribs after his first kick after hess come on the field

TheFrog

Coach
We always seem to get milestone games and now we get the Cowboys in the heat of the day in FNQ. It's hard to see us winning this game if the Cowboys are hungry enough.
Match their pack, and we'll be right. It's not as ridiculous as it sounds. Half of them are playing tomorrow night. Lolo is the danger. Merrin will have to be right on his case.

Moylan will need help finding a few of his ribs after his first kick after hess come on the field
This has been tried before, believe it or not. Matty might look like an underwear model but he's a tough little bugger. He'll just get up and rip you a new arsehole.

Clifferd

Coach
Cows will be hurting after their golden point loss, matched with JTS 300th. You don't beat a team who is playing for a future immortals 300th game

I can just sense a flogging here and Penrith will be brought back down to reality

Cowboys 36
Panthers 12